[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - RazLDN and his Rx8
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:35 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: RazLDN and his Rx8
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:13 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Evenin' all! Hope you lot are doing wonderfully. I thought i'd drop in and see if all you lot are behavin' yourselves lol. Also because I'm thinkin' of gettin' another car to add to my fleet of vehicles! A Gen 3.5 is top of the list at the moment!

Had the Rex about 4 months now and the experience is still as orgasmic as it was when I first bought it! Here are a few recent shots!

Post subject: Re: RazLDN and his Rx8
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:58 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

lovely car u got there! its def on the coupe replacement list!! the US spec ones have a spoiler on the back which is a must i think!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:54 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Those photos are wicked!

Enjoy the high fuel bills, massive oil consumption, and potential engine failures and flooding though :b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:05 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

@Paul896 Dude! I know exactly what you're saying. The spoiler looks awesome! That's definitely on my to-do list.

@Andyr I've had it just over 4 months now and it has been driving like a dream. Only morons flood the engine because they switch it off before letting the engine warm up! Well it's a sports car, what do you expect? Buying a sports car for it to be economical is like buying a p*rn film for it's story line. Potential engine failure? That can happen to any car...potentially ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:14 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

it says i get about 22-25 mpg for the RX-8. i get the same for my 1.6 and as u said its a sports car, if its mpg u need a 1.3 that produces up to 231bhp inst the top of the list!great noise when u crank it up too, its sooooooooooooooo smooth.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:10 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Hey mate, niiiice car. Im going to get an RX8 with in the next couple of weeks when my coupe sells :) ive been after one before i got the coupe just couldnt insure it until now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:21 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Gents, I promise you. You will NOT be disappointed. Besides the orgasmic driving experience on winding country lanes or on the motorways, it looks gorgeous and the ladies love it!

As Clarkson said..."It doesn't seem as if it's running on anything as coarse and as vulgar as petrol. It feels as if it's running on double cream!".

Only down side is...The UK RX-8 forum is heavily restricted for those who haven't joined the club for an annual fee of £30! I can't even upload pics, and there's no personal garage!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:42 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

that is outrageous!!! wats da point if u cant post pics!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:20 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
I've always been told the RX-8 was rubbish on motorways because all the power is above the normal rev band for motorway cruising! Especially in the 231 from having 6 gears.

I decided against getting one and got the coupe instead because I could get a coupe with less miles and 2 years younger for the same price :p coupe wins in my book! Especially as you don't have to check the oil every time you visit the petrol station, and a visit to the petrol station becomes part of your daily routine :lol

It does look nice though ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:17 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

It's true. The real power comes after 5000 revs, but for somebody to say it's "rubbish" for motorway driving is insane! I drive on the motorway everyday to work and the experience is orgasmic. The 6th gear is for cruising, but if you're looking for that tsunami of power everytime you push the accelerator pedal, then the 5th gear is for you.

As for Petrol and Oil, like I said, It's a sports car so it's not supposed to be economical. The RX8 is about the rotary driving experience, not to help save you a few quid.
The coupe might have been 2 years younger and with a lower milage, but ask yourself this...Will it give you half as much fun as an RX8 when you throw it around a few corners? 50-50 weight distribution and not to forget, there's also the option to turn off the traction control ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]