[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - cruise control query
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:29 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ] 
 Post subject: cruise control query
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:12 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen1
Sorry if this has been asked before but i searched fro "cruise control" and got so many replies, i went through as many as poss but didnt see it however if i missed it just lemme know.

what i am wandering is how to use my cruise control?

it is the first car i have ever had with cruise control, but i never got a manual with it and have no idea how to use it. I have a gen 1 coupe.

i appreciate any forthcoming help and guidance :D

Post subject: Re: cruise control query
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:15 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

If its the same as the gen1:

press the cruise control button, accelerate to your chosen speed (minimum 40mph) and press the button on the left steering wheel stalk.

Car will remain at that speed, you can accelerate above it but if you press the clutch or brake, it will deactivate the CC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:18 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:25 pm 

ive only had the car for a couple of years so havent had the time to read what it says on the stalk :b

theres the little button to press in, i use that to set the CC and then just dip the clutch to resume normal driving

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:34 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

cool cheers mate. ill try it out in a bit when i go out. hopefully will work great :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:33 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

:lol @ Mark

The button on the end (like the end of a clicky pen) sets the cruise control, where as the bit on teh side of the stalk that pushes in - press that when its engaged and the set speed will increase - hold down the clicky button and it'll decrease.

No jokes, ive sat an on the motorway for an hour or so, with feet right off pedals nice and relaxed - overtook/slowed down purely with my left hand :lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:37 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

lol androo

looks like my cruise control doesn't work then :( i just tried it and whenever took foot off pedal it slowed down lol. ill have proper fiddle with it another time. just happy to have the coupe at the mo :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:00 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

sure the min speed is about 25mph. its also good for when you get a copper behind you. 28mph :fingers :fingers all day long

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:06 pm 

Coupe: gen3
First you have to turn on the cruise control by using the switch on the dashboard to the right of the wheel

the button on the left hand stalk sets the speed and if held slows the set speed. The slide accelerates the set speed and also reactivates the cruise if it is paused by depressing the clutch, brake or using the button (set) and slide (reset) together.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

yeh i tried that. turned on the cruise control switch to right of steering wheel.

then when was doing approx 70mph i pressed clicker button thing on end of stalk and removed foot off accelerator and it slowed down.

:(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:27 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

its awkward, but after the first time you do it you cant wonder why you previously had trouble!

Try holding the speed - it shouldnt make a difference, but hey.

So, press the Cruise control button to the right, so it's illuminated

Get to speed you want

Hold clicky bit until the "set" light or whatever comes on

happy days

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:33 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
you cant be accelerating as you press the button... :bad

to finally set the speed take your feet off all the pedals... then press it... hay presto ! :thumbup

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:35 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:44 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

hmmm... i could have sworn thats how i did it... to be honest its one of those second nature things once you can get it, and when someone asks you its like, eh......?

It sounds like a different system than the one on the 3/3.5 anyway cause its all on the one stalk in mine,

Worth a try anyway, if all else is failing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:55 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

it's very different to the gen 3... so different I had to RTFM to figure out the gen 3.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:57 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:12 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Bunch of amateurs. I got it 1st time from my bloody test drive, having never been in a Coupe before, piece of pis.............ton. :lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:55 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Then if you have the cruise control button on (right hand side) and you de-activate the cruise by pressing the clutch or brake you can press a restore button (same stalk) and the car will go back to the speed you had previously set it too...handy for the motorway when some burk pulls out in front of you doing about 10mph and you have the brake ^^

sorry if someone already mentioned this, skimmed the posts and thought i would add it :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:08 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

it works :D :D

driving down motorwy just on way home from work i figured ill give it one last shot. and all of sudden on the dash the "cruise" light come on n it worked. even overtook a wagon using just the stalk controls (simple things please simple minds lol)

all i had to do was with the cruise control button pressed, take feet off clutch and accelerator and press the button on end of stalk. im sure i tried this previously but ah well works now :D

very wierd when doing it for firat time though, driving without using feet lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:32 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:30 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

im going to say it was the accelerator.... :rollin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:44 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:20 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
Glad it works now m8y and just a bit of info for you which i had a problem with and most others now is if one of your brake lights is out (blown bulb etc) then your crusie wont work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:45 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

automattick - does that include the third brakelight on the spoiler also?

and yeh scout, i have started to try stopping it now, see how long it lasts though lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:49 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]