[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Finally brought first coupe - need ideas for mods
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:36 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Finally brought first coupe - need ideas for mods
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:55 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen1
hey guys

just put a deposit down on a coupe this afternoon and going to pick her up tommorow lunchtime.

its an old gen 1 but looks great, and drives great too. once im finished with it too it will look even better lol.

Any reccomendation what i should do first on it?

i need to replace the spoiler as its got quite few scuff marks on it, but probably stick with a standard gen 1 one to be honest, gonna have look round now at some. but other than that im not sure what i should do to it first so any ideas would be very welcomed. oh its all standard on there ar the mo j ust so yous know :)

Post subject: Re: Finally brought first coupe - need ideas for mods
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:59 pm 

Coupe: gen3
If you need to replace the spoiler (not just repray) then an F2 evo one (rare) or sharkfin (even rarer) would be the ones to go for.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:09 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
not a massive ammount you can do at a gen1 buying aftermarket wise.ask a few people on here with gen1's

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:20 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:24 pm 

EVO is a direct fit, not sure about the sharkfin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:23 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Last edited by Rik'n'Vik on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:26 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
lol at Daz ... I'm going to do my 1.6 approach, you can also do stuff like re-painting the interior, the dask and door panels etc. looks great if done right ... you can also dress the engine up a bit, paint the engine cover, silicone hoses etc.

to add to Rik's comment I'd recommend getting the front and rear strut bar (I swear it helps in cornering) and for the springs then the Eibach Pro Kit springs OR you could get the MeisterR Coilovers that are being sold by MeisterR in traders section atm.

then there is subtle stuff ... maybe LED interior lighting etc.

(There is also rebadging ... you could make it into a Tiburon and go the american way ... also, go to rdtiburon.com and check out there forum, especially the DIY section, some good stuff in there ... also, check our step by step guides on the forum and main site, just so you can look at improving the gear change as it makes a massive difference in driving the car)

God there's a lot you can do to Gen1's and 2's these days lol :rollin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:38 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:49 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:53 am 

:rollin

Yeah, sorry Daz - I have to disagree, mate... I could've spent a small fortune on ours if I'd had the money, and thats not just replacing the rusty bits either. :lol

I know there isn't a great deal of chrome, alloy or other stick-on bits you can buy, or a great choice in bodykits etc - but there is plenty to keep the owner occupied on the tuning, minor styling and handling front...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:55 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:56 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

bodykits and handling there was always a big choice.thats why i dont understand why they didnt make more things available

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:46 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:12 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

cheers guys thats a hell of a lot to take in lol.

i did see the evo bumpers last night whilst having a poke around. hope they still have them once i got some money - compelotely skint now after buying the car :\

im thnking te following needs t be done:

Aftermarket Alloys
CAI
Angel Eyes
Bodykit - not sure which yet, saw one called "lostboy" which looks alright but not decided upon one, want a "slick" look lol
Exhaust System - not sure where to start here so ill check out the info from Rik
ICE - this definately needs doing, need a great sound system in there
Strut Braces

think thats wnough for the wallet for starters lol.... gonna take a while for me to afford one of these let alone all :rollin

thanks again all for the suggestions

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]