[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Previous cars
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:16 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ] 
 Post subject: Previous cars
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:47 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: gen3
Interested to hear what cars and stages people have been through?

I bought my first car just before I went in for my driving test (my old man was a bit of a petrol head and used to have a modded rover sd1) so I was well into cars from a young age.

Corsa soon looked like this (the way I wish I kept it minus the horrid light masks

Then my boy racer stage - few years of blood sweat and tears, 4 engines later it turned into

While the above was off the road having engine work bought this shed for a few months of use

Eventually decided didnt want to use corsa as every day car to work to keep paintwork decent so then got a R reg vectra SRI (Cant find any pics)

Bought a house and then realised that me and the other half couldnt afford runing 3 cars so the vectra went corsa got kept as weekend car and both shared her tigra

Both got neglected anyway cut a long storey short both are gone now and picking up the coupe on Saturday which is going to be great as such a lovely car especially when coming from the above!

Post subject: Re: Previous cars
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:44 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

I passed my test in 2005, first car was a red 2003 Suzuki Swift 1.0 GLS... completely standard apart from Suzuki OZ Racing alloys. I kept that for a year.

That got sold when I started my year of training down south and was travelling 8 hours (in traffic) every Friday with a full car - dropping 3 off in Liverpool, 1 off in Manchester, each with a BIG military issue holdall and a backpack. I needed something very big, with a boot that could hold ALL the luggage, and each person to have enough space to be comfortable on long journeys, and be economic and really quiet on the motorway... I got a Citroen C5 2.2 HDi. This was a much better (and faster) car than it sounds and the mid range torque was gargantuan!
I even rallied that car a few times up and down really dodgy roads at speed when I needed to (if you are late back to camp you are punished severely in training!).
I kept that for a year.

I sold that to my brother when I finished training, knowing I was on much more money and could get something younger and more sporty. I looked around for the fastest, sportiest, and best looking car I could not only afford but run and insure. I got a Trophy Blue MG ZR 160 and dear god was that thing quick. It was essentially 160bhp in a poorly built lunch box, but it was a hell of a laugh to drive. Quicker off the line than the V6 is too.
I had facelift MG ZS 180 alloys on, Rover Streetwise seats (2 bucket seat bench at the rear, making it essentially almost a coupé lol), a Rover 200 coupé armrest, an MG TF steering wheel, gear knob and rear view mirror (in-built lights). It was like the best of MG Rover and kick started my love for OEM only style modifying ;).
The poor build quality, bad ABS and me sneezing wrote that one off after about a year and a half.

I was so close to getting a V6 Ford Cougar as I always wanted one but could never bring myself to trade the MG in for one, but didn't want another MG, but in the end I swayed to the silver V6 Gen3 Coupé instead due to the younger ages, lower mileages, better trim levels and, of course, the looks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 am 

1995 Maroon M Ford Fiesta 1.3
1998 Blue R Renault Megane 1.6 Sport
2001 Blue Y Nissan Almera 1.5 Activ
2002 Silver 52 Hyundai Coupe 2.0 SE
2003 Black 53 Hyundai Coupe 2.0 SE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:12 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
well when i passed my test i got a standard 1.4 corsa sport, started moddin and it finished like this, and had this for 3 years and then got my black coupe.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
oooooooooooh
first had a mk1 1.1 fiesta
then had a 1.6 austin maestro(4 speed!)
changed that for a 1.6 MG maestro(low mileage-always broken down and in garage lol)
fiesta mk1 bright orange boy racer car.
then had a rover 216 vitesse(mega fast but rusted away over 2 years)
fiesta 1.8 diesel Mk3 written off by ex wife(my car and only brand new car)
hyundai lantra mk1-one of the best cars iv ever had
audi 100(horrible - fantastic car but like driving a barge)
ford capri 1600 mkIII - mega reliable and a babe-still running about
ford capri 2000 mkIII- unreliable but nice
hyundai coupe gen1 1600 fab!
hyundai coupe gen1 2000 fab!
hyundai coupe gen 3 2000 fab!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:39 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Ford Fiesta mkII 1100L - written off, own fault
Ford Sierra 1600GL - written off, own fault (bald tyres and torrential rain = BANG!)
Vauxhall Nova 1300SR - written off, daft bird not looking
Ford Fiesta mkI 950 - scrapped, P. O. S.
Ford Fiesta 1100Ghia - px'ed for...
Rover 214 16v SLi - written off, daft bloke not looking
Citroen Xantia VSX - scrapped, uneconomic repair
Daewoo Leganza CDX - nice car, sh*te engines - should stick to making microwaves, IMO. Scrapped.
Renault Laguna 3.0V6 - autobox issue, sold
Rover 420SDI - PX'ed for...
Ford Scorpio 2.9L 24v Ultima - Cosworth engined beast, lots of tech issues so - sold
Hyundai Coupe 2.0 S - much modified, loved and sorely missed Coupe. Scrapped, uneconomic repair...
Rover 200 SDI - current car

+ various works vehicles and very transient vehicles not worth mentioning.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:42 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:45 am 

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Mine wasn't too bad, actually - that P38 is damned strong stuff, LOL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:49 am 

at 17 i had a deilim ns 125 in this colour:

at 19 i had a Suzuki marauder 125 in this colour:

at 21 passing my driving test, i got a rover metro 1.4D in this colour:

at 22 i got a hyundai lantra 1.6, mine was heavily modded and white, but very nicely done not chavvy:

and then finally at 23 i got my coupe:

Last edited by Angelus on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:44 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

02 Pug 206 - My first car, heavily modified. Still had it until recently. Broke it for parts
97 Honda Integra - Was stolen and burnt out on Christmas Day a few years ago :(
96 Vauxhall Astra estate - Friend gave it to me after the Teg was stolen
96 Mitsi Pajero 2.8 - Another freebie. It had 500,000 miles on it. I blew the turbo on that tho.
99 Ford Puma - Bought it as a spare car, was handy while my coupe was off the road
04 Hyundai coupe - Easily the nicest car I've ever owned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

'95 cherry red pug 306 1.4 - then proceeded to smash it, several times
'96 green pug 306 1.6 - then proceeded to try and replace heater matrix - ended up towed away in bits
'92 Vauxhall Astra 1.4 - what a beast :lol given to me after the second 306 was killed - sold with hgf
'99 Coupe gen 1 - modified with the cams ecu etc etc - sold to a lovely couple at its best ever
'56 Coupe Gen 3.5 - currently under way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:50 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Only had 3 Cars :rollin they are:

My lovley 1.0 Nissan Micra. 4 gears

5045_97446773692_510418692_2131914_4280605_n.jpg
5045_97446773692_510418692_2131914_4280605_n.jpg [ 33.24 KiB | Viewed 685622 times ]

Second was my adored Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4 si, loved this car

5045_97453113692_510418692_2132054_4639355_n.jpg
5045_97453113692_510418692_2132054_4639355_n.jpg [ 81.57 KiB | Viewed 685622 times ]

And last is my beautiful coupe :D which ill be very happy with soon.

15756_193983513692_510418692_3160255_3288145_n.jpg
15756_193983513692_510418692_3160255_3288145_n.jpg [ 63.74 KiB | Viewed 685622 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 pm 

Coupe: gen1
I've only had one car prior to my coupe... a '97 Mk1 Saxo VTR in Silver.

It started off completely standard in every way, but ended up looking like this.

After two years of driving the Saxo, i bought my Coupe...

Which after 2 years looks like this...

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:37 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

- 1.0 Polo MK4 97 (purple)
- 1.2 Punto Sport 1.2 03 (black)
- 1.6 Coupe S 03 (red)

Not a great start. The Polo was the parents which I learnt to drive in, they then gave me it as present for getting through uni and getting a job. I sold the Polo pretty much straight away and got a Punto. Only had that a few months until someone went into the back of it. Did'nt really know about Coupes before I got mine... when the Punto got written off I was searching for stuff to get and discoverd I could afford the Coupe!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

1993 White Nissan Micra 1.0 L
1998 White Nissan Micra 1.3 GX
2002 Black Citroen Saxo 1.6 VTR (Still have it, if anyone's after a run around :D)
2003 Black Hyundai Coupe 2.0 SE

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:39 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Red W reg Fiat Brava 1.2
Blue P reg Rover 400 2.0
Blue R Reg Megane RT Sport 1.6 (taken over by Hutchy)
Blue S Reg Megane Liberty 1.4
Silver 53 Reg Mazda 6 2.0

Worst thing is this is over 4 years and I've had the Mazda 1 1/2 years

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen2
my first car was a corsa sport wrote that off in a month after that got a nissan micra 1.3 then a gen 2 1.6 which again ws write off now a coupe gen 2 2.0l

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:41 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Mk1 Ford Cortina 1200
Mk2Ford Cortina 1300
Mk3Ford Cortina 1.6
Ford Consul 2.0
Mk4 Cortina 2000E
Mk5 Cortina estate 1.6
Austin Monego 1.3
Mazda 323F 1.8
Alfa Romeo TS 1.8
Mazda mx5 1.8 G Ltd
Mazda 3 2.0 sport
Hyundai Coupe 2.0 Se

I can honestly say not one of these cars were bad and gave me endless fun with the exception of .........yes you guessed it the Montego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:43 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: gen2
Purple Honda Civic 1.4 - Done some mods to that, was gona be a purple type R replica..... until I crashed it!! Oops

MK4 Ford fiesta 1.2 - I hated that car so much, but it kept me going for 1 1/2 years despite all the abuse I gave it. :lol

Gen2 coupe 2.0 - My first sports car and major project, its a great car even with the controversial styling.

(personally I dont think the exterior is that bad)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:13 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Well my first car was this Corsa 1.2,... bought it with like 66k miles on it for about a grand and loved it as you would with your first car. Put on those tigra alloys soon after buying it and though it was the business at the time ha.
It was keyed after about a year,,, get this... someone actually scrathed "hi" into my bonnet, covering atleast half of it.
Being still at school i didnt have the money to get it fixed ha ha so drove it for about a year like that after. :rollin
I had had the car for about 2 and a half years when.......
the timing belt snapped as i was driving :swear :puke , it was well and trully goosed, having bent all the valves etc, i sold it basically for scrap £150... since then though its had 3 different owners and i still see it on the road here.
somebody has had some work on there hands....
Next up was my 1.6 focus zetec... which again i loved... left it completely standard, except for a 2 week spell when i had an induction kit fitted. this was removed rather quickly as it destroyed my MAF. a costly fix. but a good lesson nonetheless. vowed i would never get a black car again, but did my best to keep it clean.. looks not bad on this photo i think..... Back in July 2009 i sold it to my girlfriends next door neighbour, so once again, another old car that i stoill see on the road every other day.......
Now, brong on the coupe, got it from Redline specialist cars in Harrogate, sourced it on the internet after having an exact car in my head i was willing to wait. with 16k on the clock this car was a steal..... and I have never looked back since and love it... plenty planned for it but plenty time for mods now that i have myself a new job.
Safe to say that i am definately converted to coupes for a long time to come, (or atleast til i can afford the genisis after its release ha ha)

Attachments:
corsa.jpg
corsa.jpg [ 61.84 KiB | Viewed 685563 times ]
focus.jpg
focus.jpg [ 62.77 KiB | Viewed 685563 times ]
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 78.11 KiB | Viewed 685564 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Aged 17 (2007) 1st Car:
1994 Honda Civic 1.5lsi:

Aged 17 (2007) 2nd Car:
1999 Honda Civic 1.4i:

Aged 18 (2008) 3rd Car:
2004 Hyundai Coupe

Hope to get a clk 220 cdi later this year...watch this space: TBC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:38 pm 

I've only had a few cars, these are the ones that I can remember in the order I had them, There was also a Rover 214SLi a Ford Fiesta 1.25 zetec and a 2006 Honda Civic 1.8 but they were/are the wifes cars ;)

1 Fiat 126 (Fun around London)
2 Vauxhall Nova 1.2 saloon
3 Vauxhall Nova 1.3SR (Very fast 0-60 but only 90 top end)
4 Jag XJ12
5 Lancia Beta HPi (Fun but fell apart)
6 Vauxhall Nova 1.4SR
7 Renault 30
8 Ford Sierra 1.6L
9 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6L
10 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.7D (non turbo – slowest car in the world)
11 Ford Granada 2.8 Ghia
12 Ford Sierra Saphire 2.0 GLS
13 VW Passat 2.0
14 Vauxhall Vectra 1.6L
15 Ford Fiesta 1.6S
16 Renault Laguna Aero 2.0 Auto
17 Vauxhall Vectra 2.0CD
18 VW Sharan 1.8T
19 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Ghia X Estate
20 Vauxhall Vectra 3.2 Elite (Awsome car) :drool
21 VW Bora 1.9TDi
22 Renault Laguna 1.9TDI
23 Renault Laguna 3.0TDI Estate
24 Hyundai Coupe gen2 2.0SE (Pingu – I still miss her :cry :( :cry )
25 Hyundai Coupe gen3 2.7V6 (growing on me :b )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:31 pm 

Have you MET Scout???

Bob is one of the more 'ahem' senior members on here :rollin
Sorry mate :innocent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:33 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:35 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

1990 Ford Escort Mk4 1.3 Eclipse - end of line model with sunroof, electric windows, rear spoiler. handled so nice, i'll one day but a nice classic with no power steering, much more fun. Engine blew up just after it had hit 100k miles (predictably). Scrapped for £10 :/

1997 Skoda Felicia 1.6 SLXi - Good car, not great, but fine for what I needed it for. Enough poke compared to the Escort to make it interesting but it's the worst handling car I've owned. Got 55mpg out of it too with just motorway miles when I took it down to Kent and back! The engine overheated, needed replacing. I sold it on for enough to cover the cost of the engine replacement, which was more than I'd paid for it originally, so that was ok.

1996 Ford Probe 2.5l V6 24v - Handling in this car was good, nice and low. Engine probably had better power than the Coupe, just. It felt faster anyway, probably just because the gearbox was nicer. Looked stunning when clean except for the bonnet which had kinda cracked paint UNDER the laquer? None of the usual rust problems on a Probe though. Engine was burning oil though so I decided to sell. I'd spent a bit on tyres and repairs and made a bit of a loss selling it.

1999 Toyota Avensis 2.0 SR - Really comfortable car, I did the Kent trip again using this and it was way more comfortable than the Skoda, but it didn't get near the 55mpg mark unfortunately! 42mpg was the best I got out of it before mods. After mods the mpg died a fair bit. This was the first car I'd modified much. She ended up with 17" (replacing 15") Wolfrace Triads in shadow chrome, K&N panel replacement filter, full stainless steel exhaust system with sports cat. I got bored as the mods didn't really improve things as much as I'd hoped and sold it for a pretty huge loss.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee12 ... 260007.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee12 ... 260009.jpg

2005 Hyundai Coupe V6 - I ran into a lot of money at once: A year's worth of mainly unused holiday pay, I'd worked over christmas so my normal pay was fairly high AND I got myself off of the emergency tax band after working for 3 or 4 years with it on (lol) and got £2000 back just for that! Trekked all the way to Luton in the afternoon and picked her up just as it was getting dark, had planned to be there earlier but had problems with the bank! Had to arrange day insurance because the insurance offices were all closed! Despite my age (22 at the time) I managed this, but on trying the same site less than a month later they said I was too young! Got proper lucky there. The Coupe is a lot of car for the money and I don't think theres a better all-rounder out there if you want a bit of poke and cornering but with fairly good comfort levels and equipment for not much money. Still in warranty too. Nice. She's got the K&N 57i SRi, Performance leads, NGK Iridium plugs and 18" Inovit CTS black wheels.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:30 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

had a few cars meself
1. ford capri mk3 1.6l
2. datsun cherry 1.5
3 ford cortina mk5 2.0
4 opel manta 1.8
5 citroen bx gti 16v
6 fiat punto mk1 1.7td
7 fiat bravo 1.2
8 fiat punto mk2 sporting
9 vw passat 1.9 tdi
10 hyundai coupe f2
loved every single one of them except the bravo which had hgf after 28k miles cost a fortune to get repaired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:25 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

OK here goes:

"C" Ford Fiesta 1.0 - passed my test in it and ran it 3 more years before trading it in.
"L" Peugeot 106 1.0 - faster than the Fiesta (just)
"P" Peugeot 106 1.1 - better power and 5 gears YAY!
"V" Skoda Octavia 1.6 - brilliant car, used for work for 2.5 years and 60K miles, faultless, but a bit thirsty.
"52" Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi - even better, awesome economy and decent power. Got rear-ended after a year :(
"53" Skoda Fabia vRS - completely loved this car and I still regret selling it.
"06" Skoda Fabia 1.2 Sport - biggest mistake EVER. Slooooooooow. "Sport" badge = LOL
"56" Suzuki Swift 1.5 - a hoot to drive, cheap and cheerful.
"07" Suzuki Swift Sport - a riot to drive, but lost faith in the dealer when it took 3 attempts to get a repair part.
"57" Hyundai Coupe SIII 2.0 - one of the best cars I've ever had.

Next? I have no idea. Don't want to move on from the Coupe yet, I love it!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

bobs only 27 what are you on about? :lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:03 pm 

at 17 i spent all the money i had on my first car...
H reg Peugeot 205 1.0L (with GTI badges) - £200
Spent about £300 on alloys and a sound system but i was never too keen on just having a 1.0L so i planted that through some railings and salvaged what i could.

Then at 18 i bought an L Reg Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8GSi, pretty nippy and reliable as ever but was a workhorse car, never anything amazing. spent around £800 on it (inc buying it) in the couple of years i owned it

So traded it in for the coupe, when i get bored of something with the coupe i dont think about swapping it, i just do it to the coupe: alloys, install and some small engine mods ;)

Dread to think about what ive spent on the coupe in total!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:53 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

19 - "00" Ford Ka
21 - "51" Peugeot Partner Van
22 - "52" Stunning black Hyundai 2.0 coupe... Love her!

Not bad for my 3rd car.

Having never owned a coupe... I will say here and now.. After 3 months of driving one. I'm going to find it hard to find a car like the coupe. Might be tuning it soon and modding. Nothing on the outside though - if I do it would be subtle changes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII
God, this takes me back...
First few years after passing my test I either used my Dad's cars, in between my years at Uni.
Then, from about 1990 onwards...

* 1976 Triumph Dolomite 1500TC (bought off a mate....I eventually lent it to another mate, who never returned it! Actually, I've never seen him since! :rollin )
* 1980 Vauxhall Cavalier 1.8 (bought for £80 and scrapped)
* 1983 Nissan Cherry.....mmm! :rollin
* 1993 Fiat Cinquecento 0.9 LITRE! :eek (actually a fun car!)
* 1994 Renault Clio 1.4
* 1986 Fiat Uno (temporary replacement after writing the Clio off!)

2002megane.jpg
2002megane.jpg [ 78.2 KiB | Viewed 685463 times ]

* 1998 Renault Megane Coupe 1.6 (really liked this & thought it was the bees knees until....)

2002coupe.jpg
2002coupe.jpg [ 95.81 KiB | Viewed 685463 times ]

* 2002 Gen 3 1.6S Coupe (5 years trouble free motoring made me realise just how cr*p the Renault was!) :lol

scoutmoorred.jpg
scoutmoorred.jpg [ 165.24 KiB | Viewed 685463 times ]

* 2007 SIII 2.0 Coupe (now nearly 3 years of ownership) :love

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:37 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I've only ever had one other car.

That was a;

2000 plate Saxo VTR.
Lowered it & put it on VTS Wheels.

The car got traded in 'cos it was very poorly! To put it polite! Ha :)

Now have a 1.6 54 plate 206 Quicksilver! :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:00 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

ok heres my list but i dont have piccies im afraid :-

1) Ford Escort Mark 4 (i think) 1.3
2) Peugeot 106 1.5 diesel - sounded more like a tractor
3) MG ZS 120+ - loved this car, but insurance was too ridiculous
4) Vauxall Astra 1.6 Club - sold to my dad when i went abroad for summer
5) Ford Ka 1.3 - my mums car im using for the time being

hopefully i'll have a nice hyundai coupe to add to the list in the very near future *fingers crossed*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:46 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Starting in 1983...

Cortina Estate 2.0 (Dads)
Granada 2.8 (Dads)
Yamaha SR 125 single (2 wheels)
Honda CB 250 twin (")
Cossack Jupiter 350 single 2-stroke (3-wheels)
Cossack Ural 650 flat twin (")
Cossack Dnepr 650 flat twin (")
Suzuki GN 400 single, torquey (2 wheels)
Council 15-seat mini bus (good fun)
Mini Cooper 1.1
Peugeot 205 1.2 i think
Lada estate (dreadful, ran on 4-star, got crashed into)
Maclaren buggy (8 wheels) 0cc
Peugeot 305 estate 1.5 (smashed it into a lampost)
Skoda (colour of a brown paper bag - worst car ever) 2cc
Renault Savanna estate 1.4 I think
Citroen BX 1.6
Citroen C15 van 1.5 (converted to have bench seat in back for 4 kids)
Citroen XM 2.0 brown one
Citroen XM 2.0 green one
Citroen XM 2.0 silver one
Skoda Felicia 1.6 (yuk)
Renault Clio 1.2

yes, lots of really crummy cars and bikes - but I had my own wheels for nearly a quarter of a century without ever spending more than £500!

and finally...in 2009...at last...something decent...

03 Gen 3 SE - best car ever!!!

(Maybe I'm nearly as old as Scout??)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:25 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:30 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

my first car was a seriously unreal 1.25 Zetec Ford Fiesta Ghia in Ink Blue Metallic! God i loved that car! that started my modding as i swapped the dials for the Zetec-S ones and put on the Zetec rear spoiler. Had that for just over a year and bought the coupe as a happy 20th birthday to me haha!! Was gutted when I sold the fiesta, the woman who bought it said she wanted a banger for her son (highly offended) and said it was tought on him buy a car with a loan and gettin insurance. Eh thats wat i did! still the money paid for the VRT on the coupe!this is my baby now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:35 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

ohhh my age :old is going to show now, here goes its a long list.....
1.fiat 128 3p sports :)
2.mini 1000 x 4
3.capri mk1
4.dolomite sprint
5.ford cortina mk2 1600e, 1700 twin 40s bullit gearbox etc :) :thumbup )
6.ford cortina mk3
7.ford cortina mk4 1600 ghia
8.ford granada mk 2 2.8 ghia modified
9.ford escort mexico mk1 :)
10. ford escort mexico mk2
11. ford escort mk2
12. ford escort mk3 XR3i modified :)
13. ford escort mk3 XR3i convertible :)
14. ford escort mk3
15. ford escort mk4 modified
16.datsun sunny
17. renault 21
18. renault 5
19 austin metro mk1 1000
20. austin metro mk1 1300 modified
21. austin metro mk2
22.austin maestro
23. ford fiesta mk1
24 ford fiesta mk2
25. talbot horizon
26. mitsibushi space crusier
27.vauxhall cavalier mk2
28. renault scenic
29. lada niva 4x4
30. triumph stag
31. fiat cinquecento modified :)
32. what i have now...gen 1 :)

so thats about it approx 30+ cars, the ones with smiles are personal favorites as you can see i have had some right :swear . still have the fiat cinq(don't laugh) it is a very fun car and i love it ,prepping that for hill sprints & will be having a 1400 16v engine.

Mustard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:41 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:30 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

not very much im only 19 after all,

97 renault clio 1.2- first and best car i owned unreal condition so so comfortable, change gear with a finger could park it literly anywhere, had it for 6 months idiots tried to rob it outside my house but couldnt get passed the immobiliser so just burned it out :(

00 hyundai accent 1.4 silver 3 door- it was only alright wasnt in great condition got rid of it after 10 months

02 black gen3- i moved up quite quickly couldnt be happyer .... well mabie a genisis coupe :b

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]