[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Crashed my coupe! :(
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:24 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ] 
 Post subject: Crashed my coupe! :(
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:03 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Havent been on here in a while but thought id come on and let ya all know i crashed the coupe, well someone made me crash lol, gutted. what made it even worse is that i literally 6 minutes before crashing it, picked it up from hyundai after being serviced lol. £6000 worth of damage, dunno whether to get another coupe!

Post subject: Re: Crashed my coupe! :(
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:06 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
oh dear thats a shame.you thinking you'd like to try summat else then?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:23 pm 

Coupe: gen1
Sorry to hear that mate...

Stick with the coupe though, i know i would if it ever happened to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:32 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

bad times :(

as always main thing is you're around to talk about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:35 pm 

Bad news man, It happened to my gen2 (not £6000), written off. I've now got a V6, love it :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:51 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Sorry to hear that mate.
Bad time of year for coupe owners. Every week theres a new thread started after someone else crashes.

I crashed mine last year (not as badly damaged as yours by the sound of things), but i was absolutley gutted. I know how you feel.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:02 pm 

aye gutted like, didnt look that bad but got the price through and near sh*t lol! fella in hyundai is tryin to sell me white tsiii, cheeky!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

White TSIII gets my vote. What kind of price is it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:32 pm 

6k to repair?! you can get an 03-06'ish for 4k.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:35 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

say it on facebook mate, least ur ok!!ask hyundai for a refund on the service tho, i'd be raging!

u have to get another coupe, i knew some1 who sold his and he said its the worst thing he ever did!! TSIII all the way!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:40 pm 

Ouch, sorry to hear about your crash but glad your ok. Coming from someone who was in the same situation a couple of months ago I really feel for you. Hope you manage to get yourself sorted with another motor which is as nice as your last one (like a white TSIII ;) )

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:48 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII
Man thats some repair bill you got there. As said before atleast you can walk away from it in good health. Oh yeah get the tsiii :b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:07 pm 

yeh it still a pain in the ass though, happened 2 days before xmas lol.

luckily enough a week or 2 before i had taken my alloys off to be refurbed lol! then he rang me the night of the crash and told me they were ready lol, how ironic!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:15 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Wow. That to me doesnt look like 6k to repair but what do i know and the full amount of damage may go further than body panels. Doesnt sound like much but when you repair or get a new coupe you will have some nice shiny alloys to put on :thumbup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:30 pm 

you must have done some serious chassis damage if that is 6k

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:50 pm 

What did you hit to do that damage?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:36 pm 

t boned a volkswagon sharam at 35mph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:37 pm 

his front right wheel was right under his car!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:43 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Ouch sorry to hear about this, glad your ok thou.

Has it gone down as your fault or theirs?

Bet the person who caused it was long gone.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:16 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

as above that doenst look 6k unless its more then the panels! check part finder.ie there are breaking a few coupes. there is one 06 alright being broken down a few miles from me, same colour too

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:33 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

depends. When slam panels, airbags, chassis structure get involved the £££ soon add up. I guess they'll write it off.

Get the 6k, grab/borrow/steal another 2k and get that Siii thats for sale in the sale section, i know i would

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 am 

nah the other party has accepted full blame which is handy like, he couldnt do anything else but accept the blame as it was so blatantly his fault.

yeh siii, but was thinkin of a wee loan on top of my settlement money and get tsiii. there is a 2nd hand one (well used for test drives so is now 2nd hand) going from my local hyundai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

That looks bad mate but as long as you're OK that's the main thing.

I'm with androo007 on this, get yourself a nice shiny SIII or TSIII if you can afford it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:02 am 

doesnt look like im gettin TSiii. what colour should i get in ma new coupe though? the same blue (tdial wave) or black?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:57 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

blue all the way! tho maybe black for a change seeing as u already had the best colour!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:00 am 

Vivid Blue Metallic (BV) :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 am 

Booooo! White TSiii for the win!! :thumbup

Gutted for you though mate, what happened exactly?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:54 pm 

in a nut shell. drivin along the outside lane, traffic queued up in inside lane and somone coming out of a give way junction on left through a box section, just flew on out cus the traffic on inside lane had stopped, and he didnt see me coming up outside lane, and smashed into him!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:09 am 

does anyone know if the seats in the 1.6 and the 2.0 are a straight swap? cus i actually like the 1.6 deats better and was gonna puit them into my new 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:37 pm 

yeh same for me i was the only car in the outside lane so if he had pulled out sooner, or later, we woulda missed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 pm 

Got offered £5900 by direct line, which im very happy with as i only paid £5500 for it 13 months ago

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:17 pm 

Aw man thats sucks, but i know someone who happens to be selling a blue gen 3.5 thats done 46k. 2ltr :P check for sale sections. :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:19 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]