[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Insurance nitemare
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ] 
 Post subject: Insurance nitemare
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:28 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: gen1
Last year i bought a 1.6 coupe 1999 had lowered suspension and a induction kit, cost me 3,200 with endlesiegh.

Recently i bought a 2.0 se 1997, it has induction kit, different backbox and tinted windows. (gunna pull the window tints off) i looked for insurance quotes for it, it's about 4,500 admitting to the modifications.

Basically i'm, 18... 6 stupidity points on my license and no NCB, and i was wondeqring if anyone know's of a decent place to get insured with, Oh i have pass plus if that counts ! :)

But i'm getting a 1 NCB in May from another car i might use that for the coupe... unsure.... help.... lol

Post subject: Re: Insurance nitemare
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:35 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Personally, I can't recommend Adrian Flux highly enough. Very mod-friendy, competitive and helpful. Your personal situation (re: age and points) won't help your cause, but well worth a ring - have a chat with them, as long as you don't come across as an illiterate **** who thinks himself a racing driver you should be OK.

Better yet, just clocked that you are in Cambs - Flux are based between Kings Lynn and Swaffam on the A47. Well worth your while to drive over and see them in person, open office hours and 'till 1 on a Saturday...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:52 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
yep id say adrian flux or you could try sky off here

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:06 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Yeah just tried Adriun Flux waiting for a email with the price if they will insure me, and waiting for a callback from sky insurance.

Thanks for trying to help ! :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:25 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I thought you lose your licence if you get 6 points within the first 2 years of passing?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:26 pm 

OK with 6 - it's the seventh that causes the problem, IIRC....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:21 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:21 pm 

Erm, yeah - me too now :confused

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:56 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
same ere, 6 points in 1st 2 year is a ban

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:22 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

go to skyinsurance. they insured me on my 2 liter for 1200. i was only 19, very mod friendly. they beat flux's quote by over £100 if i remember right.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:24 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Kramsit mate have you got any info regarding this as you have got the 6 points within your probation period.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:07 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:08 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:16 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:58 pm 

Can we lay off the personal insults please guys and gals, the member has asked for help not judgements.

I will (and have) remove any offending posts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:54 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Your right you dolose your license if you obtain your points while holding a FULL UK license. I got mine on a povisonal so I got the 6 points kept the provisonal, befor I did my driving test I ha to ring up dvla and ask if there was any point doing the test, they said yea, you keep your 6 points and if you get anything and I mean anything else against you, kiss goodbye to the license.

Got points October 2007 makes me 16
got full license July 2008

That cleared it up or you all?

And I got the cheapest quote of 1,600 which is cheap for me lol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:00 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
you dont have to explain yourself for me mate,but when you tell us summat like your first post alarm bells will ring! everyones entitled to their own opinion,but opinions are like a*seholes everyone has one.still thats a hell of a lot of money for insurance!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:44 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

that's not bad for insurance in your circumstances, I've been robbed blind on insurance ever since I started driving, paying £1.5k when I got my licence when I was 22 on a suzuki swift, then accident brought the coupe insurance back up, to that level in 2006 and now, I'm still paying about £1k...

unfortunatley it's a required evil.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:54 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:44 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

The points are three years from oct 2007 and yeah everyone is entittled to their opnion but I just wanted to clear up the confusion.

Yeah that insurance admittedly is quite pricey but that's with all modifications declered and some that I havnt yet done, it's only just more than the insurance on my other car ( astra 1.7 cdti 55 plate) so it's not too bad :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:04 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Not being funny but when our insurances are going up because of this kind of behaviour, people are entitled to their opinions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:19 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

No offense mate but you dont the circumstances of which they were obtainted so I would appreciate if you didnt try and say my behaviour Is why peoples insurance is going up and they are always ridiclously high for young drivers with or without modified cars

and I know everyone is entitled to their opnions I was clearing up all the confusion even though it was all off topic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:27 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:28 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:33 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

All points were from speeding in 2007 my girlfriend had a house fire so I just hopped on my bike and booted it to go there when she rang me to tell me just so happens from where I am to where she is there are 2 speed cameras, at the time I can't say I was paying much attention to the road.

I actually didn't get to speak to Adrian flux I missed there call I got the other quote from aviva but since then I have rang them with my pass plus numer but I am already using it on my astra so I can't use it so jumped back up to 2,800

as of sky insurance you have to be 19 to be insured with them so I might wait till I'm 19 in march

and don't worry, didn't annoy me that much

but till march looks like I'm gunna carry on re-trimming my car and doing the custom dashboard and replace everything that's slightly broken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:54 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:59 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Yeah it would be worth the rise over there but I'm only in Cambridgeshire area from Friday night to Sunday evening so I would have to try possibly on a Saturday would of done it today as I'm swaffham side of downham Market but I didn't think about it....

But cheers dude !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]