[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - the end of cars meets....BY LAW?
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:01 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ] 
 Post subject: the end of cars meets....BY LAW?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
since july this year stoke on trent council has been pursuing the removal of "BOY RACERS" car meets and cruises from the site of the formal garden festival in stoke.

they now have permission hand out various penalties to boy racers and the like in the area of the festival park.and what do i find most interesting of all.....when the police were asked about the injunction they said

“Car cruising” has been defined as a congregation of the drivers of two or more vehicles between the hours of 7pm and 7am within Festival Park. Additional rules apply.

so by that respect if we were to have a car meet at festival park it would be termed illegal.

they are expecting to extended the ban to daytime sat and sunday...........

warwickshire council has applied for summat similar and they expect to win a ruling where police can intercept a convoy of 5 or more cars they term "could be racing"

many councils are expected to follow this lead

the end of the car meet as we know it?

Post subject: Re: the end of cars meets....BY LAW?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:04 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

incidently this appeared in the local paper a few weeks ago.its seems they now congregate elsewhere and anti scial behaviour has increased in the time since they moved them from festival park...........so the very thing they were trying to stop has increased by moving them off a place where they were out of the way....the mind boggles
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/my ... ticle.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:21 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
this isnt as bad as it sounds thou daz, im a member of a cumbrian forum mainly coz there big petrol heads and know alot and they have there council in on everything the site does from meets to taking an active part in the forum, all meets are planned and the local council is told about them so why couldnt we do the same, i know were not a local forum but theres nothing stopping us contacting the said council and asking for permission

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:24 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Ya usually you need a permit for such things, which usually involves cash in hand.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:39 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

aparntly five councils want to follow stokes lead.thats quite a lot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:11 am 

Festival park or "Fezzy park" as people call it has been notorious for boy racers for the last god knows how many years (at least 15 as i know it). Im surprised the police/council didnt think of this earlier!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:44 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

its not surprise is it steve?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:37 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:20 pm 

Coupe: gen1
Nottinghamshire did this a year or so ago.

Yes it has calmed down a small number of boy racers and unsociable instances, but apart from the odd few, it proved unable to make a convoy illegal and implement it (simply because everyone claimed that they werent in a convoy, it was then upto the police to tie in usernames with cars from websites etc and wasnt worth the hassle), all it did increase was the number of section 59 offences (the old 171).

a section 59 is basically a get-out clause for the police, you dont actually have to have done anything wrong to get a section 59. You can be done for causing a disturbance or annoying other motorists etc to get a section 59, they use this as a warning, if you are issued with a second one then they impound your can and charge you £100+ to get it back.

The issue that they have is that they move people out from being calm in a location that everyone is comfortable with and has no issue, and inevitable force people back onto the road, thus leading to More racing, incidents etc. i do believe Nottinghamshire constabulary released a full document on the outcome of the trial and the main points were that it cost more to operate these laws, that accidents and complaints actually rose and that it wouldnt recommend a national law regarding it.

question:
I am travelling with a group of football fans en-route to an away game, there are 2000 fans and hundreds of cars that could be in a convoy. What would the police do for this? bearing in mind that being a football fan already allieves you of most of your human rights anyway

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:34 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

draconian isnt it.stoke council have ban on for 2 years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

give this bloke a medal
http://quazen.com/recreation/autos/boy- ... -problems/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:02 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

deffo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:52 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Surely this is an infringment of human rights.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

staffs and nottingham are noted as being car enthusiast unfriendly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:09 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

The thing here is all the people commentating are outsiders looking in. If you’d have ever taken a midweek venture to Festival Park you’d see the problem first hand. Not only were the Chavs sitting in their badly tarted up Saxa’s revving the nuts out of their cars having fitted an exhaust bigger than most people’s dust bin and booming out undistinguishable noise with a bass box that would have drowned out the noise of a jumbo Jet taking off but they were doing their best to keep Michelin in business by burning enough rubber in their attempt to create crop circles with their tyres on the roads and car parks whilst at the same time not giving 1 iota of a damn about anyone else on the road, these “fun” and “harmless” activities carried on into the small hours of the morning when they’d use what fuel they had left to race each other home. A lot of them were uninsured had no MOT or tax or were driving dangerously and poorly modded cars with bald tyres faulty brakes etc. There have been many serious accidents around the site with quite a few deaths within a small area involving these Chav’s trying to race their cars. The police and Council tried everything in their powers to stop all this before applying to the courts for the current order, speed humps were installed, speed cameras were installed, gates were put up on the entrance to the car parks but it didn’t stop them they’d park anywhere blocking exits to companies and doing their best to keep the local road sweepers employed by dropping enough litter to make the area a pig sty. They’d had numerous warnings but just stuck 2 fingers up and carried on doing exactly what they wanted.

Thanks to them anyone who has modded their car in anyway has now become the attention of the local Police who will stop you for absolutely anything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:21 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

fair comment mr t.i know there have been deaths through stupid chavs racing on roads in stoke and as you say the morning after looked like a bomb site.nobody on fezzie park is mourning their loss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:29 pm 

Thats why fox hunting should be changed legally to chav hunting. :innocent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:37 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

they should just ban chavs full stop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:21 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

having mainly 4 or 5 members for our meets u think we would be ok???hahaha

thats shocking tho. kinda cant blame them for stopping chavs in thier saxo/corsa yokes esp if they are dangerous and causing accidents, but surely they cops can spot trouble in the shape of those ASBOs and a group of sensible adults meeting to discuss their motors. we just need to get some sensible adults on here, (like the ones who help u use scissors for Art Attack!) and we are laughing!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:57 pm 

I wonder if we wanted to meet there a letter to the owners/council explaining what was intended would gain the permission required to hold a 'sensible' meet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:08 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Worth a try, mate :thumbup

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:13 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Well the Liverpool airport meet will have no problems ... so that will be going ahead :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

i think thats the way most people will go.........private meets private grounds

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:39 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

this isnt a new thing, in 2006 I was handed a section 59 for meeting in a carpark (yes dupe, it was a car meet, I wasn't dogging) I wasnt in the car, and there was no music on etc, so how I could be classed as being antisocial I'm not sure..

the way in which a meet is conducted has a lot to do with if the police will use their powers they have had at their disposal for a long time. round here, the police will drive through a meet, but not break it up as long as everyone conducts themselves in a responsable manner, first rev of engine, or wheelspin there's hell to pay, the meet will be broken up and in worse case section 59s handed out.

as a organisation the coupe community must be seen to be against bad driving, street racing etc, which is in part why I ban it in places I have control over it, and on here make a point that that sort of driving isn't big or clever. all it takes is one grump to spot a ukhcs sticker on a car look search for any post on here to prove we are all reckless boy racers and then rally up everyone at the community meetings to make sure we never have a meeting in (for example) birmingham again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:02 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

You did have an antisocial ponytail though, and your car does stand out a bit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:17 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

i was amazed up your end though how easy going the police were.down in stoke they have no tolerance at all of modified cars but as tatlock rightly points out there were lots of chavs in unfit cars causing trouble so maybe thats the problem!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:42 pm 

I think you hit the nail on the head there dupe, its not the fact the cars are modified but the fact that there is a spread of ages (drivers and cars), levels of modification etc. that is in our favour. But and its a big BUT if we get one loony doing inappropriate driving at one of our meets then it would be curtains as none of us want trouble from the old bill.

There is also enough evidence on both sites of the attitude of declaring modifications to insurance companies and driving within the rules of the road, which are both encouraged. These chavs that drive barely legal vehicles give all car clubs a bad name (and they probably don't even belong to a car club anyway) and should be banned from the highway anyway. Trouble is, banning them won't work as they are probably the type of person that will drive without a licence anyway which somehow only gets them another ban :shrug but thats the start of a whole new thread ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:27 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

We had a police van drive through the carpark at brum, but they just drove past and never came over.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:50 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:01 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:03 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

remember when the copper came to us at the village on kev n bex's meet scout? he was dead interested nin the cars!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 pm 

We also had a copper at the 1st Rivington meet, he owned a sillycar and we did our best to convince him that the coupe was better. Much more interested in the cars rather than what trouble we may cause :rollin . Of course thats also a way of guaging weather there would be any trouble from a particular group, talk to them :b .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:42 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

although dont get faz up there with his hoody and gold chain :innocent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
back up......fill ya boots :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]