[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - death knell sounds for saab
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:32 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: death knell sounds for saab
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
general motors has just announced it is to wind up production of SAAB cars.possible buy for hyundai? real shame love the saab convertible

Post subject: Re: death knell sounds for saab
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:51 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

ha i only text mick doyle bout this last week, saying i would give em 20quid and see if i could run it!haha its a really shame, i wouldnt be a saab die hard but always loved their cars. Looking forward to picking up a cheap 93 convertible tho.......60k euro brand new? i dont think so!that offer of 20 euro still stands!suprised some chinese company havent snapped this up. if GM actually put a bit of money into this they could have had a really strong brand but i guess it wasnt meant to be!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

the way they were talking on the news nothing can stop it closing now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:02 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

oh really??? thats a really shame now. the 1.9TTiD was a beast!having said that the re badged Subura Impreza/9-2X thing was a bit of a low point!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:25 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen1
thought that the saab was going to be saved by its goverment. gm are killing off lots of its brands streamlining its product base and having to show itself as more green than before with its smaller cars and its electric prototype.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:26 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

stupid people

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:56 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

May be that they can support themselves once the recession is over, as Saad build nearly the entire Swedish air force (with planes so good that the RAF and USAF envy), can't see the Swedish government letting Saab go.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:46 pm 

GM only own the car division, Saab Automotive, hence the rest of 'Saab' remains unaffected.

Mathew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:53 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

yep and scania is a seperate entity these days.but looks like the end of an era of saab cars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:06 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

someone will by the rights for brand and designs, its a company that has hertiage and loyal following. im not saab die hard but there are some real cool saabs id love to drive and own.

all it takes is the right people in place to run the company and play to its strengths. i think there big problem has been a lack of range, and i think a design change of direction could be needed. basically make a modern looking saab, not make an old saab look like its been made modern and improved.

think of how the bmw 3 serise has changed its always looked like a bmw 3 but a new design of it. while the 99-900-93 look like there the same car that just keeps getting face lifted every yr.

if hyundai brought then, they have to borrow money to invest in it. they are trading very strongly with kia as a group but they borrowed alot of money to use as investment in developing the cars that have brought them forward. so to borrow more money to turn around a brand in the more prestige market sector in the current climate maybe isnt a good idea.

possibly saab could sit in the vag network between vw and audi.

as Volvo have been sold off from ford maybe a saab/volvo merger could work as there similar brands and work off each other.

thing with saab is they have the alfa thing they appeal to petrol heads, and that means if they get the car right it will sell and make money.

I think someone like prodive/aston martin could buy them and use the hallow effect with a new range of cars to bring back saab.

but these people are business people, they will leave it until GM has totally let given up and closed the brand down, then they can buy it from GM for peanuts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:23 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen1

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]