[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Here we are - phpBB3
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:20 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Here we are - phpBB3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:03 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Coupe: Other
Well, I thought we should just get onto phpbb3 as otherwise it would never happen...

Everything should have converted across, posts, names, passwords etc.

There are some new features that we all need to get used to, and there are extra mod tools (like warnings ;)). There is still lots of work to be done and I will try to do it with minimal disruption.

I am aware that log-ins are not immediately persistent, but after a couple of sign-ins they should be.

Let me know of anything which really doesn't work. I am looking into the "last post" bit at the side of the forums.

Board time

In your user profile you will need to set it to UTC to make the time correct - unless you are not in the UK. "Board Preferences" within "User Control Panel".

Your Coupe
Also in your profile you can select your vehicle from the drop down in UCP, "Profile". This will then display under your username. (See mine, left)

*edit*
Breadcrumbs fixed.
Dark red text now bright red.
Mods now light blue instead of green
Links in posts now underlined.
RSS Feed re-instated.
Re-organised smilies. (Not so many displayed on the left when you post)

Post subject: Re: Here we are - phpBB3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:05 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:08 pm 

Coupe: gen3
Well I'm in, looks great ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:09 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

wow the new site lay out is mad...... this is guna take some time, good job though.

very well done

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:19 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
like it.looks alot more modern

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:26 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
Nice update...

Don't think the colour scheme works as well as the old one though

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:29 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Chris, its to bring it more in-line with the main site colour scheme.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:32 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
i was just getting to grips with the old format lol....

but to be honest with you i agree with dupleman, definately alot more modern. Looks good buddy, good job. :thumbup

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

i like the colour-he said looking at his red gen3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:35 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
wow this site and LiDl's site is now pretty much interchangeable ... can we not have the red text on the main forum saying which post was last edited, it is stupidly hard to read, thanks :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:39 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Fixing the text is on the to do list. I've not visited lidls site so I don't know.
The old style was black and blue, this is black and red to match the main site.

The main point was that we needed to get onto phpbb version 3 and this was the best style I could find. :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:41 pm 

Probably worded that a bit wrong to be honest... Just think theres a few bits here and there where the colour choice doesnt work as well as it could.

Username on posts is Dark Grey/Black, on a Grey Background. Doesnt stand out as much as before. The red theme itself isnt bad at all ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:44 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:48 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Well thank God for that, I was putting some stuff in the Far Sale section and just after clicking submit everything went pear shaped... Thought I'd crashed the server or summat, lol. Would add a smiley, but I thonk they're all in hiding!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:00 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Hmm,

Not a massive fan, but never mind, just a few comments:

can we have the unread posts link back please
the in: isnt 100% working (is this just because of the database upgrade?)
could you take a look into getting the feeds sorted? it's my main method of keeping up to date, (and it's only a ticky box for you ;))
I like this amount of adverts, (particulaly now I have a new car and want to buy everything but have no money to do so)

Overall though, good job, it's a well overdue upgrade and can only bring the forums forward.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:02 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Ads will be back, ads keep the forums FREE for people to use :)

The last topic link will work, once people start making normal posts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:15 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Yes all that will be sorted.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:18 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

signatures are flakey it's quite random and I'm not sure how to fix it I turned the club ones off because of it (but then liked without ;))
scoupe is missing from the custom profile field, (it's hard to add a new one to the begining of the list if people have already set theres)

as I previously said its a step in the right direction, glad you took it.

[edit: interestingly my dont use bbcode tick box was ticked, althogh the image originally was showing... odd, but if that's all it was then that's not as much of a drama as I thought it was going to be.]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:25 pm 

Looking good liking the black and red. It can only get better. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:35 pm 

Also just noticed, When reading a topic they is no links as such to go back to the catagory or forum index like they was before.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:28 pm 

It's an alright start, but feels a bit rushed.

Key things for me are:

The colours, I'm colourblind and can't read any of the Red text on the grey background.
The "breadcrumb" navigation is missing (i.e. Board->Forum->SubForum at the top/bottom)
The width of the forum seems to be too wide on larger monitors

I'd personally prefer if the style were changed to be more like the old forums, i.e. colours etc.

Is this theme set in stone, i.e. the Red & Grey or are you open to suggestions for alternative themes/styles? If you are, why not try the (you had the phpBB2 version on the old forums).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:36 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

well zoe i think it looks great, there will always be few minor niggles that need sorting out when changing forums its to be xpected but now were ere we can crank things up a notch, as for the colour scheme i think it works well, as for every 1 who isnt sure - i few dozen when setting up my site and there all hard to read at 1st.....ull get used to it, well done zoe :beer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:45 pm 

faz, the colours aren't just a case of getting used to them. The shade of red being used for links combined with the shade of grey used for the rest of the forum results in all the links being impossible for me to read (one of the great things about being colourblind :roll: ) and from a usability standpoint red on black/grey is a bit of a no-no anyway

I'm trying to be constructive here as I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:38 pm 

Very posh! :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:40 pm 

Ebay shortened links not working on the ebay thread They do here though???
Other that the red being a bit strange, its all good for me!

Oh and no gen1 rulez smiley :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

is it me or has the pic upload bit vanished

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:53 pm 

Aww I liked the garage section of the old one!

E.g. mods listed and categorised, total spent automatically tallied up etc :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:56 pm 

[quote="hutchy2570"]It's an alright start, but feels a bit rushed.

Key things for me are:

The colours, I'm colourblind and can't read any of the Red text on the grey background.
[b]The "breadcrumb" navigation is missing (i.e. Board->Forum->SubForum at the top/bottom)[/b]
The width of the forum seems to be too wide on larger monitors

I'd personally prefer if the style were changed to be more like the old forums, i.e. colours etc.

Is this theme set in stone, i.e. the Red & Grey or are you open to suggestions for alternative themes/styles? If you are, why not try the [url=http://www.stsoftware.biz/phpbb30_style.acidtech.html]AcidTech phpBB3 theme[/url] (you had the phpBB2 version on the old forums).[/quote]

I just click on the big "The UK Hyundai Coupe Site" logo at the top, takes you back to the main index

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 pm 

Just noticed in Ukdegu113 thread...

His location is stretching the left box out further than others, so his posts look different to everyone else's. Not a massive thing, just doesnt look as pretty.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:59 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Hi, links are styled the same as normal text making them essentially invisible, aside from being a huge useability nono, it's erm.. annoying..

so if you get a min ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:37 am 

:yeahthat I've noticed that too ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:10 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:17 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

oh and the database copy has buggered up ' and £, common thing, but I dont envy you having fix that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:04 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:29 am 

£ ' " :confused

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:55 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Last edited by LiDL on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:57 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

no editing posts, nothing.. am i on a restricted as hell account or has the permissions for everyone been messed up?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:17 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

I have all options :confused

Strange, I changed the CSS so links were underlined, I did this yesterday and it worked OK? Weird.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:27 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:28 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

No, it was underlined anyway, so you knew it was a link.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:35 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

visited links have no text decoration..

options on posting are back

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:38 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Right css fixed, now stay, good css.

Dunno what happened with your options Lidl, but I've not changed anything?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:52 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

gone again.. :(

it's not an error I've come across (or been informed about)

but if I tit about going in and out of areas on the site it's fixed ? but for how long

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:09 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

are we having post image back again? having to keep uploading to photobucket is a pain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:43 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Maybe Maybe not ... i'm not telling you :fingers
I think Zoe is looking into this ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:47 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

merry christmas lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:48 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:50 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

il just do the usual and take that as a yes

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next