[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Epic Jack FAIL.
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:07 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 Post subject: Epic Jack FAIL.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Well as some of you no i was changing my wheel the other day and my jack failed.

Basically the threaded bolt snapped clean off, causing the car to come crashing down, crushing the bottom of the passenger side wing and just missing landing on the brake disk (due to being held up on the wing and the crushed jack)

So we went into Hyundai Simonstone to obviously speak to them about it and get it sorted.

All they said was, No. Pretty much due to the car being about a year out of warranty there not willing to diagnose the jack fault, the damage on the wing, and repair and replace the wing and the jack.

They said it would be a different story though if i had been injured, i said yea we would be in court!

Obviously i wasnt injured, but the risk was there and i was only a foot from the disk when it went down.

I think were taking things into legal hands though now... Its amazing how there so worried (Hyundai customer (so called) care and the franchisee simostone) about recouping money for the costs...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:40 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:11 pm 

:yeahthat one of the best bits of advice my old man ever gave me ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:17 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

A jack is used to jack cars up, not hold them, jack it slightly higher than you need, put blocks of wood underneath, and lower so that car sits on blocks, if no blocks are available then use a purpose made axel stand, never just leave it on a jack, even a heavy duty hydraulic one, as they will fail!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:02 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:09 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:12 am 

agreed but, and its a big BUT, would you put your hands, legs or life in the safety of a bit of pressed metal, made by the lowest bidder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:20 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

I believe it's called an "Emergency Jack" and it's only really good in said emergency situations.

the levelness of the ground also plays a big factor in the stability and safety of the unit..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:44 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:35 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:58 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:49 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Sorry to hear that Lakez :(

Hig - have you taken note? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:40 pm 

aww absolute gutter mate!!

the motoria is good to pick up at any point over the next few days mate when youre ready though :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:00 pm 

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:59 am 

Coupe: SIII

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:58 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:58 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:54 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:10 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:32 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:24 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:20 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]