[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - MY ALLOYS DNT FIT
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:39 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: MY ALLOYS DNT FIT
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:54 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:00 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:07 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:37 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:05 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject: wheels
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:49 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Thats a shame Craig but its not a difficult job to put right.

Shame its not summer cos then its an easy fix--simply dab raspberry jam (or any other flavour) on the bolt heads that are in the way, put the wheel in place , take it off and leave for 5mins, then drill shallow hole wherever you see a wasp!

Otherwise local wheel centre? The holes are very shallow, have seen pics elsewhere on this site for same problem and that would have you fitted up with the wheels you chose. If you lived in S. Yorks I'd do it you for free mate..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:40 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

cant the bolts just be taken out? do they just hold the disc on or do they do something more important?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:43 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

I'm worried about this too. Im looking for 17" alloys at the mo. what if you bought multi stud 17"alloys and the other four holes you weren't using were 4x100 fitent would they fit straight on without drilling then? :confused

Cheers for the help!!!

Post subject: wheels
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:15 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

hi mate i know wat yr saying thanx for the help. if u would do it i would travel dwn 2 yrs and give u a couple ov quid for doing it if u were interested otherwise i will try a wheel place around my area just i allready been round 80% of them already and no luck. mine are the multihole fitment so does that make a difference aswel because i have cn the pics of the drilled ones and mine have more patterns for fitment on them. tricky business this is just for sum wheels. wat a christmas present!! and thanx again for all yr help guys apreciate it.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:04 pm 

im a tool maker so i guess i could do it for you problem is im in yorkshire which is to far away. best advice i can give is find a machinest shop and for all four wheels should be no more than 100 quid ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:22 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

First of all I definately am a Wolfrace Worrier :lol . get some artists charcoal and cover the raised nuts on your hubs, put the wheel in place pressing it against the hub. take off your wheel and there should be 4 marks, dot punch the centre of the marks then get an appropriate sized drill bit and a slow start drill and drill into the wheel approx 4mm on all of the marks, repeat this on all of the wheels and they will fit snugly. Alternatively take them back to the supplier and tell them that the wheel you bought off them for your Gen 1 Coupe don't fit and get them to to sort it out. After all if your told them which vehicle they were for they should have ordered them correctly. This would be my preferred course of action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:53 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

anyone know what the bolts do? do they just hold the disc on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:59 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Coupe: Other
Yes, they hold the disks on, it's not a good idea to remove them, else each time you take the wheel off your brake disc will drop off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:05 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

but its not unsafe is it...just wanted to run the wheels for a week or so until i can get mine drilled....only thing is i dont have a set of origanal wheels as there going as p/s for the 17" ones..

Post subject: WHEELS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:56 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

BACK AGAIN im looking to get my dad to drill the wheels for me im guna try the charcoal idea but im abit worryed coz my wheels r multi fit pattern? will it still wrk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:13 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

i had the same prob and just got my drill and used up a few drill bits but got the job done! its a long proccess to do a good job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:06 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

In reply to crossers query, I seriously would not try that mate, I'm not familiar with these hubs but what if the wheel then spins seperately to the discs? Have a real good look at that and ascertain what they do..It cant be nothing. Maybe that Xorro is correct and only problem is that disc is not secured with the wheel off but would advise drive gentle at first and try hard braking at low speed which I'm sure you'd think of yourself. Are the wheel studs coming off the disc or throug it, thats a major difference, if studs pass through everything then thats safer than studs off the disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:02 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

a new line of enquiry here for you guys, my multistud 17's won't even sit on the bolts, do you think this is down to these bolts or do they plain, just not fit. The bolts look like they line up fine but they're just not sittin on at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:17 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Jay, I would be surprised if your multi-studs fit at all. The coupe uses a 4x114.3 bolt pattern (1st & 2nd Gen) which is quite rare and a PITA. Most multistuds are set up for 4x100 or 4x110...

1st rule of buying alloys - make sure they are the right fitment!

If it was due to captive rotors, you would get them lined up and on, just not enough to put the bolts on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:49 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

well, considering the gen1 isn't discs all round, could i try them on the rear of the car?. If they fit, its the rotors, if not its the wheels. I didn't buy them, they were a gift when my sisters boyfriend bought new ones, so i'm not losing anything, just might cost me to replace them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]