[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Graphics
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:45 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Graphics
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:28 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Do many of you have graphics on the cars. I know its not everyone's cup of tea, but I think they look the bees.. A hobby of mine is designing graphics, I havent got the facilities to produce them, but I can produce a picture to work off.

Done a couple for some of the Borocruisers and did some for my own project. If anyone is interested, let me know what you'd like, and i'll sketch something for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I like graphics, but I'm scared of getting them myself incase they look ridiculous. I think that graphics either make or brake a car, no inbetween for me. And I couldn't handle throwing all the money away if they look crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:32 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Yes, I know what you mean.. When i design the graphics, i try to draw the car, with the colour it is too, and draw the graphcs onto this. That way, you get a good representation of what it may look like.. It is easy to go wrong though, and end up with something that looks as bad as fido dido.. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:08 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Ive been thinking of graphics for a while now, feel free to knock an idea up for me.
I might even use it, (no tribal graphics though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:07 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Will do.. Any ideas what you'd want.. I'm thinking Manga by the looks of your avatar and signature

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:06 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

How bout this.. Havent got a scanner, so just photographed it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:09 pm 

thats pretty cool, how would it go in the car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:36 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Well, i'll colour it so you see a finished version.. You could probably get a vinyl made up for less than £100 from a company who does car vinyls.. If you wanted it, i'll arrange to send the picture to you in the post..

You could have it by the front wheel, facing back, with the rays heading towards the back of the car, or vice versa.. In front of the rear wheel, facing forwards, with the rays heading towards the front of the car..

I will also try to get a pic of a coupe, and sketch the graphics on it so you can see what the final product may look like..

Glad you liked it mate, always glad to help personalise a Coupe..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:40 pm 

go one better, get the side on pic from my garage, and have a play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:12 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:40 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:17 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Matt - if you want when I get home I'll redo the coupe lettering in Illustrator - then it's completely resizable and you can wack it into any colour you want etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:41 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:02 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:47 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Had a busy few days but I'll see what I can do now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:19 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Almost finished the colour version.. Will get it scanned by the end of the week as a .jpg and let you know. Been looking into Photoshop to do this, it sounds straight forward enough..!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Colour version! Rawk on! Stick it up on here Sinner, I'll spootyfy it for you :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:03 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Right.. Here is the colour pic of the Manga Head, and a pic of Flatbeats car.. I found this in one of the other topics, and its a sweet side on shot, ripe for putting on the graphics..

Ive just given you the pic of the head. What I was plannin was about 8 white rays coming of it around the side of the side of the car, like the jap flag..

Managed to get Photoshop, I was gonna try myself, but I got soo much rubbish on my PC, I didnt have room to Install...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:32 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thanks Sinner, looking schweet! I've got something pretty cool going on with those Jap ray bits as well, will post it when I get home tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:16 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Sounds good. Will be cool to see what it looks like placed on the car.. Will await your post.

Nice Teamwork mate, pity there isnt a huge calling for it, we could've had a sideline goin on..

Post subject: ***KiLa Graphics***
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:22 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Ive always been F2F Tokyo drift fan @ heart...think graphics look kool on certain rides!

give me an example of graphics on my ride buddy???

KiLa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:36 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

gah forgot all about this - thansk for bumping killa! will post tonight, promises!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:07 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

To Kila.. Nice Pic of the car, should be good to work with.. Will come up with something for you very shortly.

To Superfluity.. Can't wait to see the result, i'll be on here later to check it out. Gonna work on stuff for Kila too, if you don't mind lending a hand with the photoshop bit again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:53 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Not sure how this would work, have never worked with vinyl. It'd probably have to be airbrushed unless you can get clear vinyl and print on it?

Meh whatever.

Initial application (just pasted on):

Farted about with a bit to get the shadows and stuff as it would be normally:

I have the original graphic in 1600*1200 res if anyone needs/wants it for making vinyl out of - this can be expanded to any size without loss in quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:41 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen3
By the way we can do all these graphics for you if you want stuff put on the cars, if you wanna know what anime looks like on cars, wait till we go to donny because my designer has been tinkering with our cars in the style and we hope to have them all sorted for then.... but that's all I'm saying about that ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:43 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

oh yeah, the designer is also a perfectionist and does loads of designs before he settles on one he wants so we may have a number of exclusives avaiable too :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:43 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Woohoo, that looks pretty amazin.. Cheers for that mate.. Hope flatbeat likes the example.. Should have one done for Kila soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:57 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:43 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:55 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Of course not, we'd never do a thing like that! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:01 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

nope, I will post the designs and the photos after they are done

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:24 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Hey Lidl.. I checked out the Ultimate Vinyl site from your signature link.. Looks pretty cool.

Id say Graphics are just the best way to give your car that unique and individual style, Ive got the designs I did for when Im ready, so I may just have to bookmark your site..

I here you have a designer, but if you wanna see a few of the simple Tribal stuff or anything else that ive done.. let me know and i'll post em on for ya..

Post subject: *KiLa Graphics*
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:24 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Hi Sinner...

im waiting with great anticipation!!! :-)

Having a white ride is like having a blank canvas, only thing is im not much of an artist hehe!

KiLa

Post subject: ***Sinner***
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:33 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Hi Sinner...

Ur incredibly talented i was just wondering what software u use, im very creative but quite restricted with the Windows standard Photoshop 9 packaged, my dads got Serif tho!!!!

Any suggestions? or do u just use the simply software and i just need to make more of an effort lol :rollin

KiLa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:11 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Just incase you missed it, here are my current graphics, although they are coming off soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:00 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thanks for the talented comment Kila, I like to thinks so :lol Unless im just touching up the finished scanned in picture, I actually don't really use software at all. Im trying to get to grips with Photoshop CS, to help produce the final pic onto a car. All my work is just freehand. Will post your finished pic as soon as I get it scanned, finished it last night.. woohoo

I will have produce a flashy Hyundai logo for you Jer.. Will have a go later.

Will also post a few random Tribal stuff in case anyone wants to use them too.

Id like to do it as a job one day, but for now, it's a very satisfying hobby, especially if I get to see one of my pics actually made up and used...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:14 am 

fek me LIDL that ur bird? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:40 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:31 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:40 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:24 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:22 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

To Kila, Let me know what you think mate.. Hope you can see how it goes on the car from the PM I sent ya..

To Jer Shark, This one in Grey is an idea to go over the Back Wheel Arch Facing forwards.. Hope thats the sort of thing you wanted..

The other two designs are just a couple of Tribals if anyone likes them..

Design for KILA

Design for Jer Shark

Tribal Heart

Tribal Eye

Pencils are always sharp and ready....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:26 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

the first wont translate to (cut) vinyl very well, however the rest would be ideal for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:56 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

second would look hot... I've digitised it and here is a preview... personally I prefer the grey one but I like subtle stuff:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:58 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

it looks well hot in metalic blue.. but that vinyl is expensive but lighter blue would look well good too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:04 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Hey, you've toy'd with that pretty good, that looks awesome on the car.. Worth it I would say.. Lets hope he likes the design..

Hey Lidl, as you work in the graphics business, what do you think to the designs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next