[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - What size alloys for a Gen 3.5
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: What size alloys for a Gen 3.5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
Folks, its gonna be cheaper for me to buy a full set of aftermarket alloys, than buy a single alloy from hyundai.

What size do i need, and is there any other vehicle makes models, that will fit directly onto the gen 3.5? I think Mazda RX8 are a direct fit? any others?

Post subject: Re: What size alloys for a Gen 3.5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:40 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen3
do a forum search for all posts by ninos... he's tried every set of oem wheels from other cars on his coupe over the years ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:17 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

As above; Ninos has had RX8 and 300c wheels on his car. With the 300c wheels you'll defo have to change the tyre for a much lower profile. I think the same applies for the RX8 wheels, although I'm not 100% certain.

Theres plenty of nice aftermarket available these days for a good price.

18's fill the arches a bit better than 17's on a Gen3/3.5 IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:32 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
RX8 alloys are 18's and fantastic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:40 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

sweet i might look at some 18s then, although i was hoping to keep my tyres...

What size alloys and like hub stuff do i need so that they fit straight on without spacers or anything like tht

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:00 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i have OEM 17's on mine, mick has 18's on his.Either size looks good and i actually think the ride has improved with the 17s, seems smoother then when i had the 16s. I remember Jack had 19's on his V6 and they looked a lil bit too big IMHO.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

cool

Will ANY 5 stud alloys fit? i need to buy some aftermarket ones this evening ideally...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
rx8 alloys go straight on

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:50 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

hmm, might try and source my set a self of RX8 Alloys then... i quite like!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

i had the same question and got forwarded onto Ninos to... and man am i glad i did... i checkied out his car with the 300c alloys and they are just mint. 18" though meant i had to fit 35profile tyres but its a small price to pay. i can only recommend them. Admiring glances everywhere i go, it just completely changes the look and gives off a much greater presence, if that makes sense. ha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:33 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Set here

Think these are closer to you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]