[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Gen 3 wing vent mesh and LED upgrade.
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Gen 3 wing vent mesh and LED upgrade.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:31 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3
Hi everyone. I am thinking of offering this service to members and am testing the water.

Meshed Vent

Meshed with LEDs (different colours in stock)

What do you think?

Post subject: Re: Gen 3 wing vent mesh and LED upgrade.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Looks good to me mate.

Can I get a set with Dupe paying the easy payment scheme for me? lol

What sort of cost you looking at? Is travel included? :lol

Think these would do best wired into the indicators :D

Last edited by -Sie- on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:28 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

I would love the mesh one, the stock "mesh look" one is a bit tacky imo.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:20 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
put it this way I'd love to try and hack them onto me Gen2 :rollin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:10 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
provided i can get down in the next few weeks you should get to see some on a car

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:24 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i wonder if these would fit a Gen2?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:48 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

sharky thinks it can be done

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:10 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

they look the bizz,far better than the standard look
but iff you are using them lit up all the time or when the lights are on they would have to be red or amber as marker or indicator lights as they are facing to the rear
think im right in saying this and would keep the rozzers at bay

steve :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:20 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

correct.but mr sharky will offer other colours for those requiring a "show" look

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:48 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

They look great Mr Sharky. How much would you charge for a set of 3.5 Gen wing vents, painted and Amber LED's fitted? I would be wanting them posted up north too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:13 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Blimey, settle down. It looks like it might be worth going into production on these. For those of you with Gen 3s I would be looking at converting your existing vents, rather than having a turnaround system like Mr Tatlock. The mesh conversion doesn't take more than half to three quarters of an hour per vent. The LEDs take a bit longer and the time depends on what you would want them wiring to (indicators, side lights, or a separate switch).

As for Gen 1 and 2... watch this space, as I have a spare Gen2 wing and a spare Gen3 vent, so I'm going to fit one to the other and get it all painted, take some photos and post them on here.

I'll work out some prices and post them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:43 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:52 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

take it off, glue an LED strip inside, put mesh over the end, done, pretty simple job really :thumbup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:40 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:52 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 am 

Me likey, especially linked to the indicators :thumbup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

it might just be me but i dont see the point in having them as indicators.you hardly ever see them on..........and neither does anyone else

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:07 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

there's no point havin any other colour if you don't have any other external lightin Daz, so they'd have be indicators

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:16 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

oh i know what you mean hig but have you ever tried to see the side gills on a gen3 from behind? you cant even see them.and you wont see from the side except at night........so i just wouldnt have done as indicators.red is the best colour of car in this case lol.or black

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

tbh there is only a point to these if you have external lightin, coloured LED fins on their own will look naff ... indicators are pointless if you can't see them ... soooo .... only get these if you have coloured angel eyes or undercar lighting ... looks like it is just me whom should be buyin them then :rollin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:32 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

or me who has footwells and under bonnet lighting,under bumper lighting,extra rear indicators in red...........

and what about people who are wanting to start doing it? good a place to start as any

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:01 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

under bumper lightin :rollin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:07 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

yep........unintentional though :b :rollin :rollin :rollin its the glow off the engine bay

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:24 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:32 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

summat do with a red car id imagine.....................

you can see my under bonnet lighting from outside...............
and you avoided the question what about people that want to start somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:54 pm 

I just like the idea of the side of the car flashing at night. No-one could say they didn't know you were going to pull out :lol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:35 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

you'd see the LED's flashing, if done right it'll glow out onto the doors :thumbup

however, useless in the day but def worth it for the night

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:22 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

would go with shark mirror indicators........cant see them in day either

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Was same trail of thought I had when I posted my first comment. Yes you wont see them in the day but you will see them from the side or back at night when they flash.

As said they would be like wing mirror indicators just lower down, as for only going with cars with other lights tehn you dont tend to see them during the day either thou.

Again its a thing of personal preference and there is no right answer, however I would be interested to know the legallity of having a random colour whilst linked to anything but a spare switch as they may be classed as rear facing lights.

Personally if I get a set it would be wired to the indicators for a subtle mod as the rest, not a fan o over the top stuff but again its all personal preference.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Im definatley up for getting them done as indicators if sharky starts doing them

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:51 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

well ist been a long day.after a run to brum to sort out the vents.............

wheel off and arch liner out! removed the vent

the new meshed out vent.looks miles better

and finally lit up in sharkys

and at night

and from behind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

whats with the bit that don't light up?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:58 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

thats where the clip is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:03 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

it doesn't look like it has been re-fitted right, you know with the light comin through the top of the vent, is it right?

sharky have you had any chance to look at fitting these to the Gen2 wing? I am curious about what these will look like as I think they would go well with everything I have planned.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:17 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

there is nothing you can do about the escaping light.iv asked a few yanks who've done it theirs are the same.......but they have said sharkys look far neater than shark racings in the day as you cant see the led's and they dont stick out.and at night sharkys are brighter too apparantly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

ahh right, can you not put any silicone or out inbetween the vent and the wing? you know just to close the gap off?

or me Dad suggested a bit of 3M tape inbetween the wing and vent along the top? surely there is a way of doing it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:26 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

yes you could.they are only held on on gen3's by about five clips....and as you can see there is nothing other than the clips.so silicone could be used to make a "seal"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:32 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I was thinking, if you take the vent off you can see where the line is, so if you put some black silicone on, then allowed it to dry, the screws would pull the vent onto the silicone, so that seal would block the light, I think it would make them look more impressive if you did that, although I must say, I do like me Dad's idea of the 3M tape, would be a much cleaner job to do and a bit cheaper too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:54 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

the only thing this way,although you cant catch on camera is a "halo" around the gill feature.............and also at the top it splays a line and looks like the newtiburon logo lol.but yeah either two ways you said would be ok

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:07 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

photographs never do lighting justice and pick out the slightest bit of uneven, I'm betting this looks pretty damn impressive in the flesh.

Plus if you were to get them wired to the indicators it would be completely irellevent as the flashing would cancle out any spotting that you may be seen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

and iv changed my mind about the indicators..........they would look really bright........and really good

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:20 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I luv um Dupe....... What do you recon of Blue on my Silver coupe....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

blue would look really nice.......it looks really good on silver.......(as would some blue stitched headrests hint hint)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:34 pm 

so how useful as side indicators would this be? I was thinking of doing this and smoothing off the current ones.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
Looks good daz. Very tempting to copy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:39 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

dunno if that'd be legal during the day though

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:45 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

i dont think it would replace side indicators tbh.id be looking for mirror cover indicators too with that idea.it wouldnt be illegal though cos you could just about see them

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen1
looks good mate :thumbup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:52 am 

I had LED indicators on Pingu and had no problems during the day

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:09 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

yes but yours where not hidden in the vents scout, no way you'll see them well enough in the day

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next