[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - ABD ICE BLUE Xenon Headlights ---- Anybody have a picture???
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:11 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ] 
 Post subject: ABD ICE BLUE Xenon Headlights ---- Anybody have a picture???
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:32 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Anybody have the BD ICE BLUE XENON HEADLIGHTS???

Im looking to get these as they are the closest to replicating Xenons,

So does anybody have a picture of these in the dark preferably???

Cheers !!

:drool

Post subject: Re: ABD ICE BLUE Xenon Headlights ---- Anybody have a picture???
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:05 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3
Do you have an example of what this is?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:33 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII
....I am thinking it's these efforts:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H4-ABD ... -pair.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:46 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I recently chucked in some "White" Xenon's, which I can only assume to be similar to those linked above, the results are as such:

[edit] removed image, see below. :)
(Xenon left, standard bulb right)

I've been recommended some Osram Nightbreakers, and will be throwing them in soon, hopefully they'll be a little brighter, as the ones I have now are certainly white, but not overly brigh.t

Last edited by SPeedY_B on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:46 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Have you moved your image Speedy cos I see only a red cross....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:26 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Seems to be working here. I'll chuck it on a different host, just for good measure:

:)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 am 

postimage is known to be utter rubbish, they have server crashes all the time. best not to use them at all.

the imageshack one is fine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:14 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

...they look quite kool actually - I use Ultra 5000K Xenon bulbs - nice bright white light

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:10 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

the xenon white ons don't look too bad! are they the abd ones or different?

Im confused as to which ones to go for as the abd xenon ice blue's claim to be like hids, plus my car is blue gen 2, so not sure if abd ice blue or abd extreme white would look better and brighter??

any thoughtss??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:37 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

They're not ABD, just some cheap unbranded 55-watt "white" xenon's from eBay. As I said though, I've got some Osram's to chuck in. Will try and get round to that tomorrow at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:56 pm 

Coupe: gen1
I've had a nightmare with any kinda blue/ice white/anything other than standard on my lil gen1.

Bought most from halfords and they tend to blow alot more than the others... dunno if this is just me... i mean for a while im like "chekc out what i can see!!!" and then its like "im blind!!!!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:40 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I have used the Ultra bulbs in every car that I have had for the last few years and had no issues whatsoever with blown bulbs etc.

Good value for money imo....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:06 pm 

I would stay away from ABD's ownbrand H1's unless they have changed suppliers. I bought a couple of sets about a year and a half ago now and they didnt last 2min's.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 pm 

I used to use standard headlight bulbs and may aswell have just used sidelights, i then went for the extra bright ones from halfrauds and they made things slightly better, but ive just spent £45 on a set of HIDs so hopefully ill be able to see infront of me in the dark soon enough

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:11 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:14 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:58 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:15 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:27 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

And headlamp washers too.

See

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 pm 

the automatic levelers are redundant, its just a farse to try and make it harder for people who can't afford overpriced/dont want german shitemobiles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:17 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

oh ok, thanks for the replies!!

Im thinking either Philips Bluevision or ABD Ice Blue,

The thing im confused about is that Bluevision claim to be 4000k whereas ABD Ice Blue claim to be 6500k,

If onlyyy they had pictures!!!! :aargh :aargh :bang :bang

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 am 

I have had the phillips blue vision ones. They are good but not as much of an HID look as i thought they would be. You can tell a difference tho. Mine came in a kit where you get the 501 side light bulbs to, they was crap better to get white led for side lights.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:53 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I use the ULTRA xenon look bulbs, £9.99 a set from rude racing,quite blue to look at maybe a lil brighter on the road but no comparison to proper HID.. though a bargain at a tenner for 2bulbs.. get the wedge blue sidelites free if you order same time as the bulbs.

deano

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:44 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 pm 

No afraid i dont have no pictures of them. A quick search on google image 'phillips blue vision' bought this up, not sure if i believe it tho as mine was not as much of a difference in he picture.

Attachments:
Phillips Blue vision.jpg
Phillips Blue vision.jpg [ 44.75 KiB | Viewed 21540 times ]
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]