[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - WIDE Body Kits
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:21 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 
 Post subject: WIDE Body Kits
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:58 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Im planning on purchasing this kit. I currently have a silver gen 3 52 plate and was wondering if i was to get this body kit am i correct in saying that the whole car would need a new paint job to have the colour matching correctly? (bumper coming out slightly different tone from actual vehicle)

I was thinking of selling my silver couple and going for a black 1 with prity much the same spec just so i can have this kit - i believe it would look alot nicer on agaisnt black than silver.

If the whole car needs a paint job would i be better of keeping the silver and then getting everything painted black when the kit goes on?

Not got much knowledge regarding paintjob / bodywork so all comments will be great!

Thanks

Last edited by h0rse on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Depends how you want to do it - the silver is pretty standard so you could probably just get the kit sprayed and then get the lines "blended" - this is where they feather the line between the old and new paint thus making it less obvious.

That's the cheaper way.

If you wanted to get the car resprayed properly then yes, the car gets stripped and all done in one go, leaving no difference whatsoever between old and new.

It'll cost you roughly £500 to get the kit sprayed, and around £2500-3000 to get the whole car done.

If you want to save money you're almost certainly better off starting with a black car and just getting the kit sprayed and blended.

O.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I see, 2500-3000 is alot for me! My best bet would be to get a black coupe, lob the kit on and get it blended. Obviously it will cost a bit to get the kit on and the paint.

So it would cost £500 to paint the kit, how much is the rate of actually fitting a kit by a professional? Would i be looking around £1500 to get the kit put on and have it blended?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:49 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

1500 sounds fine by me. Yeah def will be taking to a proper place as i really dont want any mess ups. For lambo doors - can the peeps that put on bodykits also put on lambo doors too? How much roughly would they charge to put them on if i bought the parts?

haha yeah i've seen the story of the 350z. Anyone wanting to view it -

http://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off- ... uined.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:20 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I would've thought they could fit them yes, but bear in mind I'm pretty sure all Coupe door kits require non-reversible changes so make sure you're happy with the kit and they're happy fitting them.

You shouldn't have any trouble, but just make sure the doors wouldn't foul on the bodywork if you're putting on the wider body kit.

Certainly though, if you're getting the kit fitted it seems like the perfect opportunity to get the doors fitted as well, couldn't tell you how much it'll cost though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:53 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:13 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:38 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Or just save up for it! Good things comes to those who wait duder!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:27 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thanks for the replies guys, You say atleast £2000 - is this for just the paint or fitment aswell?

Yeah i've been thinking id be better of getting the full car painted. I wouldnt be doing it start away this would be for 1st q of next year as i will be doing a few different bits and bobs to the coupe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:54 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:34 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:15 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:45 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:27 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

just a suggestion but if your going to make your car stand out that much and getting a full respray why go for stock black or silver?why not get a custom paint job (i dont mean the bling west coast customs with glitter in the paint kind) but maybe one this colour

bodykit will look awesome either way tho!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:44 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

MXPPKXXYYTY - thats a crazy paint job!

Yeah i have been looking at different cars but so far the black hits the spot for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:47 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:31 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:39 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:59 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:57 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:45 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:59 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Sorry for late reply been away. Im in glasgow mate yourself? What about fitting the kit, do you know anyone that would be able to do a good job?

Off topic from the heading (will change it to something more suitable)

I have been looking at the SC2 kit. It looks smashing in the white as these pictures show -

Has anyone bought this kit/know somone with it or have any info regarding it? Good or bad reviews?

I have looked about to see prices and the best i have found is the full wide body kit - front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, rear arches with a shipping time of 14 days for 800USD from body-kit.com ( http://www.body-kit.com/hyu03tibsc2.html )

Now that is an amazing price that i have found compared to other places especially that it includes the shipping. Has anyone had any experiance with body-kit.com? They have been very quick at replying to emails - within 5-10mins.

edit : Just found another website that will do it including postage for about £470 - https://www.revengebodystyling.co.uk. Same again - anyone dealt with them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I would be very careful of buying a bodykit for £500 - that's going to be roughly as cheap as they come for full kits, which means they'll be about as much of a nightmare to fit as is possible.

Some things are just worth paying the extra for in my opinion.

If it helps I dug out an old email for you from when I was looking at the Ibherdesign kit - I emailed Ibherdesign themselves and they put me onto a guy called Phill Cassells at JK Autospares - http://www.jkautospares.co.uk/. They're the UK and Ireland distributors for Ibherdesign stuff so would be a good place to start looking for kits.

O.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

The sc2 kit is known to be one of the worst quality and fitting of any the coupe kits. It will cost a lot to get it fitted and once on it will be ok. So its just a warning there.

The Ibherdesign kit has been reportedly by others to be one of the best quality with very little or no modification needed to fit it and supposedly comes with the tabs in the right place ready to be drilled and bolted on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:24 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Or you could just forget about doing all that work and buy this bad boy:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1344257.htm

He had for sale at £5850 I think but is now just looking for offers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:50 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:03 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:13 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:17 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:37 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
dont know wether u saw my post but if you think ibherdesign are good quality search it on new tib and ull soon change ya mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:59 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Can't comment as I don't have a login to newtib, but I've only ever heard good things about Ibherdesign myself. I'm up for being proven wrong tho...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:47 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

My Ibherdesign bumpers were brilliant to fit...even better than th eVeilside skirts which had to be modified...and yes they are genuine. To fit a Wide bodykit you shouldnt ask for a set price really. I think you need an open mind to be honest. Even with the 'normal' kit on mine I was aware of the fact that there would be JUSTIFIABLE deviation on the price... if you wanna look at my ibherdesign kit give me a shout and we can meet.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]