[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Just got my chrome lexus style rear lights
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just got my chrome lexus style rear lights
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:43 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Big thanks to Harly for the rear lights (just got them this morning) which are the same as the ones on PC
http://www.performancecoupe.co.uk/Gen3C ... Lights.htm

Quick question before i take things apart though is that obviously there is no amber on them for the indicators so I presume I need to get some chrome/amber bulbs like what I needed when Kel tatlocked my headlights
[ebay]250437230971[/ebay]

and if so are the same size and fitting as the front indicator bulbs

Just thought i'd check before dismantling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:40 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

They are the same size and fitment as the front, the lights themselves are an easy but a litle bit fiddly fitment, 3 8mm nuts hold them in place behind the boot trim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:42 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:14 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showth ... p?t=126765

Hope this helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:07 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

hello lads

iam wanting to uprgrade both my taillights and headlights for my coupe 2.0SE 04 reg but can only find tailllights !!

I have looked all over for headlights but no look!

I would be greatful iff u could help or tell me what the crack is with upgrading bot sets of lights!

Cheers paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:08 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Cheers for that.
Just popped to Halfords to get a 8mm ratchet spanner as I can see it will be a lot easier using one of those rather than just a regular spanner.

Got my bulbs ordered but now after seeing that post on new tiburon those led rear lights Hmmmmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:09 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:19 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:28 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:15 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:21 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:23 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:55 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I think i would be intrested in having them done and travel down to collect them from him,,i think i just need to decide on what colour to have them done.

How much did they cost for you to have them done?? and could you send me his email address or a contact number please

Thanks paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:31 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:22 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Having trouble getting the rear stocks off.
I've removed the three 8mm nuts per light as per the tutorial on the newtiburon and have been trying to push the rubber covered nipple thing out so that the whole rear light should come out but it seems to be stuck fast by the far right corner

There are two other nuts and bolts to the far right side which appear to be 10mm ones but im not sure if they are attached to the light or not (need another trip to halfrods to get a 10mm spanner if they are)

anyone else who has removed rear light on a gen 3 is it just the three bolts that i've already done???

Finally got it off, just needed a good tug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:31 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Got it all done now, didn't take long at all and pics will follow when i've downloaded from my phone to the laptop.

They look great but there are a couple of things that i wasn't too sure about

1. there are 4 sections to the headlight but of course only 3 light bulb holders so the 4th section on the rear lights is redundant (section red section which turns the corner of the lights)
2. The rubber seal trim seems to stick up more than stock so there is a bit of a lump protuding (i'll mark it on the lights)

But all in all a really good look which prompted Jane (my wife) to say ooooo they look posh.

Tools used
1. 8mm ratchet spanner (£9.99 from Halfords) which was a must as there was no way you would get a regular 8mm spanner on to one of the bolts due the angle
2. Pair of pliers just to get some leverage on to the ratchet spanner

Time taken : 40mins to do both sides

If I was to wire in the break light into the 4th redundant section anyone know exactly what I would need as in

What size and model bulb holder I would need
any particular wire
how would I physically wire it in (is it something called a scotch lock)

Thats the problem with doing mods you do one, you want to do more than the norm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:39 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:59 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Sorry but dim but what do you mean by reflector section?
Pix also showing the chromed tatlocked headlights that Kel kindly did for me
Next mods up are (hopefully when insurance is finalised) Pipercross SRI and also clear repeaters
Anyways here are the pix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:22 pm 

The rear lights have to reflect light, shine a torch on them. If they reflect the light on the reflector they will be fine. If they dont you will have to purchase a reflector strip and stick them on.

This is an example of what the reflected light will look like:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:28 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Ok right,
well just been out with a torch and they reflect fine off the brake light

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:05 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen1
looking good. the chrome look suits your car well :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:49 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:31 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:13 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:02 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
i will attempt to find out what rob used in the fourth light when he wired mine.but i got red bulbs in there that flash with indicators now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:32 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Did your lexus lights come with a cap for that redundant fourth hole?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
no it had white metal type tape over it

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]