[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - gen 3 servicing.
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: gen 3 servicing.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:27 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

:?:

my coupe is due (well..... over due) its 20,000 service, i only got the car new years eve an the car dealer did tell me it was due service. i would of discovered that anyway, looking in the service history book. however, like all salesman do..... they said it would only be around £150, which they have re-imbursed me for because they had intended to get the service done, but with it being over christmas..... they couldnt get it into the dealer near them.
but on ringing the hyundai dealer, they want £280 for the 20k service.

its a bit of a pain in the backside, because i am a motor mechanic and could probably do the service myself, but, i want to maintain the hyundai service history while its in warranty incase things go wrong with it. i know the law changed a couple of years ago, where as you can have the service carried out anywhere as long as genuine hyundai parts are used, and it is to the manufacturers spec.

does anyone know a decent garage around the st.helens area that would do the service to the hyundai schedule and cost less than the £280 ive been quoted ?
or has anyone got a dealer stamp for the book ...ha ha ha ( just kidding )

problem is, i do have some warranty issues that hyundai need to look at, so i think my hands are tied to getting it done at bramwell's of wigan or ryder's of warrington.

thanks in advance for your views.

neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:55 pm 

As you're a mechanic why on earth would you want to pay another mechanic to service your car? :confused

Mathew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:39 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i know what your saying matthew..... but the car is only 2 years old and still got 3 years warranty on it.

i ask the same question, and totally agree with you, but i can't stamp my own service book can i ??
if something went wrong with the car and needed to go in to the main dealer, they would want to see the service history etc. an if its not stamped, they can refuse to repair under warranty. that is the terms and conditions of the warranty.

if i could get hold of the service check sheet from somewhere.... i'd prob do it myself, just get the service kit from the dealer.

thats why ive asked on here if anyone knows a good, but cheep garage who could stamp the book for the price of a standard service. its a pain, cause i usually do all service and repairs myself... its against my grain to let someone else put there mawlers on my car.

neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:23 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:19 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i don't work in a garage now..... thats the problem,

when the main dealer i worked in closed, i went back to driving HGV's for the council.
so not in a position to get the book stamped now.

does ANYONE have a service check sheet for the gen 3 they can e-mail me ???
if i had one, i'd do the servicing myself, just using hyundai parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:53 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

My Gen 3 is going in for it's first service next monday, if you can hang on till then I'll send it to you. BTW I have 3 years free servicing on my 2005 54 plate, I thought this was a universal offer from all dealers last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:27 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

all dealers could offer free serviceing on one model of car............. MK Hyundai chose the GetZ :shock:

Post subject: servicing
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:31 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i wish i'd of got free servicing too... however, i bought my coupe used, so lost out there.

my coupe is a 53 plate, on 20, 750 miles, its the nicest, lowest milage car ive had. ( of my own anyway )

that will be great if you send me the service sheet AT.......
its a bummer when you have all the technical know how, all the tools and equipment and have to allow someone else to do your servicing etc.
i'm a stickler for maintaining my cars. ive never had a car break down on me orlet me down, i just put it down to regular checking and maintenance.

LOOK AFTER YOUR CAR......IT WILL LOOK AFTER YOU !

neil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:33 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

280 is a bit over the top my 50k is only going to cost £300 :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:44 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i'm a bit sceptical at paying that sort of money out to be honest phil....

i think its O.T.T too.

both dealer's in the area have quoted about the same, bar the shouting. i wouldnt mind, ive got mobil 1 oil in my garage, lots of it, i'd rather do the serviceing myself. its just wether the dealer uses the hi-scan to adjust tuning or check for anything that i cannot do myself.

the main reason im getting the service done, is due to a fault on the alarm system, and these damn rattles.
the alarm arms...... but occasionally activates, an at 2am.... the neighbors dont like it, not to mention i have to run downstairs to disarm the alarm and re-lock the car by the key to stop it going off again. there is no determined time when the alarm sounds...... it can be as soon as ive locked / armed the car or a few hours later.

any thoughts ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:01 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I'd search for a decent local independant - ask around, price is far too much, they're only changing the oil & filter & the pollen filter !!!

Just had same situation with other halfs Ford Fiesta (still under warranty too) - Ford dealer wanted £145 for the 2yr service, local garage using Ford OEM parts £90 - guess where I'm going

It's also the case now that it's not necessary to use OEM parts either, as long as the garage is VAT registered & follows the service schedule your warranty is intact

To be honest the cost of servicing is my only negative thing about the Couoe, Hyundai dealers are way to expensive

--- worth knowing too that KIA are owned by Hyundai, maybe there's a local KIA dealer who will do the servicing for less ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:50 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

hi mountainkat.....

i agree..... servicing is far too expensive. you know, a garage charges say £60 an hour for their work, the actual recovery rate they get is about £45.00 this means that the cost to them is only £15 per that hour of work, they are making clean profit of £45.
i was a service advisor for the MG Rover dealer here in st.helens, they are long sinse gone now after the fall of rover, but, i knew what they were making, it is scandalous, they were also a Kia dealer too, but couldn't hold their own with just kia franchise, an went bust, luckilly...i got out just before and now got the most secure, easiest job ive evr had, working for the council driving binwagons etc.

if i could do the dervice myself i would.....
its only for the warranty work that i have to use the dealer . but if they see the service hasn't been done, they could get funny, as i didnt buy the car from them and they could play the rule book.

i think once this service is done, i will get it done elsewhere. for sure.

thanks for your imput mate... much appreciated.

neil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:41 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

When I booked my coupe in for it's first service I asked how long it would take and they said 2 hours max. Surely £280 is far more than 2 hours labour and a couple of new filters.

I did book my Gen 1 in for a 80k service when I owned it and the dealer gave me a complete list of everything that was to be replaced and checked and the labour cost, off the top of my head I think it was £280 but that was for a cambelt change.

in the end I got my friend who is a mechanic to do the work as a foreigner, it cost me £120 including all of the parts and I got my service book stamped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:09 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

it just goes to show, it can be done far cheaper than a dealer.

i have been wondering today .... i dont really fancy paying out £280 this time of year, we're just gettin over christmas. so..........

because i work for the council, they carry out their own servicing on £150,000 mercedes bin wagons etc. surely they must stamp a book to verify it has been done to spec, i get on pretty well with the garage admin staff, i may ask them to stamp the service book, after all they carry out plate tests / m.o.t's so i cant see it not being valid enough, if so....
i could get the genuine service kit for my car, do the biz myself and its happy days eh ??

what d'ya reckon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]