[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - clutch slipping on gen 1
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:33 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: clutch slipping on gen 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:36 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: gen1
i hav a 1999 hyundai coupe se in black. when i got this car the clutch was slipping. i was told to renew clutch. i did this with a after market clutch ( hydrolic clutch ). still had the same problem after doing this when we removed the clutch that was in it seemed ok. SO WE THEN REPLACED SLAVE CYLINDER THIS HELPED BUT WHEN CAR HAD BEEN RUNNING A WHILE IT STARTED SLIPPING AGAIN. CHANGED CLUTCH FLUID TO HIGH PERFORMANCE CLUTCH FLUID THIS HELPED BUT AFTER RUN A WHILE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN. ANY IDEAS THAT I COULD NOW TRY? CAN U ADJUST PEDAL ? ANY IDEAS AT ALL? CHEERS !

Post subject: Re: clutch slipping on gen 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:44 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

what state was the flywheel in when the clutch was changed?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:07 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

all the clutches are hydraulic... and auto adjusting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

fly wheel was ok . the clutch we took out seemed new so previous owner may of had same problem

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:43 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

fly wheel had no heat cracks and no scoring!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:15 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i have this problem, clutch master cylinder is at fault. £137+vat from hyundai but i got the rebuild kit for about £60 . Its sat in a bag waiting for me to get my arse in gear.

johny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:09 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

ive replaced master cylinder. But didnt get from hyundai. Was like 20 to 30 quid or summit. Is that the 1 that has rubber end with pin inside n there's like a flexi pipe comin of it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

No, that the slave cylinder.
The master cylinder is on the bulkhead and it attatches directly to your pedal. I find bleeding the clutch helps for a few days at least allthough mine has not been bad while the weather has been cold. Unless i really give it the beans.

if you cant wait i'm going to do mine soon i'll do a guide .

Hopefully it'll go better than my clutch one which i never finished lol

johny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:25 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

havnt tryed that 1 mate. Cud be the way forward. Is it easy to get off u reckon might try a second hand 1 the mora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:54 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

couple of 10mm nuts but it looks as though it could get incredably fiddly , i tried to contort myself so i could see the top of the pedal but i just couldn't so i f3cked it off for the day (it was snowing at the time)

johny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:40 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

ive had a luk for it n cant even see it. Is it underneath where u would fill clutch fluid up? Did u put a new clutch in urs then hav same problem mate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:00 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

anyone with a master cylinder for sale??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i'd say no to one for sale,. my local motor factor guru couldn't locate one in the uk.
Yeah i did the clutch.

The clutch resovoir has a pipe going from the bottom straight into it. its level with you clutch pedal but in the engine bay bolted to the bulkhead.

johny

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:15 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Had the same problem with mine. Had a replacement clutch fitted by Hyundai main dealer & it still slipped. went back to Hyundai dealer cost me about £130 including fitting.

Hyundai dealers vary in price, the dealer in Northampton is far cheaper (parts & labour) tha the one in Peterborough who wanted £130+ VAT + labour for the same thing.

If you can find someone to do it for you, it's worth a little extra cash. I've built 2 kit cars in the past so fixing stuff holds no mystery for me but the Master Cylinder on the Coupe is a ba****d to get to.

Done around 3000 miles since with no problems.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:28 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

there's an adjustment above the clutch pedal where u can give it abit free play.done this and it seems ok. Shud the pin in the slave cylinder hav a bit free play coz its stiff as dusnt move at all. Can u adjust that. I think if i get a bit more free play above pedal and slave cylinder that might be me sorted. It seems mint now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:00 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

suck it and see , but let us know either way :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]