[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - TURBO KIT HYUNDAI 97 98 99 00 01 TIBURON GACP V6 2.0L
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:32 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 
 Post subject: TURBO KIT HYUNDAI 97 98 99 00 01 TIBURON GACP V6 2.0L
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:31 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Just searching thorugh ebay, and my friend pointed this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO-KI ... 3919wt_960

now i don't know much about this, and im not looking at getting this ( would be silly ) but if one was looking for a very basic turbo. is this the kind of thing ud buy? :shrug

*please no :swear to this post :) , it is just a question :thumbup *

Post subject: Re: TURBO KIT HYUNDAI 97 98 99 00 01 TIBURON GACP V6 2.0L
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:37 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

cheap turbos where bearing usually dont last long.

Standard piping, but will still need fabrication and modification to fit.....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:42 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

ahh i see. so the kit going on ebay requires much more then they are putting on then :rasp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:44 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
that does seem like a fairly good package.

would still need :
turbo manifold & gaskets
downpipe and matching to exhaust
sensors
gauges
ECU - piggyback/standalone
possibly a main boost pipe (none there seem long enough to run from intercooler to back of the block
fuel system - 5th injector/duel fuel rail/bigger injectors
air filters

then add onto that any body modifications, clutch & flywheel, ecu tuning, labour costs etc.

£400 seems like a good price for that though to start you off but dont expect that turbo to last you a long time without some work on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:50 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

ahh i see. :thumbup
so it would be good to look at then :rollin and maybe sound a little better but as for performance. not much :lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 pm 

it will run upto 350bhp...... maybe if your engine is running 320bhp before you fit it.

a couple of us are hitting 250bhp territory now after ALOT of work, nothing bolt-on will get you anywhere near, unless you bolt an evo engine, turbo and transmission on that is

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

:rollin that would be do nice to have something like that lol

so silly question maybe coming up lol :rollin

what would happen if that kit was bought, and fitted. are there levels that you go by.

gosh im so :pants with this stuff :o

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:23 pm 

all depends what sort of power you want.

think of it another way, you have a shower, you want some really powerful jets coming out of the shower head, you need to have high pressure throughout and solid piping all the way down, any weak points will break, or if you run at low pressure you wont gain pressure.

this kit would basically be running a shower with an ebay electric supercharger to power it, it may run for starters but it wont last long at all.

the more pressure you run at, the more power you will end up with, but only if the parts that you have can hold that power consistently

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:26 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

:thumbup ahhhhhhhh i understand now. Thanks mate.so there would have to be a lot of reinforcing to be done

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:31 pm 

you would end up having to reinforce or replace parts (basically what i did) so would work out cheaper buying afresh if its a long term investment

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:37 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

what do you mean when you say fresh? a fresh what?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:43 pm 

buying new and seperate parts that you can rely on, wouldnt really recommend buying any sort of "kit" unless its from a reputable seller

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:45 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

yeah, makes sense. so it would be more a case of buying new parts which can sustain the extra pressure then buy a turbo kit which is from a better brand which inevitably would cost considerably more

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 pm 

youre getting there.

Or nip onto rdtiburon.com and speak to a member called SOCKS, he has set up a company over there making bespoke kits to your required output.

not the cheapest trying to get the things shipped over here but he is reliable in his work and knows his stuff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

phoar, when you speak of bespoke kits, im guessing that would be extra expensive. ranging into around £1000 - £2000 :shrug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:57 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen2
would love to do this mod but be some money to get everything in and put right am guessing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:01 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

I've yet to see a decent and reliable install that cost under £3.5-4000...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen2
gosh so your talking more than the car actually worth. but seems like a canny mod to do for some serious gains if you could afford the wanga. :tasty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:23 pm 

rick, it all depends what power you are looking at putting down.

when i was pricing things up i figured i could get everything i needed for about 2.5k, the main cost with it is fitting and tuning.

I dare say that i spent more replacing knackered parts and tuning then i did on the original full set of parts!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]