[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - your thoughts?
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
 Post subject: your thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:07 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen2
well when i get myself sorted out think i mite start off my 1st mod doing CAI or an SRI which i am unsure. just wondered what you would rather have in because a read on here bout cai there a chance of hydrolock from engine if water gets in or sri which doesnt let this happen your thoughts and suggestions please???

Post subject: Re: your thoughts?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
Go for a JD Rides CAI... I did and im still very pleased with it :D

The chances of a CAI sucking enough water in to hydrolock is minimal... The filter sits just below the battery, so not that low.

Just make sure you dont go through deep water if your worried, then you're sorted. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

ok chris cheers al keep it in mind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen3
with the JD Rides CAI, you will have more worries than your intake if your in water deep enough to affect it..

put it this way, I have one in my gen 1 and I drove through the floods in durham reccently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 am 

The stock intake system has a snorkel system that takes air in from the bottom of the bumper, despite having 2 "resonator boxes" its essentially going to play the same in water as a CAI surely?

My CAI I had fitted to the V6 before I took it back off was at the very bottom of the bumper in front of the front left wheel.

Is yours a V6 or 1.6/2.0? The 2.0 at any rate doesn't have the same MAF as the V6. I gave my old, old CAI to Lakez on his 2.0 and it worked fine as an SRI by just leaving out the lower pipe and putting the filter up top. I wonder if the same can be said for the 2.0 CAI... you come across deep water and just pop the bonnet, remove the lower pipe and put the filter up top (once you know what you're doing this will only take 5 minutes tops)
:thumbup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:38 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

he's got a gen 2 tris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:51 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:13 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

lol cheers so what would you say would be best to buy and brand etc?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:16 am 

Coupe: gen1
If its definately a CAI your after, then JD Rides do one for £70 which loads of members on here have gone for -

Thats the one I have...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:49 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

:yeahthat - or you can pick up EXACTLY the same kit on eBay for £50, which is what I did. I realise this may upset folks, but why pay more for the same gear, hmmm?

Personally, I find the filter on these CAI's isn't low enough to draw the cold air though and if you extend it, it drowns the induction note out. I finished up adapting it to make a home made SRI, I ran a cold feed to this (not essential, I never noticed a huge difference) and was well pleased. Sounded great.

Re: Hydrolock - you need a foot of water to cause this, more if you've not extanded it. It's a rare occurance and, TBH, anyone driving through this (having fitted a CAI and forgetting to temporarily disconnect it from the throttlebody) could do with the lesson. IMO.

Last edited by Rik'n'Vik on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

or if you want to go SRI, plonk a filter on the end of the existing piping. Makes no difference if youre going the SRI route

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:58 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:58 pm 

I had a jdrides cai but changed to the sri for thr extra growl :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:34 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

oh rite cheers 4 help guess am just ganna av 2 tink bout it a seen the 1 on jd rides for 70 quid like but if they gan on ebay for less think al have a look bout on there to agree to that y pay more 4 the same thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:36 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

i say old chap please could you type in english? I have a jolly hard time reading your posts.

Well yeah, theres plenty about.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:29 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:40 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

haha ok no problem keep forgetting used to all this text typing. surprised you remembered you told me to write clearer, that was when i first signed up to forum lol slipped my mind i apologise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:45 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:29 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

yo!! ive not long fitted the toyo sports sri kit to my gen 3 2ltr.. not bad at all for £25!! anyone else got this kit?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:44 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

am always hearing about the injen sri someone on here might have it but not sure

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:58 pm 

FANCY BADGE, FANCY PRICE TAG.

£35 unbranded on eBay...can't go wrong...similar gains...1/3rd of the cost...

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:03 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

a just need a job all this talk on here is making me jealous of doing mods etc got a couple of issues with the car that need fixed now though think i have warped disk brakes and the tracking needs doing. and i havent got a nutshell to even get these fixed "sigh" llol

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]