[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - motoria exhaust
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:23 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: motoria exhaust
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:15 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

just came across a cat back exhaust for my coupe and couldn't say no! should have it all done when i get my car back from the bodyshop!! i'm excited but just hope that its not TOO loud as its a big ass kit!! i'll post a video of it and see what you guys think!

i'm right in thinking that its a good kit yea? i thought that duple has one if i was not mistaken??

http://img695.imageshack.us/i/img0103nd.jpg/

http://img695.imageshack.us/i/img0102rh.jpg/

Post subject: Re: motoria exhaust
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:45 pm 

hmm, i think it may well be loud mate :lol You will get used to it and then love it tho ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
thats the one.it was ok til i put header on then i needed a much bigger silencer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:33 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Christ alive!!! :bang First pic is taking forever and a day to load and the second one might just as well not have for all the detail it shows :aargh

You need to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL here, Bernie. Motoria midsections and backboxes are used by XSPower and if that is the system I think it is it will be 2.5" pipework and is too big for your engine displacement.

Your car will loose Torque badly if this proves to be the case - as said before, you need 2" pipework at the most.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:26 pm 

So you bought it then... Well it's for definate the same as the system I had, the XSPower one, a good piece of kit once you get it fitted up.

How did you get on getting it fitted, and what does it run like? As I say, the pipe is a bit big for the 1.6 - but you should be OK if you are running the standard cat and header. How well did it mate up with the rest of your exhaust system etc?

Oh yeah, and if you think it sounds nice now, pop the baffle in and run like that for a month or so. That soots the interior up quicker. Take the baffle out after and it'll sound pure WRC.

God I miss that car :cry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:28 am 

Kool man, it's running perfect man! Don't seem to have lost any torque r anything nd it matchs up pretty good had a place do tracking nd I asked em what they thought nd said everything was fine bar it seems to rest slightly on the rear wishbone but he said won't make a huge difference nd it be alot of work to re weld being s/s

But I love it! Starting to settle in nicly now nd gettin a lovly grumble!! Really does sound great in the video! Have to say it really pulls from 3.5k revs up! Seriously well!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 am 

The midsection on mine rested on the rear subframe too, I tied it to a convenient bracket to stop it knocking + I didn't want to risk it wearing through the pipe.

So it mated up OK then? Good stuff :thumbup Just as long as the front-most part of the system is supported where the hanger for the OE pipe was. This is pretty important, stainless is a quite brittle material and you risk the midsection cracking from vibrations if not - the fact that it is bolted to the manifold isn't support enough. Stainless is easy enough to weld BTW, just need the right MIG/TIG setup. Most garages can do this and it'd take 1/2hr tops.

Unfortunately, video has it's own ideas about working on my laptop, GPRS wireless broadband out the the sticks like I am, so I'll take your word for it. If it's anything like mine was then :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 pm 

sounds even better mate! :P :drool :lol :fingers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 pm 

Mines up (which is riks old one) :b

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22211

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]