[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Poor Performance - Hyundai Coupe F2 Evo
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Poor Performance - Hyundai Coupe F2 Evo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:23 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:36 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen1

Post subject: Poor performance - hyundai coupe f2 evo
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:44 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:08 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:27 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:59 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:13 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:09 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:17 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:22 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

i always bow to riks superior knowledge

this is the man who kept a gen1 running with string,yoghurt pots,chewing gum,a skoda cat,a toffee apple and some fosters tins. :rollin :rollin
and it STILL looked and sounded good

check manifold and other things suggested then get back to us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:55 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:43 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:14 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

FOR GODS SAKE. Why do people keep posting this?

Can i please clear this up

THE OBX 4-2-1 IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS XS POWER. THE CAT YOU GET IS A BLOODY 2.5" UNIVERSAL JOBBY COSTING £100 FROM EBAY.

YOU STILL HAVE TO HAVE THIS WELDED IN JUST LIKE ANY OTHER 4-2-1.

If people are on a tight buget, and then find out they have to spend another £75 getting the system fitted, then they wont be happy. Especially if you told them its built in, obviously when you dont have one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:00 pm 

Post subject: 4-2-1 - ??
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:07 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

right - i'll check the manifold tomorrow - im really grateful for the suggestions. Ive got a fuel filter ordered for tomorrow too (£12 from a to z motor spares in wakefield. so we will see.

Could someone pls advise if this would fit mine [see link below] then ie i just buy this, nip it to the garage and say 'scuse me, could ya fit this for me?'

http://www.xs-power.co.uk/index.php?mai ... e52137f6c6

There is actually a whistle noise when im accelerating in 1st 2nd gear... i have a bad feeling that the whistle is from a crack! aargh .

Ta

Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:55 am 

I think it would be more of a blowing noise. Get someone to rev the car while you pop your head under the bonnet and have a listen near the manifold. Dont want ya spending all your pennies and not fixing the problem :mrgreen:

Oh and thats the right one anyway - you can also get the obx ones off of ebay here -[ebay]230392488470[/ebay]

Post subject: Blowing off
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I have had a good listen when i was trying to find the whistle but the whistle only whistles when im actually accelarating off, cant replicate from stand still. To my knowledge there is no blowing but will check tonight..i totally agree with the saving pennies.

The link appears to be for a 2003 onwards coupe, mine is a gen 1 1999 but at least i get the idea. So, excuse me for being dim but i take it the existing back box just fixes on to the new bit.

On a gen 3, to get to teh fuel filter you lift the back seats and go in via inspection plate.. is it same on the evo??

Cheers for that by the way Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:26 pm 

Post subject: Re: Blowing off
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:48 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:27 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject: Exhausts with a hint of hell
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:17 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Sweet jesus. Rik n Vik, joe, Androoo - Thanks for all that.

I think im going to become religious and pray that its not the cracked manifold. I was let down by the supplier for the fuel filter so will pick up on Friday. If its not hurricane strength winds and lashing rain, i will check the manifold tonight and actually take the cover off. I did pop my ear under the bonnet last night and i heard no evidence of a mani-fart.

If it is a crack then im gonna have to bite the bullet. Despite the fact its got a bit of rust coming through on the arches [from a bad spray job] and has a little dent on the rear driverside wing.. im totally in love with it. One thing I have noticed is that the wife and children [2 of] seem to be totally intent on filling it with crap regularly... they just dont get it - they are dabbling with my soul ;-)

I'll report back with any progress.

Thanks all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:20 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:59 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:17 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hi Pappa Golf - No, there isnt an engine light on.. i wish there was then at least i'd know that the computer has detected something isnt right. The plugs and leads have been changed and i didnt go for the cheapest either.. im a believer in "you get what you pay for" ;-) I do agree with you in part that its misfiring.. When i put my foot down it feels like its hitting a flat spot and decelerates. Its actually quite dangerous as it is soooo dead

Sharky - I'd love to take you up on the free diagnostic test but geographically you are a tad too far away and given the cars performance, i'd have to take 2 weeks off work to get there ..

I have finally got the fuel filter. now.. where the bloody hell does it go. I read in on here somewhere that its under an inspection panel under the rear seats but the rear seats seam to be super glued down.. i cant budge them. I only had a quick gander though... tonight i'll go in via the boot and look more closely.

If anyone knows for sure where the fuel filter is located on the F2 Evo, then that would make me smile. This is my last ditch attempt before the Hyundai dealer get their hands on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:02 pm 

Dunno about the filter but I can help with the seats.

If they are anything like the gen 1 I had, and it should be, you need to locate and undo 2 bolts that are partially hidden at the base of the backrests. Once this is done the arsepad lifts up and away, it's held in by spring clip thingies at the front...

Job done :thumbup

Post subject: Ching
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:05 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Rik'n'Vik - You are the man version of gold.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:24 pm 

:lol Nice one, a pleasure to help. They are a Cast Iron Ba$tard to get to, and consequently I never bothered refitting the bolts on mine - the thingies at the front seem to be upto the job of holding the pad stable ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:55 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:05 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:33 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject: Rainy Sunday Afternoon...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:53 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hi all, I finally got round to changing the fuel filter. I removed the back seats, stripped the lot, lifted the inspection panel, removed pipes and electrical plug, unscrewed that huge beer keg top thing and to my horror it wasnt there.. the fuel filter was no where to be seen. Sure enough, on the gen 3's its down there but on gen 1's its actually next to the bloody car battery...what a pain in the arm that was.. anyway, fitted a new filter and it made no difference even after resetting ecu again. Whats more is that outside b&q today i could smell fuel..it was squirting out of the top of the fuel filter[top pipe that goes in] - it seems that the little rubber washer attached to the tiny pipe that you push down and into the fuel filter had either shrunk or the filter was differenet. I remedied this for the time being with some plumbers PTF tape..works a treat.

there is no crack in the manifold either. Think im gonna roll over and accept defeat...ive pretty much tried everything that the layman can change.

this is what i tried so far: plugs, leads, air and oil filter, throttle position sensor, fuel filter.. that leaves lamda sensors, cat [though i dont think its that as it passed emissions fine], erm compression.. time for me to bow out and pay up £55 quid. If its something simple im going to die

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:09 am 

Post subject: Injectors and fuel rails..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:19 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject: Re: Injectors and fuel rails..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:29 pm 

Post subject: Re: Injectors and fuel rails..
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 pm 

Post subject: Injectors n turbos
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:11 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject: Worst fears come true!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:27 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:42 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:25 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

i'd feck them off m8 (nice to see another guy from wakefield where abouts? ) both garages at that.if you need i can get the cat + mani welded in for you for a minimal price. pm me if you want more info.

johny

Post subject: All i need now is the lube to ease my total shafting
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:09 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Ayup Johny,it is good to see someone close by, I live in upton, near ackworth/hemsworth. Tell me in more detail dude, do you mean you can get a cat and have it welded in for less than 400 squids... Now im interested and have 2 full days to swim around in the idea!..Spill the beans.....uber detail required..

The £400 is just for the cat + fitting from national tyres& exhausts in hemsworth

Rik n vik - Thanks for your help with this one.. the prob is, the car is near stalling as cat is so badly screwed so i need it done asap. [big sigh]

johny ; cod 5 fan too eh? i have 360 -- nick = Catsick soup

Last edited by Gunhappyhippy on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:35 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

well the option that I would suggest if you are running tight on cash, i dont know if this is the same as jonnie - but go to the scrappy, find a low mileage cat, with about the same dimensions as your old one.... take it, then get it fabbed where the old one used to be.

*edit* make sure it has the appropriate head shields if installing to manicat as it'll get well hot

Last edited by androo007 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: cats & robbers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:44 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Its that simple? Jesus christ. im rubbish at this!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:09 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject: oh god...!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:21 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:58 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next