[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Advice on V6
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
 Post subject: Advice on V6
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:42 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hi guys I hope you can give me some advice.

I'm looking into buying a V6 GEN 3, and would like your help

I have found one at a local garage which is wonderfull to drive, but a have a couple of concerns.

1) The grill under the front badge is silver on a black car. It also looks like a different mesh from what other coupes have!

I have a photo of the car if anyone could tell me how to attach it. Or if I could mail it to someone?

2) The bonnet is slighly out. at the front on the drivers side. I.E the bonnet shuts fine, but the gap between it and the wing gets slightly bigger on the way down. (and slighly smaller on the way down on the passenger side)

The dealer claims that the bonnet just needs some adjustments. Is this true? Or do you think it may have had a knock? I could find no damage on the wings or inside the engine bay.

This car is Aug 2002 so is not covered by Hyundais warrenty.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:00 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Never seen a silver grill on a standard car and build quality body wise is excellent especially as regards join lines and fit. Could be the previous owner had and aftermarket bonnet which he kept and he didnt make a very neat job of putting right or previous bonnet was damaged but plenty more (straight) fish in the sea if youre concerned. If you still fancy it ,use the grill and poor fit to get a LOT knocked off unless it's already a bargain. Personal choice would be a different gen3. Listen also for rattles and bumps, some cars suffer, I was lucky and found a quiet one. Plenty out there. Lovverlee car.

Glynn

p.s. photobucket .com. will host pics for free. Submit pic and left click [img] then right click and copy. Start post and right click and paste. Self explanatory once you're there. Make pics less than 800x600 ( edit/ size / 50% in photobucket).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:44 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

My advice would be if you have any doubts, WALK AWAY - quite a few very tidy ones around & some good deals too, especially on the V6 (shouldn't pay much more than a 2.0se). If you're looking for a 2002 would go for one registered after September & have the benefit of the extra Manufacturers warranty (make sure the service history book is all stamped up !!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:37 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Thanks for the help

You can see a photo at:

http://www.chattendencarcentre.co.uk/Ge ... 9&pageid=1

You can just make out the grill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:44 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

one of the regulars has that grill kit.
The price on the screen is a bit steep. I got the same model( and color) for 10,699 with 9,700 miles on the clock and an 03 plate, as I said with no rattles or bumps and like new except it had been washed in a drive through and has some swirling. That was from a large dealership. Same gearbox too. If you drove the car and it was nice, the history is there and the other price is right i.e.7,995 I would consider it too. Try to find why the bonnet is out of line, show an interest, make sure it's HPI clear, get some warranty. Fabulous car to drive. Some people will buy a standard car and pay for that grill fitting so what I said about not standard doesnt necessarily matter. Once the bonnets up you can look around the front of the engine bay to see if it's been repaired. Sometimes it's possible to see the history and get previous owners details, if so ring them, they've no reason to hide anything now the cars sold. Good hunting..I love mine.

Glynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:46 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I would walk away from it. Might have been front ended....might not have been. Any doubt in your mind?.....leave it.

As previously mentioned, there are plenty around with the full 5 year warranty, so hunt one of them down, even if it means travelling further afield.

Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:40 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject: Going back Saturday
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:38 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I will be going for another look Saturday.

I just called the dealer and asked him to try and adjust the bonnet before I turn up.

If it just needs an adjustment then I might be buying.

I could find no other problems with the car on my first test drive.

I will be running an HPI check before I buy.

Albert where have you seen a 02 for 7500 on auto trader? I can't find anything for that money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:49 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

I just logged in and put a national search for Hyundai Couipe V6 up to 5 years old and up to £8k there's even a 03 model for £8k if you extend your search up to £10k you will
get the 03 and 04 models.

Here you go:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/ca ... ull=SEARCH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:58 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

which brings us back to doh! see link above from Albert.

Its a small world and the middle car is the one that V6fan started the thread with!

Is this the record holder for widest thread?
Glynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:04 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Oh yeah, well spotted Glynn. A bit of a drop in price from the screen price though. £11k down to £8k seems about right now. I think it was the £11k price tag on the original pic that threw me.

I did try to shrink the link (I'm a poet) but then it wouldn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:20 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

That price is for an auto which is normally approx £1000 more expensive. Checks def. needed but when I saw the price I was more interested, however if price is not a main factor dont close your eyes to any others out there...sorry..not my biz. I would just refer back to earlier suggestions I made about HPI, bonnet open inspection, and can you get previous owner details. An AA check will definitely be worthwhile and offset by the reasonable price which may even go lower.

Glynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:54 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I'm gonna try and keep up with Glynn and write a sentence that's going to stretch the full width of the screen without even pausing or taking a breath in acheiving this almost unachievable, yet highly desirable and mind expanding, not to mention, inspiring goal!

Did I make it?

A little off topic? I'd better remedy this by asking something pertinent!

I thought that the 5 year warranty applied to all Gen 3's and not just the ones from Sept '02. If this one doesn't have the warranty I would really struggle to recommend you buy it. A bit of shopping around and perhaps a few quid more could get you 1 - 2 years free warranty! No brainer...

Jimmy

Edit: Just reviewed my post and I failed! Damn....just two or three more words....NEXT TIME!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:33 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

To qualify for 5yrs warranty the car had to be registered on or after 1st September 2002, if its before this it has no manufacturers warranty left

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:13 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:15 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:42 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:32 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Last edited by geesmith on Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:39 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:26 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:08 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:45 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:20 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]