[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3
Hi,
I have seen loads of people on here rebadging their cars as 'Tuscani' or 'Tiburon'..
Just wanted to know the ethos behind it, as I thought that they were all Hyundai Coupe's
in this country...?
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

basically it all boils down to taste.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:34 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

iirc, it's called Tiburon in US, Tuscani in South Korea..

I doubt that the "not a coupe" argument (which is c*ck based on someone over-reading a dictionary and creating technicalities out of it) is the reason why anyone thinks they must rebadge.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:47 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

So basically is the only reason people rebadge is because they don't want their car to be associated with Hyundai?
''Die hard'' coupe fans as it were?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I don't want to sound pedantic but... they all came out of the factory badged as Hyundai Tiburon. The Gen 1 was just called Tiburon, the Gen 2 was Tiburon Turbulence and the Gen 3 was Tiburon Tuscani. I've got photos from my time spent working for Hyundai of post production Gen 3's badged as coupe and Tuscani in the factory in Korea.
Individual importers re-badged them as and when they felt it necessary.

Uk owners, as far as I can make out, put the Tuscani logos on to give their cars a touch of individuality.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:54 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I don't mind - I tell people it's a Hyundai when they ask. But noone knows what it is (if they aren't in the know) so stop, look, ask etc.

Basically I like that noone knows and that it's different

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:55 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

no, it's not always because of personal issues with the "brand"

some people just like the Tuscani logo,
other's like the mystery element of it, as Tuscani is an unknown brand,
others just want to be "KDM" like honda being "JDM" and taking it back to it's roots,

some do it because "that's what all the cool kids are doing"
some prefer circles to ovals
some like glittery badges
some are fond of the letter T (because testicles starts with it)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
you have to admit... "Coupe" is a bit boring, they didn't even bother giving it a name!

When my dad had his gen2 and I was still in school (back in the day... :lol ...ok, not that long ago but still...) my m8 said "your dad's car is nice, what is it?" and when I said "Hyundai Coupe" he said "Coupe isn't a model!..."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:33 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
I re-badged mine to Tiburon because I prefer Tiburon to Coupe, simple as ... the hyundai assosciation doesn't bother me in the slighest as badges don't mean anything anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:26 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

...and I keep mine a Hyundai because I think the Tuscani badge looks like a mask from some sort of weird warhammer character, and I prefer the slightly tacky plastic-chrome drunken H!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:44 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

The Coupe is basically a coupe... the technicalitites of it being hatchback or whatever is fine with some, but just look at the car, it's a coupe to me. It has 3 doors, sits low and looks mean, doesn't mean a Ferrari is a hatchback. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
i love the tuscani badges.tuscani sounds italian and brings to mind fantastic sports cars.people dont know what it is some think its a tvr others think its some rare italian make or even a japanese supercar.i love their faces when i say.......its a hyundai.and im not ashamed.if you look at the engine cover its says quite clearly "powered by hyundai and WWW.hyundaicoupe.info"
people are amazed that hyundai makes such cars and although i dont have badge snobbery i got sick of people saying........."god thats a nice looking honda"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:16 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I've had that Honda mistake said once... today... I mean what *ucking Honda does the Coupe look like? :bang

Amateurs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:19 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i have tuscani, maily cos i wanted illuminated door sills and could only find Tuscani ones. Now that i switched over its great cos ppl look twice and say "hey wat are those badges they dont like a H"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:38 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

I just think the Tuscani badges are cool, nothin against the Hyundai brand tho.

Plus I never get bored of people asking me what car it is?

My friends girlfriend drives a black Gen3.5 and she once asked me what kinda car is mine?
All I could say was "Same as yours, love."

I nearly p*ssed myself

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:43 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:15 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:41 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:14 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:18 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:28 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:38 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I meant on this site, and tbh, it is only people on this site whom are bothered about what it is badged as, so on this site, the hyundai coupe is rarer then the tuscani

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:13 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Looking at the gen2 front end and Kias from the same time, its not hard to see where that design came from, so maybe a gen2 can be badged as a Kia for individuality.

When I had my car badged as a Hyundai Coupe peole said to me it would be a nice car if it weren't a Hyundai, now people ask me what it is, and then ask me if I knew Hyundai made a cheap copy of my Tuscani!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:48 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

people say to me about mine that it is a nice car and it is "mint" and such things, but the only problem is that it is a Hyundai, I don't beleive anymore that badges mean anything ... so, i shall keep my Hyundai badge.

in the future however, if I do find myself deciding to get a Gen 3.5 V6, which is all I would move on too but I highly doubt it atm ... it would remain a Hyundai Coupe but the 2.7 Elisa would be removed and replaced with the GT emblem, end of the day it sounds better to me, and would definately be my preference :thumbup (not a chance it is going Tuscani)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Well I'm just going to badge mine as a Nissan then, and paint it mauve. :rollin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:12 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:46 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:12 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

i whipped off the 's' and the 'hyundai coupe' badges the first week i got it. im looking at a complete de-badge because a) ive seen the tuscani logo, and it's just not for me, and b) ive hardly seen any without any badges at all. but like you say paul i gave the tuscani badging a good think over purely because of the door sills :lol but decided against it!
gotta love some of the motors that have had the full tuscani makeover, they look really good.
Thanks for comments at least i understand the whole thing a bit better now! :thumbup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:25 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

scout I have two round tuscani badges if you want them?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:40 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:22 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:40 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Excuse my ignorance but i just want to see if i understand this, cause its confusing me more and more.

Hyundai Coupe = Hyundai Tiburon (in america, austrian, etc)

Tuscani = Another name adopted for Tiburon ? i.e coupe ?

Thats my understanding anyway? please correct me if im wrong.... :shrug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Nearly...

The gen 1 is the Coupe/RD/SX/Tiburon
The gen 2 is the Coupe/RD2/FX/Turbulance
The gen 3 is the Coupe/GK/Tuscani

I think, anyways...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:06 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

yeah thats what i was thinkin cheers guys....

i just confused me as to why there is "tuscani" badges... as in why the model of the car had a seperate badge on the front. Cant say i've ever seen that doen before. which is where the confusion came from.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:14 pm 

Last edited by Rik'n'Vik on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:15 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

post first think later.. sheesh kids these days.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 pm 

:rollin

Whatever...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:06 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Gen 1 Tiburon, Tuscani, Gen 3.5 American Tiburon badges rare, FX, S, gen 2 Elisa, Gen 3 2.7 V6, Tuscani, Australia, South Korea, Lantra, Turbulece, Coupe, blah blah blah blah!

Will you all just shut up! I'm getting a headache reading this! :confused :b

There are Gen 3s that say FX on them as standard, I think it's all geographical... check out wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Tiburon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:25 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]