The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:54 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:26 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Rushden, Northants, UK
Coupe: gen3
Hi,
I have seen loads of people on here rebadging their cars as 'Tuscani' or 'Tiburon'..
Just wanted to know the ethos behind it, as I thought that they were all Hyundai Coupe's
in this country...?
Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:22 pm 
Offline
Red-lining
Red-lining
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 10:20 pm
Posts: 2655
Location: Sunderland
Coupe: gen3
basically it all boils down to taste.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:24 pm 
Offline
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:22 pm
Posts: 952
Location: West Wales
Coupe: gen3
Klaptout wrote:
Hi,
I have seen loads of people on here rebadging their cars as 'Tuscani' or 'Tiburon'..
Just wanted to know the ethos behind it, as I thought that they were all Hyundai Coupe's
in this country...?
Thanks


Its called a tuscani in the US and Korea, uk/europe gets coupe, as "tuscani" was already registered as a name or some pointless rubbish like that. Its also because its not a coupe, its a hatchback.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:34 pm 
Offline
Red-lining
Red-lining
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 10:20 pm
Posts: 2655
Location: Sunderland
Coupe: gen3
iirc, it's called Tiburon in US, Tuscani in South Korea..

I doubt that the "not a coupe" argument (which is c*ck based on someone over-reading a dictionary and creating technicalities out of it) is the reason why anyone thinks they must rebadge.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:47 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:26 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Rushden, Northants, UK
Coupe: gen3
So basically is the only reason people rebadge is because they don't want their car to be associated with Hyundai?
''Die hard'' coupe fans as it were?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:52 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:57 am
Posts: 233
Location: United Kingdom - Birmingham
Coupe: gen3
I don't want to sound pedantic but... they all came out of the factory badged as Hyundai Tiburon. The Gen 1 was just called Tiburon, the Gen 2 was Tiburon Turbulence and the Gen 3 was Tiburon Tuscani. I've got photos from my time spent working for Hyundai of post production Gen 3's badged as coupe and Tuscani in the factory in Korea.
Individual importers re-badged them as and when they felt it necessary.

Uk owners, as far as I can make out, put the Tuscani logos on to give their cars a touch of individuality.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:54 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 pm
Posts: 323
Location: Ringwood, Hants
Coupe: gen3
I don't mind - I tell people it's a Hyundai when they ask. But noone knows what it is (if they aren't in the know) so stop, look, ask etc.

Basically I like that noone knows and that it's different


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:55 pm 
Offline
Red-lining
Red-lining
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 10:20 pm
Posts: 2655
Location: Sunderland
Coupe: gen3
no, it's not always because of personal issues with the "brand"

some people just like the Tuscani logo,
other's like the mystery element of it, as Tuscani is an unknown brand,
others just want to be "KDM" like honda being "JDM" and taking it back to it's roots,

some do it because "that's what all the cool kids are doing"
some prefer circles to ovals
some like glittery badges
some are fond of the letter T (because testicles starts with it)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:08 pm
Posts: 323
Location: Ringwood, Hants
Coupe: gen3
LiDL wrote:
some do it because "that's what all the cool kids are doing"
some prefer circles to ovals
some like glittery badges
some are fond of the letter T (because testicles starts with it)


Haha Brilliant!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:56 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm
Posts: 408
Location: Gloucestershire
Coupe: gen3.5
you have to admit... "Coupe" is a bit boring, they didn't even bother giving it a name!

When my dad had his gen2 and I was still in school (back in the day... :lol ...ok, not that long ago but still...) my m8 said "your dad's car is nice, what is it?" and when I said "Hyundai Coupe" he said "Coupe isn't a model!..."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:33 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Posts: 364
Coupe: gen2
I re-badged mine to Tiburon because I prefer Tiburon to Coupe, simple as ... the hyundai assosciation doesn't bother me in the slighest as badges don't mean anything anymore.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:26 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:06 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Wolverhampton
Coupe: gen3
...and I keep mine a Hyundai because I think the Tuscani badge looks like a mask from some sort of weird warhammer character, and I prefer the slightly tacky plastic-chrome drunken H!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:44 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:03 am
Posts: 64
Location: Kilmarnock, Scotland
Coupe: gen3.5
The Coupe is basically a coupe... the technicalitites of it being hatchback or whatever is fine with some, but just look at the car, it's a coupe to me. It has 3 doors, sits low and looks mean, doesn't mean a Ferrari is a hatchback. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 pm 
Offline
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:09 pm
Posts: 8970
Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
i love the tuscani badges.tuscani sounds italian and brings to mind fantastic sports cars.people dont know what it is some think its a tvr others think its some rare italian make or even a japanese supercar.i love their faces when i say.......its a hyundai.and im not ashamed.if you look at the engine cover its says quite clearly "powered by hyundai and WWW.hyundaicoupe.info"
people are amazed that hyundai makes such cars and although i dont have badge snobbery i got sick of people saying........."god thats a nice looking honda"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:16 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:03 am
Posts: 64
Location: Kilmarnock, Scotland
Coupe: gen3.5
I've had that Honda mistake said once... today... I mean what *ucking Honda does the Coupe look like? :bang

Amateurs!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:19 pm 
Offline
Red-lining
Red-lining

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 3170
Location: Ireland
i have tuscani, maily cos i wanted illuminated door sills and could only find Tuscani ones. Now that i switched over its great cos ppl look twice and say "hey wat are those badges they dont like a H"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:38 am 
Offline
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:59 pm
Posts: 1566
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Coupe: gen3
I just think the Tuscani badges are cool, nothin against the Hyundai brand tho.

Plus I never get bored of people asking me what car it is?

My friends girlfriend drives a black Gen3.5 and she once asked me what kinda car is mine?
All I could say was "Same as yours, love."

I nearly p*ssed myself

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:43 am 
Offline
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:22 pm
Posts: 952
Location: West Wales
Coupe: gen3
sharky wrote:
I've got photos from my time spent working for Hyundai of post production.


Would you mind posting those here sometime? quite interested to see.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:15 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Staffordshire
Coupe: gen3
sharky wrote:
...Uk owners, as far as I can make out, put the Tuscani logos on to give their cars a touch of individuality.

Precisely the reason I'm considering doing mine :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:17 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 10971
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks
Coupe: gen3
SPeedY_B wrote:
sharky wrote:
...Uk owners, as far as I can make out, put the Tuscani logos on to give their cars a touch of individuality.

Precisely the reason I'm considering doing mine :)



We are proving our individuality by making them the same :b


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:41 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Staffordshire
Coupe: gen3
100scout wrote:
SPeedY_B wrote:
sharky wrote:
...Uk owners, as far as I can make out, put the Tuscani logos on to give their cars a touch of individuality.

Precisely the reason I'm considering doing mine :)



We are proving our individuality by making them the same :b
Exactly!! Just like goth/emo kids!

In all seriousness though, whilst a majority of the members here may have swapped their badges, I still see many many Coupé's every day/week and none of them probably even have concept of what a Tiburon or Tuscani are. Therefore standing out from them is more important than standing out from anyone here :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 10971
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks
Coupe: gen3
SPeedY_B wrote:
100scout wrote:

We are proving our individuality by making them the same :b
Exactly!! Just like goth/emo kids!

In all seriousness though, whilst a majority of the members here may have swapped their badges, I still see many many Coupé's every day/week and none of them probably even have concept of what a Tiburon or Tuscani are. Therefore standing out from them is more important than standing out from anyone here :)


It's almost a 'club' badge as most of the TUSCANI badged cars are owned by Site/Club members


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:18 am 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Posts: 364
Coupe: gen2
sharky wrote:
...Uk owners, as far as I can make out, put the Tuscani logos on to give their cars a touch of individuality.



i agree with scout, your car is more individual as a hyundai coupe then a tuscani as the first mod anyone does is to re-badge the car


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:28 am 
Offline
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:09 pm
Posts: 8970
Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
Hig wrote:
sharky wrote:
...Uk owners, as far as I can make out, put the Tuscani logos on to give their cars a touch of individuality.



i agree with scout, your car is more individual as a hyundai coupe then a tuscani as the first mod anyone does is to re-badge the car


how can your car be more individual as a hyundai coupe? there are millions of them out there!!! everyone knows of hyundai whether they are biased against it or not but there are only a couple of hundred tuscani's out there :shrug
:confused


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:38 am 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Posts: 364
Coupe: gen2
I meant on this site, and tbh, it is only people on this site whom are bothered about what it is badged as, so on this site, the hyundai coupe is rarer then the tuscani


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:13 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm
Posts: 280
Location: Lowestoft
Looking at the gen2 front end and Kias from the same time, its not hard to see where that design came from, so maybe a gen2 can be badged as a Kia for individuality.

When I had my car badged as a Hyundai Coupe peole said to me it would be a nice car if it weren't a Hyundai, now people ask me what it is, and then ask me if I knew Hyundai made a cheap copy of my Tuscani!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:48 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Posts: 364
Coupe: gen2
people say to me about mine that it is a nice car and it is "mint" and such things, but the only problem is that it is a Hyundai, I don't beleive anymore that badges mean anything ... so, i shall keep my Hyundai badge.

in the future however, if I do find myself deciding to get a Gen 3.5 V6, which is all I would move on too but I highly doubt it atm ... it would remain a Hyundai Coupe but the 2.7 Elisa would be removed and replaced with the GT emblem, end of the day it sounds better to me, and would definately be my preference :thumbup (not a chance it is going Tuscani)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:57 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 pm
Posts: 162
Location: Staffordshire
Coupe: gen3
Well I'm just going to badge mine as a Nissan then, and paint it mauve. :rollin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 10971
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks
Coupe: gen3
A few problems with some of your statements, nothing major just a few corrections ;)

Hig wrote:
in the future however, if I do find myself deciding to get a Gen 3.5 V6, which is all I would move on too but I highly doubt it atm ... it would remain a Hyundai Coupe but the 2.7 Elisa would be removed and replaced with the GT emblem, end of the day it sounds better to me, and would definately be my preference :thumbup (not a chance it is going Tuscani)


The 2.7 Elisa badge is not standard on the Coupe. It has Hyundai coupe on one side and V6 on the other. The 2.7 Elisa goes with the Tuscani

Hig wrote:
i agree with scout, your car is more individual as a hyundai coupe then a tuscani as the first mod anyone does is to re-badge the car


I never said that the car was more indevidual as a Hyundai, in fact I am gathering the badges together to change mine to Tuscani as I like the round two tone badge. What I said was that people (and you see this in teenagers all the time) want to be different so change the look en-mass to something else.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:46 pm 
Offline
Red-lining
Red-lining

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:41 pm
Posts: 3170
Location: Ireland
Hig wrote:
people say to me about mine that it is a nice car and it is "mint" and such things, but the only problem is that it is a Hyundai, I don't beleive anymore that badges mean anything ... so, i shall keep my Hyundai badge.

in the future however, if I do find myself deciding to get a Gen 3.5 V6, which is all I would move on too but I highly doubt it atm ... it would remain a Hyundai Coupe but the 2.7 Elisa would be removed and replaced with the GT emblem, end of the day it sounds better to me, and would definately be my preference :thumbup (not a chance it is going Tuscani)



And the GT emblem looks naff. I bought it to replace the S on the back of mine and didnt bother cos it looked terrible! I like the S tho cos most Coupes here are FX so the S is nice


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:12 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:26 pm
Posts: 61
Location: Rushden, Northants, UK
Coupe: gen3
i whipped off the 's' and the 'hyundai coupe' badges the first week i got it. im looking at a complete de-badge because a) ive seen the tuscani logo, and it's just not for me, and b) ive hardly seen any without any badges at all. but like you say paul i gave the tuscani badging a good think over purely because of the door sills :lol but decided against it!
gotta love some of the motors that have had the full tuscani makeover, they look really good.
Thanks for comments at least i understand the whole thing a bit better now! :thumbup


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:25 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Posts: 364
Coupe: gen2
scout I have two round tuscani badges if you want them?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:40 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 10971
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks
Coupe: gen3
Hig wrote:
scout I have two round tuscani badges if you want them?



Thanks, I have the ones for the front and back, just sourcing the wheel centres now (and waiting for the nicer weather to turn up) before doing the makeover ;) . All the other badges will be coming off however I am not very good at bodywork so removing the front and back badges and leaving them will be a no go as I don't have the resources at the moment to pay someone else either :\


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:22 am 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:54 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Dudley - West Midlands
Coupe: gen3.5
Hig wrote:
scout I have two round tuscani badges if you want them?


Due to my 3.5 recently making friends with a wall, im gonna need to replace mine, if yours are going spare?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:40 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:52 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Coupe: gen3.5
Excuse my ignorance but i just want to see if i understand this, cause its confusing me more and more.

Hyundai Coupe = Hyundai Tiburon (in america, austrian, etc)

Tuscani = Another name adopted for Tiburon ? i.e coupe ?

Thats my understanding anyway? please correct me if im wrong.... :shrug


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:59 pm 
Offline
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:06 pm
Posts: 4148
Location: West Norfolk
Nearly...

The gen 1 is the Coupe/RD/SX/Tiburon
The gen 2 is the Coupe/RD2/FX/Turbulance
The gen 3 is the Coupe/GK/Tuscani

I think, anyways...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:06 pm 
Offline
Red-lining
Red-lining
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 10:20 pm
Posts: 2655
Location: Sunderland
Coupe: gen3
sharky wrote:
I don't want to sound pedantic but... they all came out of the factory badged as Hyundai Tiburon. The Gen 1 was just called Tiburon, the Gen 2 was Tiburon Turbulence and the Gen 3 was Tiburon Tuscani. I've got photos from my time spent working for Hyundai of post production Gen 3's badged as coupe and Tuscani in the factory in Korea.
Individual importers re-badged them as and when they felt it necessary.

Uk owners, as far as I can make out, put the Tuscani logos on to give their cars a touch of individuality.


answer from the guy in the know was up there ^^


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:52 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Coupe: gen3.5
yeah thats what i was thinkin cheers guys....

i just confused me as to why there is "tuscani" badges... as in why the model of the car had a seperate badge on the front. Cant say i've ever seen that doen before. which is where the confusion came from.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:14 pm 
Offline
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:06 pm
Posts: 4148
Location: West Norfolk
LiDL wrote:
answer from the guy in the know was up there ^^

Oh yeah, so it was - couldn't be bothered to read it all...
Rossco3487 wrote:
i just confused me as to why there is "tuscani" badges... as in why the model of the car had a seperate badge on the front...

You can get Tiburon badges too (look like the Tuscani ones) but they are damned rare. I've only ever seen them on Jack's (selondontiburon) old Coupe...


Last edited by Rik'n'Vik on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:15 pm 
Offline
Red-lining
Red-lining
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 10:20 pm
Posts: 2655
Location: Sunderland
Coupe: gen3
post first think later.. sheesh kids these days.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 pm 
Offline
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:06 pm
Posts: 4148
Location: West Norfolk
:rollin

Whatever...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm
Posts: 280
Location: Lowestoft
Rik'n'Vik wrote:
Nearly...

The gen 1 is the Coupe/RD/SX/Tiburon
The gen 2 is the Coupe/RD2/FX/Turbulance
The gen 3 is the Coupe/GK/Tuscani

I think, anyways...


I thought Gen1 (and Lantra) were the Tiburons
Gen2 the Tiburon Turbulence
Gen3 the Tiburon (1.6 and 2.0) and Elisa (V6)
Ain't Tuscani the brand, Hyundai/Tuscani are like Vauxhall/Opel


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:06 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:52 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Coupe: gen3.5
Eggcatcher wrote:
Ain't Tuscani the brand, Hyundai/Tuscani are like Vauxhall/Opel

thats what i thought first of all, but appears not...

how damn confusing can it be ! :rollin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm 
Offline
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:54 pm
Posts: 280
Location: Lowestoft
Rik'n'Vik wrote:
You can get Tiburon badges too (look like the Tuscani ones) but they are damned rare. I've only ever seen them on Jack's (selondontiburon) old Coupe...


I got them, you mean the ones where the word is made to look like a Shark?
There's plenty available from Sharkracing or Seoulful racing (or a seller called Koreancarstyling on ebay)
Also seen Turbulence ones on Shark racing.
Also on midnight wolfs engine bay badges (the ones used to T-Badge Gen1s) I had an option of an oval Tiburon badge.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm 
Offline
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:03 am
Posts: 64
Location: Kilmarnock, Scotland
Coupe: gen3.5
Gen 1 Tiburon, Tuscani, Gen 3.5 American Tiburon badges rare, FX, S, gen 2 Elisa, Gen 3 2.7 V6, Tuscani, Australia, South Korea, Lantra, Turbulece, Coupe, blah blah blah blah!

Will you all just shut up! I'm getting a headache reading this! :confused :b

There are Gen 3s that say FX on them as standard, I think it's all geographical... check out wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Tiburon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Why Tuscani/Tiburon badge?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:25 am 
Offline
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:06 pm
Posts: 4148
Location: West Norfolk
Eggcatcher wrote:
Rik'n'Vik wrote:
You can get Tiburon badges too (look like the Tuscani ones) but they are damned rare. I've only ever seen them on Jack's (selondontiburon) old Coupe...

I got them, you mean the ones where the word is made to look like a Shark?

No. Those are not the ones I mean.

They look the same as the round TUSCANI ones, but have TIBURON written on instead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  

The UK Hyundai Coupe Site is not responsible for the accuracy of information contained with the Site or Forum • The views expressed on this forum are those of the individual poster, ukHCS does not take any responsibility for topic content. • Any companies advertising on or selling through the Site and Forums are in no way endorsed by or affiliated with ukHCS. Transactions undertaken with these companies is done so at the risk of the individual. • ukHCS is an independant website and forum, run, owned and designed by Xorro • ukHCS is not associated with Hyundai, their parent companies or any other car manufacturer • All ads displayed on this site are sorted and maintained by a third party and are not endorsed by ukHCS.