[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Sainsbury's!
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sainsbury's!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:45 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3
I'm now officially never parking at sainsbury's again!

Pulled into a parking space, which wierdly had a bin next to it, and from my angle i had plenty of space, dint need to worry about the bin.

Oops the bin wasn't closed and it latched onto my passanger side door and dragged down to the wheel arch! :aargh

Thanks sainsbury's for my pin stripped coupe, i complained obviously as the bin shoulda been closed and locked, and what response did i get?

Claim on your insurance!!!!

in this day and age where saving money is everything, am i really going to loose my no claims for summat thats sainsburys fault, just a bit of dollar for scratch remover woulda been nice! :aargh

anyways rant over

Post subject: Re: Sainsbury's!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:01 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
speak to your local citizens advice first mate, they will be more knowledgeable on the subject and you can probably claim through the small claims court without using your car insurance

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:02 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
supermarkets only like you when your spending your dosh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:10 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

whats really annoying is i put loadsa money in to that shop, i buy like 5 chicken burgers off the hot counter EVERYDAY! An they fobbed me off like that! seriously tho, try the chicken burgers with mayo, mmmmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:46 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Gutting. I honestly think it's not worth trying to get someone else to cough up for car damage these days, no matter whose fault it is, and insurance isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

In the local ASDA car park, I recently saw a fella in a Vectra swerve straight into the side of a parked MG TF, just after we'd parked the other side of it. Shock and relief at the same time.

My doors have a small collection of those really irritating dings that aren't worth paying to have fixed, but also you can't help but look at every time once you've spotted them. :\

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:12 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Luckaly mines silver so its only noticable if your close by or deliberatly lookin for it, its yet more damage to add to my list of dents and scratches to remove

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:17 am 

Coupe: SIII
go back there and stand your ground with it. they will give in. just say how much you shop there, take recipts if you can and state you will stop all shopping there and go to tesco's as they treat their customers properly(make sure you say tescos) Speak to the store manager, if he won't do anythin write to Justin King complaining, explaining what happened. you'll get there just got to stay with it.

good luck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:35 pm 

I must be confused... it sounds like you drove into one of their bins and you want them to pay up? :confused

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:39 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

That sucks.....Don't give up, write to head office. Infact write to the MD... Include as many pics as possible. Give names and date. Keep copies of what you send..

If they don't reply in 3 weeks, write again, include copies of everything you have previously sent, but this time send a cc to the marketing department..

You never know you might be suprised..

Goodluck buddy :thumbup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 pm 

Coupe: gen1
i dont think youve got any chance of them paying up there will be a sign somewhere saying you use the car park at your own risk and any way you drove into the bin the bin didnt jump out in front of you!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:03 pm 

:yeahthat I would never park next to a bin, scabby old sheds, trolly parks etc. But that doesn't protect you.
And some git still reversed into my car at a supermarket comfort parking.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:47 pm 

the broke alot of health and safety laws leaving an open movable waste bin in a public area, probably without the brake on aswell.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:52 pm 

Oh come on - surely there comes a point where we've got to be responsible for our own actions?

The OP drove into a rubbish bin, which they'd seen prior to attempting to park next to it. Either I'm not reading something between the lines that you are or this is a classic case of wanting to blame anyone but ourselves! ;) If the bin rolled over and hit the car on its own accord (gust of wind etc) then fine, I can see the issue, but the OP didn't mention anything of the sort.

(Incidentally, can you cite which H&S laws you're referring to?)

Mathew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:37 pm 

yeah there is a fair point, and i agree with you. I have a personal 'thing' with them.

I can't cite the exact laws but i can remember they have to do with the control and containment of animal pests, hazardous waste, and securing large/heavy items.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:52 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Thanks for peoples replys, but im not a bad driver, i dont hit summat and think oh no that bin jumped out at me.
the way it happened was i pulled in nice and steady making sure not to hit the car to my right while watching my mirror to the left to make sure i had clearance, the bin was one of the scabby little public ones that have a door that opens to access them, from my mirror it appeared there was loads of clearance so i edged forward, the lower part of the bin wasn't in my mirror meaning i didnt notice the door bit wasnt entirely shut, meaning i didnt have the clearance i thought thus scratching the car.

to be honest i dont want compensation or vouchers or whatever they give out, what i want is for the bins to be either moved or properly closed, why a bin si so close to a parking space i dont know!?

All i got from sainsburys is you have to treat it like a normal public car park and claim on your insurance, sorry for your incident.

hopefully this clears things up for you guys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:02 pm 

oh right i got the wrong end of the stick then :P for some reason i pictured a big rectangular wheelie kinda bin my bad

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]