[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Genesis Coupe RHD September 2010
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: Genesis Coupe RHD September 2010
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:44 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArtic ... rs/245286/ :drool

Post subject: Re: Genesis Coupe RHD September 2010
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:10 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:49 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i would imagine the two would arrive, the V6 being rare. Highly doubtful Hyundai Ireland will bring this in so could be making another trip over to bring home a car!delighted they are doing this tho, since i was in one in Vegas I wanted one so bad!!! fair play Hyundai!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:20 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I'll try to reserve full judgement until I've physically seen one, or even driven one, but from photo's, I'm really not a fan of that front end.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:16 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

^^As above. Not gonna get excited about a car I've only seen in pics. Anyway, I can only imagine the cost of bringing one over to Ireland.
Vehicule Registration TAX!!!!
Import TAX!!!!
Style TAX!!!!
Oooh....What kinda fancy car is that, TAX!!!!

...And any other way the Irish Government can line their pockets :bang :bang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:20 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:06 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
im looking forward to this.was gonna get siii next but............

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:09 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:43 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:32 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
even if they don't come here, as long as they go to Japan we should be able to import them :p

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i read on the paper that Hyundai are pulling out of the passanger car market in Japan, prob v tough competition from domestic manufacturers

Last edited by paul896 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:29 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Yeah I read this news a few weeks ago and I was surprised that it didn't appear earlier on here. I'm hoping the 2 litre turbo will come to the UK as thats what I will probably buy. It has similar performance specs to the Mazda RX8 with a sub 7 sec 0-60 time. I think the top speed was around 140mph which is a little lower than the RX 8. The 3.6 litre has a below 6 second 0-60 which is similar to the Nissan 370Z. I like the look of it and am definetly waiting now before I change my current Coupe to see what the Genesis will be like. I would like white with anthracite wheels! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:59 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
i worry about the uk.we seem to be embracing this climate change thing far more than many other countrys and seem to be aiming for all small cars on the road.........so a car like a 2 litre turbo goes against the government grain never mind a 3.8! after hyundai did away with v6 on siii i think that was the end of anything big coming here in the future cars other than people carriers and 4 x 4.
watch for baby range rovers next thats when we are in serious trouble

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:16 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i saw the LRX concept in London. I hope they make it, its a fine looking car. And since they arent owned by Ford anymore the electric mirror switch, over head lights and a few other bits and bobs wont be shared with my 00 Fiesta!!!

was it here on somehwere on the Net i read rumours of a 1.8T for the Genesis Coupe in Europe??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:20 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

i was in america a few weeks ago, seen a couple out there on the roads

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:50 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Well, for once I am relieved that I was wrong :D

We'll have 2 Coupe's to choose from in 2011... mmmmm :drool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:47 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:29 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:29 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

ahha the RR Sport looks nothing like the Stormer!!!loved the orange colour on the Stormer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:09 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

More depressingly I've had a poke around the Land Rover site. The LRX Concept tab now claims it's the basis of the new Range Rover.

Dammit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

haha i was hoping for a sub Freelander sports coupe 4x4 thing!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:51 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Looks like the smaller Coupe is well on the way:
http://www.carsuk.net/hyundai-veloster- ... upe-spied/

I like the probable choice of engines :thumbup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:36 pm 

am I the only one who didn't like the Velostar concept?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I liked the Veloster, the front end particularly. The back needs some changes though. I also like the idea. Slightly smaller, lighter, should be cheaper to run and good fun to drive.

Obviously we will have to wait and see what it finally looks like, but Hyundai won't want to drop the ball on the Coupes. They haven't up to now, so I am thinking positive.

I'm looking at the Veloster as a potential SIII replacement, I'd love it to be cheaper to run, and with a 1.6 turbo, emissions and economy will both be better, giving better performance into the bargain. If they start it at about £16k they'll have a winner!

The Genesis would be great, I'd love one as it's RWD, but I suspect it will be more expensive to run, insure and tax. It's a bit bigger and heavier, so emissions, economy and tax will be high. I also suspect it will cost £25k.

Only a year to wait to find out :rollin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]