[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - I just wondered... is it a rare one? Whats it worth??
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: I just wondered... is it a rare one? Whats it worth??
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:48 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: gen1
Hi,

I recently bought a Coupe mk1 and its a year 2000 model. Am I right in thinking the W plates are crossover between mk1/mk2 and a bit rare? Also what would you think she is worth (interested to know if I paid the right price or too much?).

2000/W
2.0SE Manual
Yellow :)
44k genuine miles
Full history - I mean everything - every bill + original receipt too!
12 months MOT
17" Vault alloys (wanting to sell and get set of original wheels as they are too much for the car!)
Bodywork is clean as a whistle - no rust dents or nothing, clean underneath too!

I bought in Southampton and drove it back to Aberdeen, hasn't missed a beat since!

Price paid to be revealed - interested to know what you lot reckon its worth though!

Last edited by coupenut on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I just wondered... is it a rare one? Whats it worth??
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:08 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
I've not noticed too many people making a big deal out of having W reg gen1s before so I doubt it makes too much difference to the price. As far as rarity goes, F2 evolutions will catch the eye more.

The mileage will be the main factor, and if the bodywork is properly nice with all the electrics working I guess you might be able to get a bit over £1k for it? I've seen F2 Evos with 60-80k miles going for less though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:41 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
it more likely means its been sat in a field where they couldnt sell it so no its worth nothing more and no its not rare

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

W reg is just the last of the gen 1's, X reg was the Gen 2 (depending on registration date) but thats not bad.

I sold my '99 with 56k, and there are alot of low mileage ones around - most are dogs now, but there are a few nice ones out there. I bought the car with 33k on the clock at 7 years old, as it was used as a weekend car - hense the low mileage..

Price wise... i think you could push for £1700-£2000 at a trader, its such a hard one as there is SO much variety in prices. However, a GOOD one can easily be worth more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:58 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hmm, interesting... I always thought the gen1 was more popular than the gen2 as well - hence why it was only made for 2 years (I personally HATE the gen2, ruined the smooth styling imho), perhaps not though going by the comments.
I have seen ONE gen1 on an X plate as well.

Ah well, I paid £1750 for mine, I figured it was worth it given mileage/history/condition. I think having lived on the sunny south coast most of her life has done her well, the only downside to that is that the yellow paint has faded a bit! She really is in cracking condition though. I reckon run her for a couple of years then see how she sells. And yes all electrics work fine on her as well. I've unfortunately seen the bad side when this doesn't work (first one got stolen!)...

I nearly bought a V reg F2 Evo instead but it had a few electric faults and the one I bought was faultless so didn't seem worth the hassle...

I don't know, personally I just think they are great motors, you get so much car for your money if you are not badge-conscious and a great handling sporty little motor to boot as well.

By the way what is the gearbox problem people talk about on these?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:32 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

if you got it from a dealer about £1500 if private about £1200. as has been said the f2's and f2evo are rarer and fetch slightly more cause only 1500 evos made and even less f2 made. mind ou a dealer round the corner from me has a black gen1 on a v plate for £1795. cheeky bloke has put the price up when he first had it ,it was going for £1495

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:34 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen3
There is a dealer here, the stingy B*stard we call him as he is the cheapest person in the world. He had a gen 3 2004 2.0 model for sale at £11k. Someone actually bought it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Bought it from a dealer :roll:

I guess when I saw it I fell for it, wanted another one. Plus I reckon I will get about £200ish for the wheels when I find a good set of replacement standard ones!

The prices do seem very fluctuating though, some sellers on ebay still asking £3k for late gen2 1.6SE??? And this is also a good part of the country for car prices what with the oil I believe.

I bought my first one in Dundee (Met. Blue 2.0SE Auto 1998/S with 46K) back in August 07 for £1450 and that was in similar condition... ran it for 11 months then nicked off driveway and recovered burnt out. Did the older models actually have an alarm/immobiliser, as it clearly didn't work!!!

Ah well at the moment run it and enjoy it, lots of life left in her... love the exhaust note as well, has a powerflow backbox, a nice 450mile trip in her tomorrow too!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:58 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

but in reality - i know these are cheap cars, but one with the looks, reliability etc etc for sub 2k - thats gonna make anyone smile

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]