[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Polished 2.0 Intake manifold??
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: Polished 2.0 Intake manifold??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:56 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: SIII

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:17 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:04 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:46 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
reaper was quite interested in it.im waiting on him but il let ya know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:10 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:14 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:40 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

dont know if i can help u guys out but my missus did this to my im for me by hand took her a week but looked good:
half way through sanding

almost finished

all done by hand diffrent grade sandpapers till smooth then polished with a polishing thing she has got she said she dont mind doing one or 2 for u guys as long as u pay materials and obviously supply the part just bung her a couple quid for her time they wouldnt be as good as if done on a machine but as u can see still very shiney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:13 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Was I the only one thinking it was the inside of the manifold that you'd want polished?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:27 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

mines been done both

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:27 am 

na i did want hte outside done for now, but the inside will be done later on once i start workin on performance :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:29 am 

i got my heatshield polished up but no where near as good as that. i went up to 2000 with paper. what did you use???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:19 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:51 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:08 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

whats that? grunt grunt............... :rollin

our intake is sold to reaper so sadly not available guys!
mr tatlock-get digging in the garage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 am 

ahh dammit. well considering loads of people have said it takes an ages and 4 blue moons mine dosen't seem too bad now considering it only took a couple of hours. Its nowhere near chrome but does look cleaner and more reflective, just not blingbling haha

When you say 4 grades of polisher and 3 grades of polish how do you mean??? can you name some??? cheers:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:46 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:18 pm 

ahh okies ill have a ganders:D cheers dupe

Thinkin about it....what the hell is an overboost and airram???? i know they sound pritty self-explainatory but how does it work??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:38 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

both types of intake manifold-airram is the best you can buy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:06 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

IF someone wanted to post me a spare, id be quite happy to 80% prep it for a small fee. Its the last odd and sods that i wont have the time for, but ive done mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:07 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

sounds a good offer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:16 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

:lol it is about 400 hours labour.

Alternativly - what about getting it chromed? Duple, would it withstand the heat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:35 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

yes it would withstand the heat but it would be mega expensive id say.chroming has gone really expensive last few months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:10 pm 

Dupe- so how do they work together???

Androoooooo - Your only in sittingbourne aren't you??? if your cool with it, ill see if i can get hold of a spare and drop it down to you?? how much would you want???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:34 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

taken from "a guide to tuning the 2.0 for power"

1- Port & Polished Intake Manifold
Think of the air going through your engine like electrical current in some wiring circuit, starting at the intake filter and ending at the exhaust tip. Along the way, the circuit has different resistances to air flow. In stage1 we have just eliminated the main restrictions to air flow by changing the major and more important parts to less restrictive ones . But is that all resistance that air charge faces? Fast answer is No. The basics were the major required changes to let your engine breath faster and easier, but there are still others to play with, and one of these is the intake manifold.

In this upgrade, the intake manifold ports mating the cylinders, and the intake port mating TB be machine for slightly larger sizes. Also the internal runners of the intake manifold will be chemically treated for smother surfaces, and in some cases the chemical treatment will etch little of the runners wall to even increase the cross sectional area of these runners. These changes combined will allow the air to flow more easily through the intake manifold to engine.

Gains: 2-4bhp

Earlier there was an aftermarket intake manifold for coupe (Air Ram IM), that used to completely replace the stock manifold and giving this advantage. But the Air Ram IM is not available in market anymore.

2- Big Bore Throttle Body
With your aftermarket intake system, and the custom work you had in your port & polished intake manifold, the stock throttle body now with its stock bore size is a bottle neck for the intake air charge. And it is feasible now that if the throttle body bore is increased it will help further to decrease resistance to air flow. No matter how small the reduction in that resistance is. If you are after every horse out of your naturally aspirated engine, then with this you might be able to extract couple more of them.

Gains: 2-3bhp

Here it is good to point out that doing PPIM & BBTB together will be more fruitful to your desired gain. And if ever you would do only one of them don’t let it be the BBTB without porting your intake manifold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:22 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

This is a pic after about 6 hours sanding and polishing, a good diy if you have a spare day or so but you'd never make a living at it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:24 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:22 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]