The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

would you buy from pc again(or consider buying?)
yes,i think its a good service 32%  32%  [ 12 ]
no,id go elsewhere 68%  68%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: are you satisfied with performance coupe?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:24 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
quite a lot of members feel lately they have been let down by performance coupe.many parts they have bought dont fit,and they feel there is a lack of aftersales service and help.iv had some very good purchases of matt(who lets face it is a really nice guy-no dispute)-however the number seems to be increasing rapidly of members who feel they have an issue on fitment of items,that they were'nt told about or were more severe than they were led to believe.

i just wondered-and its been fetched up before-by my ex for one-what people now think of pc.matt has not emerged on here for a while i know but he's tied up doing other things with a new company he's started covering all korean cars.post your experiences here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:47 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

From what iv heard, i wouldnt.

I emailed a couple of times a long while ago, and recieved no response to either.

Iv heard people say the best way to get in touch with him is to phone. If thats the case, why bother having an email address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:47 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
matts a sound guy, ive had a lot of stuff from him and he has always sent out perfect items and always sent them quickly, last time i ordered anything was £200 worth of interior bits that he let me have for £160 (cheaper than shark or sfr) i ordered them at bout 10oclock and they were at my house 24hrs later..............................so.......................ill use him again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:49 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

breezer wrote:
From what iv heard, i wouldnt.

I emailed a couple of times a long while ago, and recieved no response to either.

Iv heard people say the best way to get in touch with him is to phone. If thats the case, why bother having an email address?

same reason i have a mobile and wont answer it and an email addy that i never reply to.....im busy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:52 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

well iv had various things.always been delivered very quickly.cai was ok,but had to trim a bit to fit,overboost was a nightmare so not going there,that was really bad.exhaust required "minor mods" which was the flange turned which i suppose was ok,faz had same thing but it wasnt major issue.eibach springs were fine.i would use matt again for standard stuff,but i feel his technical lackings would prevent me from buying engine mods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:53 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Yeah but this is a website, that sells things. If i enquire about a product, which could lead to a sale, i would expect a reply. I understand people are busy, but would still expect a response back...even if delayed. Otherwise its bad customer service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:57 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

breezer wrote:
Yeah but this is a website, that sells things. If i enquire about a product, which could lead to a sale, i would expect a reply. I understand people are busy, but would still expect a response back...even if delayed. Otherwise its bad customer service.

his customer service has always been spot on with me, both me and daz knew there was issues with our xhausts, thats why we got them cheap, anyways until you buy somthing ur only window shopping so u aint a customer lol jk jk, i find ringing him is best as i know he has had email probs in the past

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:05 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Im a neutral here, and have been interested and close to buying things. And iv seen good things about him, and bad things about him. About service, and the actual fitment of products.

I work in retail. If a customer came upto me and asked me a question, and i didnt reply, or someone emailed me, and i didnt reply, id say thats bad customer service. I know its slightly different, but y'know. Of course id reply as it means the customer gets what they want, and so does the company (thats if it results in a sale).

All im saying is that i was interested in buying something, had the money ready, and i wanted to know the answer to my question before i bought it. This was probably sometime around March/April when i emailed - 6 months on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:16 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

help when the ship sinks has always been matts weak link-and he'll openly admit that.what you have to remember with pc is at least you are dealing with someone in the uk not 5000 miles away.and at the end of the day if he cant help he does always say send it back for a refund.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:28 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
never replies to e-mails. mis-advertised items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:58 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

I've never had a problem with Matt ... goods are delivered super fast and emails answered within a day . i know of a few people on here who have had problems ... but i've always had a good all round service .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:16 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

people seem to have alot of problems with engine/performance related bits from what i can see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:02 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: SIII
i have to be honest here, i've ordered one thing from PC, it was advertised as Siii Mobis Silver gills in the coupe 07+ section. It tooks 4 and a half weeks to get to me cos it had to be sourced as he was out of stock, to which i thought 'well these things happen not the end of the world' when it did evuntualy get to me, it was completly the wrong part anyways. What i had actualy ordered was chrome side repeaters for a gen3, i phoned to say what i got thinkin it was a mixup or what ever, turns out he can't get the Siii Mobis Silver gills at all and that shouldn't be on the website as hes never delt with them. he also said he would try and source some down for me, and will get back to me as soon as he does. He never did get back to me and the Mobis gills are still advertised on the website. I very much doubt ill be ordering from him again. Sorry, i'm not normally one to badmouth but that was an absolute shamble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:15 pm 

Coupe: gen1
Some of the items are mega overpriced (i know he needs to make a profit but some things take the mickey - one item is for sale at less than a third of the price on at least 2 other websites).

Also there is a distinct lack of technical info on the site, he would find that he would sell more if people could actually see what an item did and the spec of it.

Plus i have sent him 2 e-mails with regards to buying items and have had no response, thats £600 in lost sales straight away, if he had been helpful then he would have found me asking him to import afew other items for me so he could have lost around £1k in sales.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:56 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

ive never ordered anything off the site and wouldnt either. everything is seriously overpriced. whats with the all the interior silver trim bits being so expensive?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:47 pm 

I think he keeps a few people very happy to keep the orders coming in and relying on them to defend him on the forums, the rest don't seem to matter to him, which is strange because I would have thought having a good rep is the most inportant thing for getting new customers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:52 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

100scout wrote:
I think he keeps a few people very happy to keep the orders coming in and relying on them to defend him on the forums, the rest don't seem to matter to him, which is strange because I would have thought having a good rep is the most inportant thing for getting new customers.

Nail.... Head.....

Dupleman, Faz, Macker.. 3 big names on this forum, all well looked after

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:54 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

could be.but its well over a year since i bought anything from pc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:48 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Well breezer and dupleman... Both of you order me something nice for christmas and lets see if i get either in time :rollin

Or more to the point whos order i get on time ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:07 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

dont think he sells grenades :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:28 pm 

thedupleman wrote:
dont think he sells grenades :roll:

Not sure what he sells, certainly not piece of mind :rollin :rollin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:09 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

i dont know about the other 2 but maybe he looks after me coz i spend that much money with him and will spend lots lots more with him in the coming months, but most of ya wont listen when we keep telling you to phone him not email him not only that if i dont get what i pay for ill give him some northern fist....only jokin matt...........................or am i ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

faznloz wrote:
if i dont get what i pay for ill give him some northern fist....only jokin matt...........................or am i ;)

this sounds really wrong craig :rollin :rollin you been bridging again?? :rollin :rollin

i think its obvious if someones spending lots he's going to look after them but he is easier to get on phone than by email so craig is spot on with that.i would buy smaller stuff off him again although as stated not engine tuning stuff......tbh i cant get the backup you sometimes need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

he took nearly 3 months to send me pair of brake disks and pads, combined purchase price was £380 i tried phoning and emailing him to see what the delay was. he nevered answered his phone, never replied to an email. eventually he replied saying he had sent them out the previous day and what was i complaining about.

im sure jdrides sell as much as pc (at much better prices to) and his service is outstanding, i had constant stream of info from him and a phone call in the morning saying that i should expect the items that day.

i would only buy small items from pc as that the only bits he seems to keep in stock, and only buy through ebay as he seem to care more about keeping his ebay feedback high, than looking after his own website's users.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:53 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

I had only positive ecperience with Matt up until I got my chrome door handles and folding leccy mirrors. They arrived in the wrong colour (not Matts fault!) but I had to get them resprayed and wasnt reimbursed for the total amount. Plus after countless emails requisting the instructions for the mirrors which I was promised, all emails were ignored. I feel a bit let down and havent bought anything from him since

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:55 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

iv just bought an ark racing ariel in black.paid 2 hrs ago....................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:05 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

the ark racing one is nice!!!looks well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:33 pm 

paul896 wrote:
I had only positive ecperience with Matt up until I got my chrome door handles and folding leccy mirrors. They arrived in the wrong colour (not Matts fault!) but I had to get them resprayed and wasnt reimbursed for the total amount. Plus after countless emails requisting the instructions for the mirrors which I was promised, all emails were ignored. I feel a bit let down and havent bought anything from him since

You say that the mirrors being the wrong colour wasn't PC's fault, but he obviously didn't (as we all know) check the order before sending it on. It's a shame that PC has proven time and time again that they know nothing about the cars thay sell parts for. They are never able to answer technical questions or answer fitment querys and never check that the stock they buy is complete with nothing missing. In my opinion PC are 'playing' at being a supplier and I for one will never ever buy anything from them even if they are the only suppliers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:58 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

ariel came first thing-good service there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:26 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

thedupleman wrote:

I'm not having that :shock: what did he drive to yours and hand deliver them :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:30 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Macker wrote:
thedupleman wrote:

I'm not having that :shock: what did he drive to yours and hand deliver them :lol

of course :mrgreen: :mrgreen: you know you and me and faz are on the "chosen" list-ask ash.
and i must say it was well wrapped too.......in a large wad of £10 notes.couldnt say nothing bad about the man :rollin :rollin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

thedupleman wrote:
Macker wrote:
thedupleman wrote:

of course :mrgreen: :mrgreen: you know you and me and faz are on the "chosen" list-ask ash.
and i must say it was well wrapped too.......in a large wad of £10 notes.couldnt say nothing bad about the man :rollin :rollin

Wow your easily bought :roll: i've just sent for a stupid little ariel off Matt ... i dont really want it ... i'm just after the packaging ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

your higher on the post list-you'll get 20's :rollin :rollin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:52 pm 

All this joking around detracts from the point that PC is the Del-Boy of the coupe parts industry. How can one company be so expensive and bad at the same time and still be in business

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:54 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

in several parts businesses not just one.also supplies parts for kias now too.wonder if its korean auto imports? its called summat like that

Post subject: .....
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 am 
Trader

Hey Guys

Just had this topic brought to my attention, I am a little disapointed with the responses, I dont think it shows a fair reflection of our service. We have 1000's of customers a year from all around the world and we try our best to get all parts to customers as quickly as possible, we are now holding more stock than we ever have had before and retaining more and more repeat csutomers happy with our service. We do have an ebay store which had recieved 636 positive feedbacks and only 4 negative feedbacks (of which 2 were unfair) in the last 12 months meaning we have a 99.4% positive feedback rating, so how bad can we really be?

From around mid august to end of september we have had serious email problems so we may have missed some emails, but its all sorted out now. If anyone else tries to email us and we dont reply please let me know because that will mean we are obviously still having problems with our server coming in or sending out.

Finally I see there is come complaints about our pricing we will always try and be as competitive as possible, we will always price match anyone else, so just drop us an email or give us a call.

Kind Regards

Matt
PC UK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:56 am 

100scout wrote:
All this joking around detracts from the point that PC is the Del-Boy of the coupe parts industry. How can one company be so expensive and bad at the same time and still be in business

this forum doesn't need two del-boys lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

iv never had any complaint on delivery or times it takes to get a part in tbh.iv also found matt can match prices as he did on the ariel.so im a happy bunny on that.

my only complaint if any is the lack of knowledgeable backup on fitting parts.this is what has stuffed reaper really and mattfentontuscani.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:18 am 

on a more related note ive never had issues, i only bought standard fitment bits like tuscani badges f+r, centrecaps, steering wheel badge and the 3way washer jets though. delivery was good too. only prices ive found cheaper are from american ebay if youre prepared to wait the extra month or whatever for delivery lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

thedupleman wrote:

my only complaint if any is the lack of knowledgeable backup on fitting parts.this is what has stuffed reaper really and mattfentontuscani.

Well if you go to Halfords or the likes and ask any questions about something you have bought ... the answer will be read the instuctions in the box or get onto the Manufacturers to help ... if your not happy with the product bring it back for a refund ... this is what Matt does , but a lot of people seem not to want to send it back and try and make it fit , as Matt has said he has had computer problems and are sorted now ... so all we can do is see if things have changed for the better , with Matt being one of the first members on these forums ( December 2005 ) i think he deserves a second chance .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:15 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Macker wrote:
thedupleman wrote:

Well if you go to Halfords or the likes and ask any questions about something you have bought ... the answer will be read the instuctions in the box or get onto the Manufacturers to help ... if your not happy with the product bring it back for a refund ... this is what Matt does , but a lot of people seem not to want to send it back and try and make it fit , as Matt has said he has had computer problems and are sorted now ... so all we can do is see if things have changed for the better , with Matt being one of the first members on these forums ( December 2005 ) i think he deserves a second chance .

Well i have to agree with Macker on this one. I just recently purchases a set of phones from Argos got them home only to find they didn't work properly, so i phoned Panasonic up *NOT Argo* to get technical support when that didnt work i phoned my phone company to see if they could help (they couldn't). They advised that the product was faulty and to take it back so i did, but i only went back to Argos when i found the product to be faulty otherwise its the manufacturers job to give advice and support not the seller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Macker wrote:
a lot of people seem not to want to send it back and try and make it fit .

That'll be due to the six months theyve been waiting for their mod and then when of course its wrong they think FFS :aargh and just want to get it fitted.... I do believe in second chances but, ive been on these forums a decent length of time now and PC was crap then and is still crap now by many accounts, so i think the 2nd chance came and went a long LONG time ago...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:42 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

ashgen1 wrote:
Macker wrote:
a lot of people seem not to want to send it back and try and make it fit .

That'll be due to the six months theyve been waiting for their mod and then when of course its wrong they think FFS :aargh and just want to get it fitted.... I do believe in second chances but, ive been on these forums a decent length of time now and PC was crap then and is still crap now by many accounts, so i think the 2nd chance came and went a long LONG time ago...

This wasn't directly aimed at you Ash ... even though you did have problems with your spoiler , other people on here i have seen doing simple things like putting T badges on ... complain because they dont line up properly to the holes when they take the H badges off ... this happend to me and i just snapped the lugs off the T badge , no i never sent them back .
Yes i have to admit the biggest problem is with Matts shipping times ... i think really he should give a date when the item should be with you ... if it doesn't arrive within that date ... there should be some kind of compo , but this is for Matt to sort out .
I'm staying neutral on this topic ... i'm just saying what the transactions have been like when i've bought off Matt ... just the same as everybody else have posted .
Well after JDRides leaving the forums ... Paul McCain not a trader anymore .... now people want shut of Matt ... is it really worth the hassel having traders on the site .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:15 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

I know it wasnt aimed at me dude ;) i see where your coming from when people are complaining about the silliest little thing in which case they should get out more :lol but even still when you buy something big or small you should be able to expect it to fulfill its intended purpose, when its something like a spoiler, exhaust, bodykit etc and youve paid all that money and waited all that time the last thing id personally want to do is send it back id just want to get it on the car one way or another, im assuming you have to foot the bill to return it aswell? and then when youve got your cash back you have to go through the whole process elsewhere... Not to mention getting hold of him to get my cash back in the first place :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

thats why alot of people avoid halfords though cos they know about crappy backup!

i think its worth having traders on the site for sure.they can make a valuable contribution.matts reputation is certainly not tarnished like paul mccains is(although paul does seem to be sorting things so credit where due)matts certainly far better than he was 2 years ago-although he could do with showing his face far more than he does and that would sort alot of minor gripes ;)

Last edited by thedupleman on Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:36 pm 

:shock: what hold has he got over you lot, the more people moan about him the more vociferous the defence becomes its like a mother defending her darling child that's just beaten up another kid with "Oh hes so good it couldn't have been his fault".

Charlatan comes to mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:26 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Ive bought several bits and pieces from performance coupe and apart from the fact that he dosent answer e-mails which is a poor criticsm all the dealings I have had have been fine.

When I have needed to get hold of him he is always on the end of the phone and that works better because if asked he may give a discount on parts which is something you dont get by clicking keys.

Next time I ring him it will be for the rear exhaust ( plus discount )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:56 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

100scout wrote:
:shock: what hold has he got over you lot, the more people moan about him the more vociferous the defence becomes its like a mother defending her darling child that's just beaten up another kid with "Oh hes so good it couldn't have been his fault".

Charlatan comes to mind

coz he aint given me any reason to say otherwise, everything ive had has come quickly and at a better price than shark or sfr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
100scout wrote:
PC is the Del-Boy of the coupe parts industry

Brand new from Performance Coupe ... you decide:

Oh, and the bonnet wouldn't shut when it was fitted

(Btw, the pics show how it was when I pulled it out of the box that it was thrown into)

However, to be fair, it must be said that another order of mine was perfectly fine, most of the time I contact Matt by e-mail I do get a quick reply and he did arrange for his courier to collect the strut bar and give me a full refund ... I'm not sure, I think that strut bar lost him my customs for sure ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:42 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I have only dealt with Mat twice alloy heater control surounds :old and somthing else no idea what I had no problems at all and did speak to him on the phone once about the smoke led lookalike tail lights he use to do I was after a set and wanted to no if he still did them he was more than helpful I am not defending him just adding feedback to this growing topic about him clearly some people have had problems but I speak as I find, interesting about the price match though does that include the Korean sites which I have bought a fair bit of stuff off simply because the price is a good bit cheaper on most of there stuff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next