[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - S111 Warranty. Good or Bad?
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ] 
 Post subject: S111 Warranty. Good or Bad?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:32 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

I've read a few threads regarding issues with the five year warranty on S111 coupe's, some of which are quite worrying, such as a member not having clutch changed after only 4400 miles and being put down to clutch abuse.
I wondered if it might be useful to keep these warranty issues on one thread so S111 owners can check out possible future problems and perhaps find solutions, or indeed find out that items such as a failed handbrake cable was changed without question after 4years.
I've had a heated seat switch changed without problem because it didn't illuminate when lights switched on. Common problem I'm told by the dealer.
Also registered complaint about headlights and rear lights misting up after washing car. Hyundai's stance is that if misting clears after lights switched on for a few minutes, then it's OK. (same criteria applies to MOT testers) Dealer logged complaint in the event that long term damage might occur due to moisture in these units, and contacted Hyundai for official answer from them. Still waiting for response.
I would find it very useful to find all this type of info in one place instead of dotted around the forums.
I apologise to those with other versions of coupe, but I'm being selfish as an S111 owner who's only read S111 warranty issues while reading the forums. Very few warranty issues are raised by owners of other versions of coupe. Might be a lesson here?
Any comments/suggestions/additions?
Uncle Buck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:49 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:22 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
clutch abuse is a bit of a bas*ard to prove.our stance at work if we find a coach driver burning out clutches is to put em in an auto.as union man iv defended a few clutch burner cases and im told pretty reliably that a certain ammount of wear is built in anyway to allow abuse.to do in a clutch in that short time you'd have to drive EVERYWHERE with your foot on it.so it was obviously faulty component.i do worry different dealers have different ideas what warranty work is though!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:29 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I don't actually know what it looks like or indeed where it is located!
But...it's essentially an electronic component which controls the alarm, immobiliser, central locking etc. and from the feedback I received at the time and other posts since, it is apparently a very expensive part...around £400 to £500! :shock:

Here's the original post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:38 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

The body controll unit controlls most 'body' items - hrw, electric windows, lights, cdl etc. Never known an s111 fail but gen 3 had a few problems with 1.6 cars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:35 pm 

It's as well to be aware of these possible problems and the symptoms for the likes of myself who don't have the knowledge or experience.
Once informed, it provides good ammunition against nefarious dealers.
As the old saying goes, "Forewarned is forearmed", which is the point I had in mind for this thread.
Thanks
Uncle Buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:26 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

This is quite worrying to read considering i was planning on buying a 2 year old low mileage coupe in a few months (purely because you have to look VERY far to find a 2 year old car with that many toys which looks so good with 3 years warrenty remaining!) :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:41 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

i wouldn't worry - i personally think the Hyundai warranty is one of the best in the motor trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:37 pm 

Hi Sworks,
I'm sure your eight, I hope your right, but having read of two disturbing stories I thought I would start this thread to hear both sides of the situation.
If you have an example of a good response to a warranty issue then I'd be pleased to read it as it would support the positive aspects of it.
Uncle Buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:39 pm 

oops, sorry. "Eight" should read "right". No insult intended.
Uncle Buck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:01 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
i sometimes think peoples opinions on certain warrantys are clouded too.for example,if you get a bad deal from ford on a warranty issue you will never trust them again.yet your mate may hate hyundai cos they wouldnt replace summat but ford did.i think it depends on your experience.its always a big sigh of relief when they say "oh yeah thats a warranty job mate" but you always feel badly done to when they say "no sorry mate heres a 300 quid bill"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:47 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

As a general rule if it's wear and tear its not covered, brake pads tyres clutch etc. Hyundai give 5 years unlimited mileage (except taxis and possibly driving school cars?) from the factory. ford give 3 years warranty but the first year is factory and the rest is an outside company which covers less as time goes on.
as an example - rattles and water leaks are not covered under Ford warranty after 1 year old, Hyundai cover them for 5 years. All cars suffer from faults and when your on a one make forum like here you have people listing problems all the time, which may make the cars sound unreliable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:15 pm 

My concern was not to show unreliability or I wouldn't have bought into Hyundai, but it's apparent that certain aspects may not be as straight forward as one might imagine, hence this thread to find out if and I stress, IF, there are any aspects of concern over failure to receive cover, or even to point out area's where cover is given where we might not expect it.
To demonstrate the first, theres the case of the 4,400ml clutch failure which isn't being covered. I consider that to be of great concern.
On the other hand theres the case of the 4 year old brake cable which snapped which I would put down to wear and tear but WAS covered by the warranty.
This thread could gather in one place the pro's and con's of the warranty, nothing else, not Hyundai bashing or other underhand purpose, just a central thread where coupe owners can view the likelihood of their problem being covered before making a claim. Forewarned is forearmed.
Uncle Buck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:57 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

In my opinion - and it's my opinion only - the clutch wearing at 4000miles and not being covered is correct as every driver drives differently and hyundai can't be held responcible for drivers driving style (sorry to the guy whos post it was - i don't mean to offend) The handbrake cable should last longer than 4 years and is not a servicable part so failure can't be blamed on the driver. I hope i haven't offended anybody. There is a section in the hand book about coverage. As said my opinion only. i don't profess to know Hyundai warranty, but if anybody has a query if something might be covered please ask and i will answer how i interpret the handbook from my point of view

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:29 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:55 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject: Headlights misted-replaced
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:32 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:22 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:23 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:48 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:33 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:00 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:29 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm 

yeah i have gtot that option luckily. i did used to go to whitehouse in maidstone, just grays in chatham has opened recently and so far they have given mevery good service. will post up once my car has been in and let everyone know (who is bothered)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:41 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject: coupe TSIII
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:43 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:10 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject: Re: S111 Warranty. Good or Bad?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:20 pm 

Hi all
i have had my s111 for about 18months now and I also have had problems with the switches sticking but because of moving I failed to take it in to be sorted, I noticed that in the spring they stopped being a problem but have now started in the cold weather again,
I have also found recently that my rear window has condensation problems inside,
and there is a rattle coming from what seems to b the passenger seatbelt anchor,
She is going for a service next week an I will bring these things up with the dealer its a new visit to Hereford
To be fair though for a car after 30 mnths these are really minor things and as yet I have no reason to suspect that the warranty will be a problem,
I was going to change her this year but to be honest with what?

Post subject: Re: S111 Warranty. Good or Bad?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:14 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

exactly!have driven loads of cars this year and everytime i get back into my own car, and smile. u would either have to spend more to get a less well equiped 3series coupe or else get a smaller crappy one!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]