[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Snorkus Mod
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:40 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:40 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:46 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:57 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:02 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:21 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:29 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:19 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:35 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:57 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:33 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:21 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:21 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
can sum 1 with a gen 3 2.0 who has done this mod give me there number thru a pm or ask for mine so they can talk me thru this as i dnt want to f c k it up cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:49 pm 

send a pm to twister1970 hes the master

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:30 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
did mine this morn on a gen 3 twister was great with the directions, can hear the noise at about 2500rpm had a bit of a run init but didnt see any diff in performance apart from it has a little less hesitation and smoother gear change, as for mpg ill give it a week of goin to wrk n ill know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Im goona do this snorkus mod on saturday and will let ya know how it goes....fitting wise though it sounds to me like a bit of a ball ahce doing it on the gen 3 tbh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:49 pm 

does this mod make any diff to a gen 3.5 ??

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

mostl 1.6 and 2.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:16 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Wow, I can't believe i have just found this thread. This mod was first caried out by by mate - we both bought gen 1 coupes in 98. I remember photocopying the picture from the Hyundai coupe workshop manual that he has used. He removed the intake, and it was too noisy for my liking so i left mine standard. He quotes about 5 bhp but as far as i remember it was never proven. his gen 1 (the red car in the photo) was the first car to get a K&N 57i kit in the country. He kept phoning them about availibillity and in the end we took the car to them, they played about with a few air filter sizes till they were happy. They gave him a questionaire and sent us home with the filter fitted. He filled in the questionaire and sent it back, they said he could have the filter free and they were then made available for sale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:09 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Cant beleive i hadnt thought of this already... Anyway, does anyone know if its ok for motorway driving, and if the mpg is affected (on a gen1), as i'm a student, so dont really want it to drop :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:56 pm 

I`m looking at buying an S3 2.0 brand new in the very near future, will the snorkus mod be possible on this model? (anyone have experience with this?) - Or would it be advised I go straight for a K&N filter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:59 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

just a quick one is the snorkus mod ok when car is going through an mot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:00 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

yes no bother at all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

good cuz mine is having its MOT next month and I have done the mod...got a K&N 57i fitted now though! :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:14 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:06 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

just done this to my v6 and hello low down grunt where were you hiding in that pipe work, amazing mod, its made a huge difference on my car,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:55 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

on the gen1 it does make a nice bit of booming noise when the revs hit the mid range...

I was wondering if now that the resonator has been removed, is there a higher chance of water geting sucked up into the air filter box through that gaping hole in its side... its just that looking at the resonator it looks like there is a hole in the bottom which any water entering the engine bay would drop down into. Perhaps this is completly silly idea and me being paranoid about water geting into the engine.... any re-assurance from anyone??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:56 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

hey looks well easy saw the video but didntn see how the resonator was removed can anyone tell me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:07 pm 

Two bolts, one is a easy the other is under the Battery tray (one/two bolts to remove). Disconnect and remove the battery, remove the tray, remove the resonator, replace tray and battery - total time 10 to 15 mins (if you have to go and get a spanner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:15 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

wicked cheers 100scout :mrgreen:

but the resonator doesnt have to be removed if i dont want too....does it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:09 pm 

No, I ran mine with the resonator in place until I fitted a CAI recently. It does nothing with the snorkus removed, just adds weight (Not much though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:36 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

wicked,

ill be doing it tomorrow as i have the tps problem at the mo and the part i pick up tomorrow so i want to make sure that works first

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:00 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:51 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:56 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

done it... but can anyone tell me if ive done it right also should there be a differance in noise as i cant hear any?

[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:02 pm 

you should only hear a differance when you rev the engine as the resonator is there to keep it quiet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:07 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

yeah its not that much but if it helps my mpg then im happy got a fully take so gona be a little while before i notice a differance

cheers 100scout

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:26 pm 

Thanks Kevnbex, I'll give a go but I think I'll wait for warmer weather as I'm a bit of a wimp in the cold.
Uncle Buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:31 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:48 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

cheers thedupleman do you mean the fully air filter kit replacement or just the filter element,also would the whole air filter kit still help my mpg?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:01 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:26 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:03 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:38 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Hi guys,
Im selling my K&N panel filter on ebay at the moment. It goes straight into the filter box of a gen 1 (not sure about the other models).
It gives a small horsepower increase. I had this filter with the Snorkus mod and it makes a truely awesome noise! I recommend it to any gen1 owner.

I have a topic in the for sale section too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:15 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:18 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

final time: NO YOU DO NOT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:18 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Sorry Daz, but can you be a bit clearer ;)
:lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:36 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

ok no there is no chance it'll go through.......my living room ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:39 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next