[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Snorkus Mod
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:04 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:41 pm 

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:50 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Hi all,this might be a bit old news now,but i have just did this cool mod on my gen2,even in the rainy days of glasgow it had to be done when i read "FREE" haha but just a few questions and replies would be greatly appreciated!
1. i have two holes now when i removed mines,the one that the air was feeded into and the other underneath the snorkus/snorkel thing.and it looks pretty important to me :o
2.i believe the resonator is beneath the duct,so if i remove that and patch up the hole beneath the duct,would that in turn give me constant cold air thats not restricted?
3.what is attached to the duct?there is a spare part that looks as if it does something?
4. finally if that were the case,what would the implications be?just the same?e.g higher performance and higher MPG providing i dont fall in love with the grunt? :lol
p.s- i already adore the grunt after removing it!!that doesnt help with grangemouth going on strike!!i need petrol!!!
thanks again guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:18 pm 

As you look into the engine space the hole that is straight down is the entry to the resinator this is now just excess weight but to get at one of the two bolts that hold it on you have to remove the battery tray so a lot of people just leave it on. It now does nothing at all, it goes nowhere and the hole you see is the only hole in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:53 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:51 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:02 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:01 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:02 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:33 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:27 pm 

again and again and again

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I love the sound of a CAI in the morning (in the afternoon and evening too)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:31 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:28 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:58 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:00 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:00 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:03 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:25 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 6:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:05 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:46 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:11 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:54 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

i would be more worried at the insurance man laughing at your orange indicators!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:38 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:41 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:47 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:00 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:25 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

did the snorkus mod this morning.. didnt notice much difference in the noise, but i have noticed a slight difference in pull, did anyone put anything over the hole to stop foreign bodys getting in (not illegal imigrants).. i stole a pair of my daughters tights and cut them up lol, cable tied on,

think i will go for a cai and do it the proper way ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:15 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:55 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:21 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:36 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:08 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:13 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:15 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:29 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:01 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

ha ha .. would take a lot more than that to upset me ... i very rarely get upset about anything too old and too wise lifes to short .. although if you nicked my chocolate or scratched my car...

:thwak

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:01 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Right fellas I’d just like to throw my opinion in the ring (I know it’s a bit late). As it stands I can’t for the life of me see how doing the snorkus mod in its present incarnation will make a scrap of difference. Hendrix came to my house a few weeks back and I fitted a CAI to his Gen 3coupe. I had doubts about it as most CAI’s are just a case of removing the panel filter box and replacing it with a short pipe with a K&N on the end breathing in all the hot air the engine produces thus rendering the effect useless. However Hendrix’s kit was the dogs dinner it involved removing all of the current system from the throttle body down and replacing it with all new shiny pipe work and a K&N filter. The resonator box had to be removed and the K&N was piped into the inner wheel arch just behind the fog light therefore breathing in cold (more dense) air all the time regardless how hot the engine bay got.

Now onto an interesting point whilst fitting the CAI for Hendrix I had to remove the MAF and inside it was these 2 lovely air restricting pieces of crap.

So I removed them as IMO no matter what filter you are to fit you’ll still have these nice pieces of plastic to restrict the airflow. I’ve not done the snorkus mod on my coupe as I don’t want to ruin my fuel economy by allowing the coupe to breathe all that hot air in but I have removed the to pieces of plastic and mesh from the MAF and believe me when I say I have noticed an increase in both power and fuel economy just done a 180mile run to the airport and back averaging 83mph (occasionally hitting 100mph) on 5 gallons of standard unleaded which is 36mpg I’m pretty sure I’d have squeezed over 40mpg out of the coupe had I been a little lighter footed.

Post subject: resinator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:54 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:34 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:46 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:55 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:12 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:04 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:22 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:08 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:50 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

:rollin conversations seem to go very off topic....but funny!

bah - hurt my arm trying to remove resonator!
Must take it to the garage and get it done properly i thinks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next