[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Planning to buy a Gen 3 2.0 SE, anything I should look for?
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:32 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Post subject: Planning to buy a Gen 3 2.0 SE, anything I should look for?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:02 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: gen3
On an 04 plate with about 70K miles on the clock. It 's had the cambelt changed about 4K miles ago.

I haven't had enough time to check over the forums but if someone can point me in the right direction, I will be truly grateful! :)

I was wondering what to look out for, common problems etc.? and approximately how much it will cost to fix so I can haggle the price if need be.

Thanks guys, I've seen some great mods and I may be joining you all real soon!

Post subject: Re: Planning to buy a Gen 3 2.0 SE, anything I should look for?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:18 pm 

Look for rust on the bonnet front lip. Wheels will look corroded (standard Hyundai wheels are crap for bubbling) Driver seat bolster, wears as driver is in and out all the time should not be torn though. Check the cam belt change paperwork relates to your car ;) . Check for a damp spare wheel well, could indicate a perished boot seal. Check everything electrical, Hyundais are pretty bullit proof but its worth making sure it all works. Make sure the air con gets really cold as a lot of people dont run it very often and the compressor seals perish. Other than that, rear wheel arches for rust (should be OK on this age of car but known problem on older vehicles).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:19 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Check around the sunroof for rust too

HPI check!!!!!!!!

Under front bumper for kerbing damage

Tax disc - check the date is the one they claim

HPI check!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:28 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Thanks guys, I've done the hpi check and all is clear. Going to see it tomorrow. Will definitely check all that you've said.

Will also check the electricals thoroughly as i've read about problems with the central locking, window motor, dodgy handbrake & power steering fluid leak as it seems to be common in another coupe forum.

Will update tomorrow if all goes well!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:49 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Sun roof rails are one of the problems I had with mine when I bought it... Also there was no handbrake (as in it didn't work - not that there wasnt one there haha) ... I persumed it would be a stretched cable.. but instead had to replace both rear calipers and both handbrake cables. Came to around £120 (parts on as i did the work myself).

An wear on the leather interior.. But if you check out what the guys said above... you should be well on your way to a fantastic coupe :thumbup

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:58 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Thanks for the advice, Just bought it and am very pleased!
didn't find any problems apart from the odd wear and tear!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:05 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Woohooooo!

Welcome aboard mate

:welcome

Be sure to post some pictures of her and introduce yourself to the forum :thumbup

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:07 pm 

Do tell

we need to know the colour

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:07 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Will do! :thumbup

Last edited by kktdragon on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:08 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:11 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Please help me sort out this ARIAL! lol
For some reason it isn't the auto electric folding in one. Anyone have any ideas how i get this out, tried twisting but it didnt budge.
File comment: Nice and standard (FOR NOW)
mycoupe.jpg
mycoupe.jpg [ 162.54 KiB | Viewed 16778 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:18 pm 

So its a green one then :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

The aerial unscrews from the holder then the silver ring unscrews from the top and the aerial drops into the void behind the paneling in the boot. :b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:21 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:22 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Woooohooooo, Looks tidy mate. How much did she cost you?.

Its a black Gen 3! Perfect colour mate - purely because I have the same hahah.

As for the ariel.. Yeh just simply twist it... Maybe it needs a bit of persuadance... i.e. WD40 and a pair of pliers?

:)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:25 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

I see, good stuff, what arial would suit it? I've seen some cheap bee-sting ones on ebay but I'm not so sure. The size is nice but how about the quality?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:27 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Got it for just under £4K! full service history and everything else! Extremely happy and it's only at 65K!

Thought it was a bit too cheap but hpi worked out, genuine dude who works at microsoft!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Sounds like a good deal : )

I've got a stubby ariel. Its looks pretty much the same as the £10 ones on ebay... And the reception is pitch perfect.

If you've got the cash free then a tenner for a decent stubby ariel would suit the car perfect! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]