[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - water 4 gas???
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:39 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: water 4 gas???
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:18 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3
i know this is prob just abunch of stupid gullible americans but u never know it could be intresting

http://waterforgas.wahms.net/water-for-gas-reviews

apparently a jar, bit of pipeing, water and wire and you can increase mpg by like 50%
fair few youtube videos too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lAWcGe8rL8

what ye think?

waste of time i presume

Post subject: Re: water 4 gas???
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:20 pm 

If it was that easy it would be taxed :thumbdown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:21 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Gaudy colours, awful design, stupid wording designed to fool people into parting cash, fake product/info images ... all screams bulls**t to me.

Besides .... American ... :fingers :bang

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:48 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Well - theres a bit of a discussion on this technology over on MGRover.org. Both a respected diesel tuner and our own reidyremaps (pocketbikeuk, aka Matt Reidy) are looking into the product. Matt himself has fitted a similar ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HHO-CELL-HYDRO...item2557e85cb1 ) system and swears blind that there is a benefit...

The jury is out though, as are the sceptics and torch-burners - watch this space and I'll update as I hear stuff...

Last edited by Rik'n'Vik on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:59 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:40 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Very interesting, and something I'd not thought about was the emissions... which raises something I've always wondered; if you are able to reduce the emissions of your vehicle, permanently, under the new tax bands, are you allowed to pay less tax?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:44 pm 

I think you can, certainly can with regard to LPG conversions etc. You'd need some sort of 'certificate' to enforce your argument though...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Must say, I'm certainly intrigued. Looks like it needs to be tweaked and perfected for each vehicle, but if it's really effective, hopefully garages will start offering it as a common service.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 pm 

As said in the second quote I posted - the American police are already beginning to fit similar items to their cars. So there must be something in it...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:15 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

so what increase do you think you would get on a 1.6 coupe?? i would be tempted but 100 quid is quite steep!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

but really at the end of the day all that matters is how much petrol u put into the thing the energy conversons dont matter if you end up saving fuel! as its the fuel that ends up making the energy for the battery, if u know what i mean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

The whole principle is pretty sound - using current from the battery to electrolyse water into hydrogen and oxygen, then feeding it into the intake manifold.

Pure hydrogen can be used in a petrol engine with very little modification, so a petrol / hydrogen mixture would work fine (I'm guessing the issue would be more heat generated)

The problem is with the current required to do the hydrolysis. A guy I know used to run a hydrolyser in his Jeep Cherokee, but used it for an extra power boost rather than constant increased MPG. Apparently there was a guy who worked out a way of doing it with high voltage and low current - but as is the way with such stories he died and took the plans to the grave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:33 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 am 

I'll send him a PM and ask if he feels like contributing to this thread. I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't though, got flamed pretty badly on .ORG from all the nay-sayers :(

edit: as of 1030-04022010 - PM Sent, awaiting reply...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:12 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
I'd say right off the block it's a load of Ball Ox.

Have not read this yet but here's an article on the same subject:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:38 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I think it's a similar case to electric superchargers. I'll explain:

The fleaBay type superchargers aren't going to work because they have a crappy motor and can't pull much air. If, however, you know much about model aircraft, you can get a decent motor and prop that will move a serious volume of air. Enough to increase power by a decent amount

In the same vane, if you know how to make an effective electrolyser, then I think there will be a noticable difference. Though I haven't worked out if an overall MPG increase is possible or just short bursts of power...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:14 am 

Well, with the imminant closure of the forums I'll guess we'll never know unless he replies soon. My PM hasn't been sent yet, so Matt aint been online...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]