[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Got done by the pigs
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:17 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ] 
 Post subject: Got done by the pigs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:36 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:47 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:05 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:51 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:17 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:34 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:46 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Coupe: gen3
Yeah i agree UB , if we never had speed limits ... you would have people going passed schools at 70+ mph , Paul you've had a good run for your money ... one speeding ticket in 8 years :shock: we all know you dont drive like a saint ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:54 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: gen3.5
Well it's 11 years this month since I passed, and after 10 years and 11 months of driving Fiestas and Clios, I had a totally clean license. A week into owning my coupe, and I wouldn't bet on it reaching 12 years!!! I did 500 miles in it last weekend, it was begging me to go just that bit quicker!!! And for the record, it was on a deserted A66 over the pennines - crash and the only victims will be me and a few sheep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:03 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:04 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:12 pm 

I can see your point.
It needs more education so drivers understand how they work. It's apparent they treat them as standard cameras when they're surprised by them.
Point is, the idea is good but the manner of introduction is poor. I've not read anything about them so I'm sure there's many more like me.
Uncle Buck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:19 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:59 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:35 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I dont mind the cameras at their current levels, i dont mind the fines at their current levels its the points on the license that p*ss me off. I' still in my first 2 years so it would only take 2 vans in one day to nail my license and some of them are b**tards. Speed doesn't kill, stupidity/failing components kill. Same as guns don't kill the people and the bullets do it.

Last edited by Andy82 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:39 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:40 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:52 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

as the british public maybe we start saying what our police officers do instead of ******* running our forces and dreaming up ways to increase there funding through fines on decent honest hard working motorists and to make there stats look better chatting mortorists. what about the ****** up ***** breaking into cars, walking over my coupe causing damage to it, all the ****** stealing from my shop putting my job on the line having to explain to my bosses where 6k of stock has gone missing to. the useless system cant control them but we can do everyone that speeds.

deaths on the road have remained at the same level for 10 years, the police will tell you **** that its been coming down, its stayed at around 3500, well below the average across europe, germany i think is lower and they have no motorway or dual carriage way limits.

the goverment will say its come down when its 3500, then the next is 3499 and the folowing year is 3498.

if told my bosses ive improved my inventory and waste figures year on year with a difference of £1 and spent masses of money doing it they rip my **** off

Paul if you want to carry on posting on these forums ... you better cut down on the swearing ... Macker . this goes for a few other members ... its not a CHAV site .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:11 pm 

cant be bothered doing loads of quotes but UB... the allowances depend on the county councils. in some places you can easily be done for speeding doing 32 in a 30 zone. this is because manufacturers do build a tolerance into speedos, but its generally 10% UNDER the reading, so if you get caught speeding its never their fault, you were definitely doing much over the limit as the dial reads.

i see the argument that average speed cameras can cause issues where you cant move over because youre all going the same speed, but in those circumstances, you know your junction is coming up soon, move over earlier... the average speed thing usually only lasts about 2-3 miles max so youre looking at a junctions length and there are signs well ahead of time. you should be thinking "my junction is next, and theres an average speed thing just before it, i better move over now as no matter what lane im in it wil take the same time so may as well be in the left lane ready"

and yes figures for deaths on the road havent gone down really, accidents related to speed HAVE, its just more and more idiots are drink driving etc, and there are more and more people driving on the roads every year, so the figures may not have gone down in number, but as a percentage you would probably see a decent drop with cameras.

yes theyre a pain sometimes, i got 3 pouints for doing 65 on the motorway 3 years ago in a 50 zone with a van on a bridge. stupid you may think, but the restriction was due to roadworks, which had GONE the week before, no more workers, no more lane closure, just the cones on the hard shoulder and the speed trap remained and i was following the flow of traffic so alot of people got done that day lol!!

if its such a worry to you persoinally il sell you my road angel compact with laser detector if i can find it. no subscription left on it, i only used it once and didnt see the need, i generally dont speed.

and a side note, stop slagging the police off, if you cant do the time dont do the crime :p youre the one breaking the law so its your fault, and they wouldnt focus on raking in speeding fines, and concentrate on catching "real criminals" if you didnt make it so easy for them. if somneone offers you a 5er for no effort at all, or asks you to chase a yob with a gun, which would you choose? :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:00 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:17 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:47 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 am 

I don't think the police are to blame for this sorry state of affairs, I blame the Government and ultimately the public (yes US) demanding tangible clear up rates. If we just let the Police get on with their job rather than force them into meeting targets then they would be more effective and if you talk to any serving officer they would rather catch the real scumbag lowlifes than motorists any day of the week.

If your going to have a go at least put the blame where it belongs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:50 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:55 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:30 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:39 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:28 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]