[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Please give me advice
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:16 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please give me advice
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:47 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:46 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII
If I were in your shoes mate id be getting my £100 back and running as far away from the garage as possible, if they were genuine they would want your buisness and phone you back and keep you updated as much as possible. All sounds suspect to me.
Hope all works out well for you! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:56 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

It can vary timewise - they have a UK stockhold, however, if it isnt there then the next nearest one is Belgium - Aaron had to wait 2 weeks for an engine part from there...

However - grab your cash back and run like your arse is on fire. If its not going smootly now - imagine what it'll be like if something goes wrong later down the line. Also, are they closed because business is slow? hmm because then that warrantee (im presuming a garage, not hyundai warrantee?) will be worth nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:06 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

So basically, the car needs an ECU just because the alarm went off?

True for airbags which once they go off need the ECU replacing as they keep a log of the firing of an airbag forever. Not true for alarm systems, although some alarms(such as the ones i work on) do keep a log of the last 5 triggers and what sensor set it off, this is purely for diagnosis and not a case to replace the ECU

get your deposit back and....
RUN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:19 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

As above. Get your deposit back. If you still want the car wait and see if it apears back on their forecourt in a week or two, or just go elsewhere. They may have suddenly repaired they car once you request your deposit back!!! Good luck anyways...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:48 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:05 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

You put the deposit down on a road-worthy, working car, its now not the case, so im sure your within your rights to have your deposit back, ask over pepipoo forums its full of coppers and law people who should be able to clarify the position

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:05 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:56 pm 
Heya mate, Hyundai get the parts the next day, or that is what they told me anyway when I ordered a part for my Gen2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:24 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I would do as every body is screaming to do and if they try and back out saying it is non refundable as I am sure the shisters will do threaten them with trading standards, works a treat normaly or give trading standards a bell first thing Monday before you go because you will be able to quote what they say and as it will be all wrapped in legal jargan the gararge will no that you have actually been in contact with them. The only way I can see you not getting you deposit back if they are going t-ts up, in this current retail market there's no way they would have not kept you informed and been realy apollergetic I spell a big rat

*Double post sorted - scout*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:27 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:48 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:15 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:02 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Sorry I haven't replied ealier, have been busy with dissertation and work.

I have tried every single way of getting it back.

They now try to tell me it is a back order, so hasn't arrived, will give me a ring as soon as it's ready. Been a month now. Now they change their garage name, trade with a different name, viewing by appoinment only so that's why when I came around, it wasn't open.

The funny thing is they advertise their cars on Autotrader with the same phone number, and an email which doesn't exist. SO I quickly registered that email, and received quite a few email asking about cars, I just emailed them back and warned to stay well away.

Have been trying with Trading Standard, they weren't helpful at all. Telling me that because I paid deposit with 1 garage, they changed their name so I wouldn't have much chance of getting it back. I got p*ssed off with the guy on the phone, told him he was a fcking ignorant cnt because if they could do it to me, they could have well taken 10, 20 other people deposit and just change their trading name like that.

So I went to police, they advised me to go small claim court. I will try that root now. If it doesn't work out then I will have to take matter into my own hand.They took my £100, I will make them pay more than £100 in another way.

So now Im driving a very old Renault while looking for another coupe. My first car was a coupe, just can't stand 4 doors cars

Hope it will be better luck next time though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:25 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:52 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:23 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:02 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]