[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Scrap your gen 1 for £2500 ?
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:15 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ] 
 Post subject: Scrap your gen 1 for £2500 ?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:14 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:34 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:48 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:50 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Thats a pretty fair offer for the best gen of the marque :stir :b

Andy82 - thats why I never buy owt from a showroom, those folk that buy new/near new then have the audacity to moan about depreciation 3 years later p*ss me off mightily :swear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:41 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:17 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:08 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:28 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Its just a £2500 part-ex, which they add to the price of the new car anyway.. same ole same ole..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:36 am 

I've just had an email about this:

"Owners of vehicles which are more than nine-years old could receive a £2,000 incentive to scrap their cars in favour of a newer model under the scheme proposed by business secretary Peter Mandelson as he looks to stimulate the struggling car industry.
Under the plan, owners would be offered a credit of up to £2,000 for scrapping their current vehicle, which can then be used to offset the cost of purchasing any new vehicle, up to one year old.
The motor industry is undoubtedly one of the biggest victims of the current economic recession, with a number of manufacturers in the UK cutting back on jobs and production. Those cuts have had a knock-on effect in the car parts industry with numerous suppliers struggling to survive with increased costs, due to the strength of foreign currencies against the Sterling, and reduced orders from manufacturers.
The proposal has been largely welcomed by the industry, with a similar scheme currently being run in Germany boosting new car sales by 21% in February. Conversely, the number of new vehicle registrations in the UK fell by that very amount in the same period."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:19 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Sounds sweet until you get to the dealer only to find your getting £2,000 off there retail list price you can get that now and more in some cases if you drive a hard bargain, with the exception of the mini one that is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

although i have gen 3 the best gen of them all, i find it very sad that people are discussing scrapping there gen 1's. i think there should be a special rule that only crap uncool cars can be scrapped. many people chose to own older cars as they dont like paying the higher servicing costs etc and suffering the loss in value.

i really think this yes could get rid of alot of sheddy badly maintained heaps, but i think many perfectly good economical cars will scrapped when there perfectly healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:21 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:36 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:55 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject: Im trading mine in
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:23 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Well, im all in favour so im scrapping my gen 1 1.6se 1999 in for a fiat 500 1.2......i know....its shameful but i need something economical. im not going soft though as i recently bought a 320se bmw for the wife which i use as much as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:44 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:59 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

i tried haggling but you cant haggle much for a fiat 500 as they are selling like hotcakes. shame really as i asked for blue and me for free to sweeten the deal and they wouldnt even do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:46 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]