[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - My poor coupe :(
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:27 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: My poor coupe :(
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:37 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:17 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:29 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:32 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:36 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:38 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:40 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:52 am 

Coupe: gen3
Sounds like a new bumper required, if you ask me ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:13 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:21 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:33 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

ha... I would rather have someone drive into me than my coupe.... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:33 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Sorry to hear about your coupe mate....

I think deffinatly a new bumper........

If people are too thick to not buy a coupe..... They deserve everything they get...

:thumbup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:36 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

CLAIM CLAIM CLAIM!

Get yourself a new bumper etc, it would be a treat for the coupe as well...

You might not see it, but your boot floor could be crumpled, chasis leg bent... your bumper more likely flexed in the accident and all the internal metal work to most of the damage!

Get it atleast checked out by an insurance company etc... Don't sweep it under the carpet dude, when i slid into the back of a laguna (in my KA!) it was only going about 10-15mph not very fast, but my KA was same damage as that girls, the laguna only needed a buff on the bumper, or so it seemed... she need a new boot floor!

GET IT CHECKED OUT DUDE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:19 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

yeh, was about 10-15 mph she hit me as well :(

By boot floor, you mean where the spare wheel goes? The bumper seems on on both side, was just down the garage getting my exhaust ajusted and had a quick look... seemed fine.

Wonder how much it would cost for a new rear bumper.... has it would be nice getting one, as the previous owner did some bad touch ups at the very bottom.

EDIT: O also, the impact was just to the right of the number plate, above the exhaust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:17 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

So the back panel didn't look crumpled at all then?

Chasis leg or impact bar could be shot though...

I would definatley get in touch with her insurers, it really isn't worth risking it mate.

If it means you lose your car for a few days and you get a crappy polo rental or something...

I think as well because your car is probably classed as cat d or maybe c then if some1 tryed to claim on your insurance and they checked your car etc it could be invalid insurance becuase of the damage.

And you said about getting a new bumper, let the insurance pay for that mate!

Even if they repair the 1 you got atleast they'll do a good job becuase its a genuine insurance certified garage...

P.s. Chances are as well then you have got some damage to your chassis then if it was 1 corner that got the impact!

After everything mate, there is a chance that it might just be a rear bumper respray, but i really wouldnt want to chance it, its not going to cost you anything either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:57 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

I took it down to my local body shop, and they said it looks fine. It's costing 180 quid for a respray (+50 quid as im getting my spoiler done at the same time). And she is going to pay for it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:57 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

O also, just noticed a wierd scratch all the way down my bonnet... will get a pic. No idea how it happened but should T-Cut out. -.-

No idea how these got there... Only noticed them this morning.... They don't seem to have scratched the paint, so if you run ur finger over it you wouldn't be able to feel it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:38 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:42 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:59 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

another good 1 dude is turtle wax.

get the colour of your car obv, but comes with a chip stick, use chip stick on scratch polish out, never looked better!

and to me mate, that looks like a handbag with metal corners brushed ova your bonnet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:08 am 

That's the stuff I was on about - certainly comes with the chipstick thingy... :thumbup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:16 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:06 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

But, at the same time evn if the car needs a new bumper, it'll be classed as a cat D. If the new potential buyers check up the car with the thingy check, it'll come up and could put people off, and i think legally you have to tell them its been a cat d (even for a numberplate replacement)

Providing you are planning on selling that is......

But id play safe and get it checked, even by a garage and send the bill to her insurance. That way, it doesnt cost you anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:04 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

If you get it checked out by a garage, then take it out of her insurance, YOUR insurance wont class your car as a cat d etc...

You dont have to legally tell any1 anything, as long as it passes an MOT and not unsafe its fine.

Its up 2 you at the end of the day though mate, would you rather want peace of mind or have all sorts of problems in the past, because after a certain amount of days (45 i think, but dont quote me!) if you dont claim the accident then its invalid, and would be a pain in the ass if something started going wrong...

And turtle wax - colour magic, is it the same thing rik? lol shows how much i pay attention! :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:15 pm 

Yeah, it's the same stuff mate. Turtlewax are the makers, ColourMagic is the product ;) :thumbup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:13 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Agh yea so it is...

*as i look at my bottle of turtle wax!*

Good stuff it is! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:59 pm 

Cheers pal!!! :rollin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]