[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Road Fund (Tax) Read 'em and weep
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Road Fund (Tax) Read 'em and weep
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:58 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:29 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: gen3
Date of Registration 6 Months 12 Months Band CO2 (g/km)
1 Sep 1996 – 14 Feb 2000 £101.75 £185.00 -

Rates effective from April 2009
Date of Registration 6 Months 12 Months Band CO2 (g/km)
1 Sep 1996 – 14 Feb 2000 £101.75 £185.00

I guess this means :gen1rulez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:38 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

oh wait something different came up the second time I tried it.. now I'm more confused than ever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:41 pm 

MMMMMM!!!!

Well my motor sits in the same band and as it was registered in 2000 same goes for me :mrgreen:

So I guess 1/2 of :gen2rulez too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:44 pm 

Coupe: gen1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:30 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:43 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:46 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:19 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:52 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:54 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:12 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:28 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:47 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Mine is only going up by £30 in the next 2 years. (£430)
With oil becoming artificially inflated so the oil companies and traders make a mint. The government getting even more tax due to the increase in vat wouldn't you think daft AR*E would do another U turn and reduce fuel tax. Well after all he completes more U turns than a London black Cab. I wasn't a fan of the mess Maggie got us in to in the early years but when things settled down you got rewarded for hard work. This government just wants to bleed us all dry from the front door as well as the back. But the strangest thing of all is he wants to be liked and cant understand why we have no faith in him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:16 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

in some respects i can see it potentially going worse... There's won't be the mass mine-closures and thus mass media 'cos there's no prominent industry still going within our great nation. But with petrol being taxed as a luxury item plus gas/electricity skyrocketing as if it was a monopoly (how any1 can justify a 15% hike is beyond me - and how the government feel it unneccessary to question it just implies either how in-bed they are with the power-companies or how out of touch they are with Joe Blogg's bank account)

in the 70s there were 2 classes but we're heading towards 3 (yes, know i said 2 earlier, but ranting more now) with rich, working class and then dole-dwellers who already seem happy to live on hand-outs. Think there's a different mind-set between the latter two - some people want to earn their keep while others are happy to live on hand-outs and not even bother looking for a job let alone sticking at one. Ranted enough about dole-dwellers in the past so shant here, but would be interesting to know the % of national funds go on dole for those out of work for more than 2 out of the last 3 years, or more than 12months continual dole-claiming.

I'ld love to see any mp, let alone a "primary" one try survive on the national average sallary, doing an average number of working hours, pay for & raise 2.4 children while coping with a mortgage for the cost of a national average house. Then factor in a commute to/from work for the average distance (have a feeling it's going to be beyond cycling range and therefore add car upkeep into the mix).

Labor aren't what they were, or should be, and in a perverse train of thought, we as car-owners would probably be better off under the Tories (but would hate to think of what other things they'ld bring to the table and ruin the country more, but almost can't think of any more services apart from nhs or police that they could privatize & sell off). Lib Dems could be a nice breath of fresh air, but like a Blue Peter presenter - so desperate to get there but once they confused by the bright lights and it's not long before they're found in the changing room with powder coming out of their nose...

oh well, must stop ranting, lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
last year id driven 10 holiday tour starting in march.this year iv done 3.people aint booking holidays

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:10 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

The reason why Daz ... People are frightend to spend what savings they have ... the likes of my age group and older peeps know whats instore if the cost of fuel keeps rising , well they always say save your money for a rainy day ... i think there is a thunder storm heading our way :roll: I have just been reading online about the Spanish fuel protests ... there running out of food in certain area's ... and the shelves are empty in other's :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:41 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:01 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:27 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:09 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

The most important thing you can do is try to live within your means. Prices rising at the moment has come at the same time as the "credit crunch". The credit crunch has been coming our way for some time, it didn't take a huge amount of foresight to realise that many many people are living outside their means. Thatcherite policy led us to believe that we could have whatever we want and pay for it later. Well we are all paying for those policies now. The simple solution is "live within your means". If you want a fancy holiday, save up for it. If you can't afford to go to the same resort as your neighbour or sister-in-law, don't go. Go on holiday in Britain, keep some money on our shores (remember that none of the major tour operators are British owned, they may have English sounding names like Thomson or Thomas Cook, but they are German through and through).

I can't back this statement up, but I seem to recall reading once that people generally don't lose their houses because of the mortgage - it's the other debts they take on that foreclose and force the house repossesion. Don't spend money you haven't got. Its not a difficult concept, if you want something, SAVE UP FOR IT, don't defer the cost until later, as later you may not be able to afford it.

The fact is that fossil fuels are running out, they simply cannot last forever. If the high fuel prices make you think twice about driving 3 miles to the out of town superstore, and instead you walk to the local shops, then they have worked. Never mind the fact that the benefits of a more localised way of life are stupendously good, from making sure that money goes in the local economy, not in Cheshunt (Tesco) or the US (Asda / Walmart), to the fact that local food tastes better (it really does, I didn't believe it either until I tried a farm box scheme), and the general fitness of the population increases as more people choose to walk short journeys rather than driving slightly longer ones. People will get to know their neighbours, a sense of community will arise, meaning that bands of feral yobs will not be allowed to form. The sun will shine like it did when were children, and the winters will be full of snow.

Maybe the last bit is wishful thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:13 am 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Which ever way we look at it the car owner is the easiest target to make money out of and they continue to abuse that fact if its road tax .car insurances, parking fines ,speed cameras the list goes on and on the same applies to road tax this new banding system is just another way of making more money for government treasure chest drive road tax should be changed to annual lets just take what you have payment scheme after all the money is supposed to be spent on improving the roads etc. we should have the best roads in the world with what we pay but no we don't they have now stopped building the concrete central barriers on motorways because its becoming to expensive well hang on a minute they are getting even more money of us tax payers arnt they .
As an hgv driver and drive nationwide i get to see lots of these bad roads and improvements and i see more bad roads than good maybe its time we did what the bikers are doing and form our own go slow on the roads join up with other groups in protest thats one thing i don't see us car owners doing anything a pause for thought maybe :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:31 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

hang on im a little confused. i have a 2.0l gen 2 reg sept 2001 and it looks like im going to be hit with the big tax increase. but jammy so an sos like scout who have the same car as me but reg 2000 will be safe!?!? that hardly seems fair. a few extra months newer and the same car will cost around £100 more a year to tax. i really hate this country!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:33 am 

Ooooo and a planned strike very soon! So as well as having to pay crazy prices for tax there wont actually be any petrol to put in ur car! Gr8 stuff!

I actually love these strikes. Im always a bit disheartened to see however the level we go to on a strike in comparison to other countries. I like to see more flares and people screaming at other people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:27 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:29 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:42 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:07 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:09 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:02 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:36 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:39 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:44 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:52 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:54 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:54 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:32 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

if the grass is so much greener elsewhere, ask yourself this:

Why do more than 60% of people who emigrate from this country come back within 3 years?

Maybe the grass isn't so green.

Me? I wouldn't let then back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:36 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:39 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:40 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:25 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:27 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:22 am 

Coupe: gen1
[/quote]

Yep.

Is this country a nice place to live? We have so much here, all you need to do is open your mind to enjoy it. Nowhere else in the world has the range of scenery and terrain in such a small area - we have mountains in Scotland, plains, the best coastline in the world, greenery in the north and sub tropical climates in the south. We have health care free at the point of delivery, we have free education for all (some people even learn to spell correctly), we have very little in the way of gun crime, we have a judicial system that treats all people as equals, we have the most multicultural society in the world. We are 4 countries with 4 separate identities, yet we are all part of the greatest country in the world. We have innovators and artists, musicians beyond any other country.

Is this country a nice place to live? I've lived all over this country, I spent 7 years in Glasgow and 12 years in London. I was born, and grew up, in St. Helens, and I can understand why someone who had never lived anywhere else would think the whole country was dreadful, but it's really not. The only thing wrong with this country is the people. British people generally complain all the time, and say that everything is bad here. If more people backed Britain the place would become much happier.

Is this country a nice place to live? From my house I can be by the sea in less than half an hour. I love the sea, our country more than any other has a maritime heritage, for a long time we owned the seas. Our coastline is wonderful - as a diver, there is no other country with as many diveable wrecks and reefs as Britain. There is nowhere in Britain that is more than something like 65 miles from the coast. Also from my house I can be in the Lake Disrict in 90 minutes, the Yrkshire Moors in not much more time. I can be in Liverpool or Manchester in less than an hour, and thanks to the trains (invented where?) I can be in London in 2 hours and 10 minutes.

We are a tiny country yet our influence strides across the world like a colossus. The international language of business is English. More money passes through the city of London every day than any other financial centre in the world.

Is this country a nice place to live? If I could choose anywhere in the world to live, it would be here. It would be in a house by the sea, with mountains or moors nearby. On a sunny day, Britain rivals the very best of the mediterranean resorts.

So yes, I truly believe in my country. I love that is it 4 (or possibly 5, if you count Kernow as a separate country) countries making up a federal state. I am sad that so many people say they hate it, and if I could make just one person read this and think, actually we do have quite a lot going for us, then my work here is done. If you can't look around you and see the beauty ... OK, perhaps I mean drive out of St. Helens and THEN look around you, and see the beauty, then truly, I feel sorry for you.

Is this country a nice place to live? Have I changed your mind, even by the tiniest amount?[/quote]

your out of your tiny mind this country is sinking in a sea of imigrants, hoodies, welfare ponces and over taxation its not about how the scenery looks its about everyday things that wind people up an imigrant murders someone goes to jail but wont get deported because its against their human rights F**k their rights kick the b*****ds out and throw his family with them rather than having them ponce of the state, youve got kids going round carring knives not to do whittling like i did as a kid ohh no its to use it and to relieve another poor family of a loved one why? just so they can boast about how hard they are!!! all this goverment do is give lip service to you and me and then tax us some more, this country is an easy touch, take hook hamsa's son would he have burgled someones home in his own country with the threat of having a hand cut off i dont think so do you, hes just laughing in our faces and at our justice system. this country is no longer a nice place to live if your a law abiding citizen this country is a cr@p hole and i for one cannot wait until ive saved enough to leave it to the filth that now own our streets. rant over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:39 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:50 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:09 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next