[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - interesting news from hyundai uk
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:52 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: interesting news from hyundai uk
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:42 am 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

http://www.carpages.co.uk/hyundai/hyund ... -03-08.asp

take a read of this link, especially the last quoted paragraph....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:13 am 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

Yeh its good to hear comments like that! I just hope they do! I know with my current situation I would buy the genesis coupe and also move closer to work so I don't have to commute as far! Im just not sure whether I believe it! I mean in my eyes I do think the Genesis Coupe is as good/better than any 350Z or Audi TT but i just have my doubts that it will ever hit UK waters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:24 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:35 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Sorry to put a downer on it but if you know Hyundai's management that means - We probably wont . They promised an Accent SR with a 2.0 turbo which never arrived and others too. Unfortunately over here its a half arsed attitude from Hyundai which needs to change rather quickly as people are realizing that and the cars they produce are not cheap anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:33 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Just to add look at the Irish Hyundai site. Compare it to the English one and see what I mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:45 pm 

so... the irish hyundai team have better web designers than english ones :rollin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:33 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:36 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:28 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
the trouble is,as essex tech says hyundai make alot of false promises-look at the gen 1 convertible-what a stunner that was-and for years we heard promises they were gonna do one and they never did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

but so do loads of other car makers, point being you can ony buy what they sell and for the money you cant buy that spec or looks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:18 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I think you have miss my point. What Hyundai are saying is that if everybody flocks to dealers asking about the GC then they MIGHT think about importing it. In other words they will not take the risk whereas other manufacturers would. In the past they have ie the first Coupe but thats when they were a fledgeling company. I should imagine we would only get the turbo anyway as the emissions will probaly kill the V8 before it comes here unless its something special. I have this sneaking suspicion that this GC is not going to be under 20k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:27 pm 

i do see what you mean.
the part about being under £20K, is a bit of a dream, more likely £25000 would be the figure i think.

they did say it would be the cheapest RWD 300 BHP car on the market! just wonder what the competition is costing at. but correct me if i am wrong but the initial US figure was about $24K.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]