[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - BYE BYE TO THE SIII
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:30 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ] 
 Post subject: BYE BYE TO THE SIII
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:29 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

It's been a hard decsion to make but the practical side of me has taken over and the SIII is going on the 28th MARCH. Getting a family car, Vauxhall Astra, for the sake of the little one, and also the rising costs of tax etc. It will be a sad day but I will have fond memories of owing two of the best cars you can buy, my 03 plate and the SIII.
I would like to say thanks to all the people on here who make you feel so welcome. I will also be removing my front and rear strut brace and the K&N replacement filter. If any one is interested PM me with a decent offer.
:( :puke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:11 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII
Nooooo! :cry

Martyn....really sorry for you, mate!
Have to agree that these crippling fuel/tax rises are taking a lot of the fun out of driving my SIII too at the moment!

Hope you get a decent price for the car. :thumbup

All the best for you & your family...was nice to meet you at Brum.

Chris.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:44 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Sorry to hear your news, but fully understand the reasons.
I have to confess that the recent budget sent shivers through me and my S111. She's a sensitive soul and thought she might be traded in for a Prius, but what the hell, you only live once and so I decided no matter what the cost I couldn't part with her.
She rewards me with an exciting and enjoyable experience which is hard to find in these financially difficult times. I don't have the commitments I once had, so it's easier for me to fight the inevitable.
Therefore until the government introduces a culling policy for all vehicles in excess of 1000cc, I'll keep trucking and stick two fingers up at them. (And one finger of the other hand).
Uncle Buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:14 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Just doesn't seem fair these crippling fuel and tax issues, especially when its supposed to be for green issues...like a small country like ours would make much difference when you have fat Americans and their fat fuel guzzlers. Makes me sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:53 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
Actually we're one of the worst countries in the world after the USA for CO2 emissions. Our country is small, but our population's over 60 million, we're quite a densely-populated country.

Nevertheless I am against the tax hikes, not just for financial reasons but because it won't make life and the environment better here. I'm saving up for a Gen 3 and this puts me off... but I love the look of them so much so I'm still probably going to get one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:35 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I will be sorry to see the SIII go and it has been great owning 2 coupes. When I meet my mid life crisis I will see if there is a Gen 9 or something that I can own once more!!!!

I did get a good deal on the SIII whcich helped me make the decsion. Just hope she goes to someone who will look afte her and enjoy her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:40 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

aahhh mate. gutting..!!!

are you getting a petrol astra or diesel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:30 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Getting a petrol 1.4 on an 07 plate. It is going to be so much cheaper to run and will make life a little easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:35 pm 

oh yeah, no doubtthe coupe is a guzzler mate.

hope it all goes well for ya too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:21 pm 

Coupe: gen3
Sorry to hear the news, I think a 1.4 is going to take some getting used to. Hope you can find the wherewithall to join in the fun again one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:20 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:47 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:51 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:53 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:58 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:08 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww mate sorry the Coupe is going , but we and all the Coupe owners wish you all the best for the future ;) and hey your still invited to come along to the meets ;) just leave the Astra at home :lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:26 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:16 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:43 pm 

Yep I think I will be going next too. my 300 mile weekly commute is really punishing me now. Possibly will be swapping to a Leon FR TDI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:46 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:17 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:02 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:03 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Well the SIII has now gone, but it hasn't been without its hiccups. I receieved a call form the Vauxhall garage the day before collection telling me that they had sold the car to someone else and they had already collected it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took them 11 days to relaise the mistake and the cheeky gits said they had a replacement for me to collect and I hadn't even seen it. As you may guess, I cancelled my order and got my money back!!!! A letter of complaint is on the way to them as they must have breached some laws by selling a car I had paid and signed for?
Anyway, I found a 57reg, black Astra SXI 5 door at an Arnold Clark franchise for the same price and they gave me a better deal too. The Vauxhall garage did me a favour, but if anyone here is thinking of buying a car from Halesowen Motor House, Dudley Road, then think twice!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:11 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Well it's good to here you had a happy ending :thumbup :thumbup and its good of you to name and shame people who don't no what there doing , enjoy your new motor mate ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:05 pm 

Hi,
If you have made payment and have a receipt for payment to purchase the car, and the specific car details are on the receipt, then I would say the car was yours unless there were proviso's written into the receipt (see small print). I would add that I believe that in the case of a cheque, it has to have been tendered and cash received by the garage to constitute payment made. This gets around the stopped cheque scam. I also believe that a similar situation exists for credit and debit card payments. Cash payments accepted constitute a contract but HP agreements are not something I've had experience of but I believe the car remains the property of the HP company until two thirds of the total has been paid.
If it's yours, then they've technically stolen it by acting as owners themselves and disposing of it to a third party.
I would think that there's a case for compensation at least.
Might be wise to seek advice from trading standards or consumer advice center first to clarify the facts and your rights.
The fact that it worked in your favor should be kept on the QT as they may wish to reduce any compensation that might be offered.
Uncle Buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:22 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Coupe: Other
Sorry you've had to sell the SIII, I totally understand, hence the little black penny racer I'm currently driving!
<--------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:57 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:00 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:57 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:49 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]