[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Advice 4a friend needed. Please help...
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: Advice 4a friend needed. Please help...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 am 
Picking up a bit of speed

ok first, this has nothing to with me, my coupe is just fine!

my friend, who we will call person A, had a car accident on Monday evening
this was during the heavy rain, thunder & lighting
so what happend, a car infront of person A, who we will call person B, was driving along, when a predestrian ran out onto a zebra crossing, causing person B to do an emergency stop, person A when into the back of person B, nothing serious, everybody was ok.

unfortunatley person's A MOT expired a week ago, this obviously voids the insurance, but the damagae caused to persons B car was only minor, just damage to the back bumper, and they both agreed there was no need to go through the insurance and person A will just pay out for the repair work...

person A recievs a phone call today, person B wants to go tough the insurance company, he/she now claims there is more damage, back bumper, parking sensors, dent in tail gate and bent exhaust.

person A only has 3rd party insurance, the car is a write off so it doesnt matter about that, now the question is...

is it possible to get a "MOT certificate" from a dodgy garage inexhange for £££?

if person B wants to claim, person A will have to pay out alot, and would rather it go through the insurance now, the insurance people wont care about person's A car, and its only 3rd party insurance, and due to the nature of the accident, so wont check person A car anyway, therefore none of this would go back to the dodgy garage.

the only other question i have is, if th accidnet happend 2 days ago, and the MOT expired 1 week ago, is it still possible to get a MOT certificate made up, or does it get logged to a goverment database the same day it is issued?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:40 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

The fact hat person A chose to drive around without an MOT and, therefore, without insurance, leaves me with no sympathy for him, though it could be suggested that he forgot?

However, the accident obviously reminded him yet he still didn't bother getting an MOT, which leaves me thinking that he's quite happy to drive around without an MOT and uninsured. I think he deserves to get shafted good and proper. :(

And yes, he has no chance of getting a dodgy MOT test, can't be done anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:27 am 

Coupe: gen3
I have never been asked for my MOT when I've had an accident. Get your mate to put the claim in It should go through.

You do not need tax or MOT to obtain insurance it only becomes an issue when the police are involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:48 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Check the small print on the insurances terms and conditions as the only two I can think of is that the car has to be registered in the policy holders name and you have to have a eu driving licence. I have not come across MOT being an issue with insurance. I have a friend who has a 1969 Mini Cooper that has not been taxed or MOT'd for three years and he still insures it incase it gets stolen or damaged.
Tell Person A to keep up with his MOT's and if stopped by the Police, it can be taken as seriously as no insurance and have his motor seized!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:00 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

I'm fairly sure an MOT has no standing unless there's some issue with the road worthiness of the car causing an accident (brakes not working, for example). Why does your mate take the risk of driving without MOT even though he thinks it invalidates his insurance? It's not a case of forgetfulness as even after the shunt he didn't bother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:01 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

thought all MOTs are now registered into a central computer database so no way to get a back-dated one.

the only time i can think that anyone can drive a car without a MOT is when on the way to get one. But, if this happened in the evening/night there's no way anyone could claim they were on the way to a garage.

realistically, if I was person B I would claim against A's insurance. End of the day it's not his fault and will get cash either through person A's third-party, or could probably sue for losses if the insurance wont pay out. However you look at it it was person A's fault for running up his arse irrespective of whether he has a MOT or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:47 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:58 pm 

ok, it was a girl, who had 3rd pary insurance, & forgot 2 get a mot done. her previous mot expired a week before.

derek has found the loop hole
"the only time i can think that anyone can drive a car without a MOT is when on the way to get one. But, if this happened in the evening/night there's no way anyone could claim they were on the way to a garage."

now where she was goin was to her parents, who have a mot garage literally 30 seconds further down the road, she could say she was goining there, and this was before 6pm, so they would have still been open. so now she could cliam that she was on her way to the mot place.

so the damage to person's B car can be payed out by the insurance of person A.

very good people, problem solved, i will let you know what happens...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:15 pm 

p.s.... the accident happend 3 mins from the garage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:56 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:24 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:24 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:35 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:05 am 

Post subject: tut tut!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:18 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:48 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:55 pm 

Can we get a picture of your car with the date on the picture and a scan of your current MOT :fingers

Just kidding mate lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:01 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]