[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Can't wait!!!! *its on*
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can't wait!!!! *its on*
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:08 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

At last my blower has arrived.

Can't wait to get it on.

They now come with engine mounts too. That was a nice shock.

Ill post once its fitted, then once on the dyno. Later I'll have a unichip, so I'll have another dyno again.

Last edited by Johnv6 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:23 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

:love now that should make a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:57 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

WOW! and um.....WOW!

Oh yeah....WOW!

You are gonna have the most wicked V6 in the whole wide world! Let's hope that the supercharger howls when you're lettin' rip!

350bhp at least! 5 mpg at most!

Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:57 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

OMG you will have the first V6 Supercharged in the UK.

You doing the work yourself? if not i would love to know the cost of haveing it done as i am still looking to turbo mine.

Also does that come with a piggy back ECU? or a new one altogether? or does it run from the OEM one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:28 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

WOW, OMG, YUMMY, What more can you say ? that thing is gonna fly, looks a nice bit of kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:47 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

thanks guys.

Well Phil, the yanks normally run standard, yes standard ecu's. But run 91ron fuel LOL. Well our normal is 95!

They sometime use a fuel tuner or maf upgrade. I'll be straight down to dastek in newport and will be getting a unichip.

One of my mates is an engineer for Hyundai. He thinks it will take half a day to do. A few months back his dealership was thinking about selling the kit, so he knows abit about it.

Can't wait. Theres one or two body mods but I like to think its quite a sleeper. I want a scooby slayer. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:53 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

tis gonna bring new meaning to the words "BEAST from the EAST"

:drool

Post subject: supercharged
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:31 pm 
Trader

sorry guys but that isn't the first supercharged V6 in the Uk I know of at least 3 others that had theirs done months ago :bang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:30 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:51 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:06 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

im excited for you, so who knows how u feel! im very interested in buyin one of these kits myself, so any info you can share would be much appreciated! especially as im a complete novice in this area!

good luck with the fitting, looking forward to seeing the pics!

steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:29 pm 

hi mate can't wait 2 c it when its all done gonna look the tits!

Stanton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:12 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

keep us updated.....its going to be amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:16 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Coupe: Other
I hope the install goes more smoothly that my gen1 supercharger, the engine mounts are a good bonus as mine got mashed :)

Last edited by Xorro on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:30 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

I've got an armchair pulled up to this thread. Is that a stage 1? I'm just guessing by the charge cooler on the manifold, I believe the slightly cheaper stage 0 doesnt have one. Is it polite to ask about cost of importing that?

Glynn of the big eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:11 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

its a stage 0 kit. All the kits use the same intake manifold, hence the writing.

There was a 10whp difference with stage 0 and 1. Which would make me think the charger doesn't get that hot. If it does I might use aqua injection, but well will see.

The stage 1 is also much harder to fit and $700 more.

Stage 0 is $2400 = about £1350. Import was 10% plus vat @17.5. Worked out around £330.

I had free shipping, as alpine had a christmas offer.

Its going on tomorrow morning, fingers crossed!!

It only runs 4psi so shouldn't be too bad on the engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:18 pm 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

Coupe: Other
John,

I got 6-8 psi on mine with shaving 2mm of the s/c pulley, so 4 should be very safe.

Water inj is OK, just don't forget plenty of anti-freeze in the winter! :o

Post subject: other supercharged V6
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:02 pm 
Trader

1 guy in Bournemouth - Dave Skinner - had it for a while
1 guy in Jersey - Barry had it about a month
1 guy Mike had it about 6 months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:31 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Matt ,

you don't just have the kit for a month!

Once on you can't go back, alot of cutting shutting is involved!

Started yesterday at 10, finished at 4.

then main issue is the kit is made for left hand drive cars not uk ones.

Alot of messing with cables :(

I'll write up about it later, not got time at the moment. but chr!st it fast now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:18 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

ooohhh excited!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:42 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thanks for the advice Xorro.

Well first pic with old intake off.

just put the charger on

problem no 1. the new belt is 2mm under the powersteering pipe, which as already been moved. We'll have to try pushing it a bit more as it has rubbed.

problem no2, the kit is meant for a left had drive car, so the throttle cable is too short. to get over this we removed all the brackets to the inner wing the pic below aint great but it shows how tight the cable is now. prob no3, because of prob 2 I'll lost cruise contol :( , well for now anyway, I'll get it to work!!!

looks messy but sensor cables had to be extented. alpine say only the the one needs doing, but 2 more for the throttle body do too. I'll cover them up with cable protectors later.

prob 4, my k&n can't except the air pressure sensor, so while i wait to have a new pipe made its taped up.

the throttle body is rotated 90 degrees hence why no sensor cables reach!

ive swapped my k&n around so its upsidedown to fit the new angle. also note the long breather pipe, which is cut up air hose :)

this shows the overall engine

prob 5, the earth strap had to be removed as the rear lift eye was ditched, so we decided to bolt it to the charger.

I've got a few things to tidy, cables new intake pipe etc, but I'm not far off and she runs great.

I've got to seek help from alpine about the cruise contol and the charger is making a slight grinding/scoring sound?!? Hope they put oil in it :)

The worst that could happen is it could stick and sufficate the engine. The belt runs off the powersteering / alternator / aircon pulleys, so if that snaps I'll loose them and the car will run off battery power only.

From now on I'll change the oil every 5k, and check it all the time as with the increase pressure it might push oil past the rings and burn off.

Oh and one last point, most yanks on newtib say 2-3 hours install, now I know the UK car is different, but my mate started at 10 and finished at 4, and we still havn't fitted the engine mounts or finished it off yet!

Once tidy, I'll post up better pics.

Thanks all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:36 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

likeing the look of that mate. what BHP do you think it is running? also have you had to upgrade any cooling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:37 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:56 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:52 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Well nice would love to that to mine but it will void warranty!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:35 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Hows your fuel consumption John, notice any difference?

Glynn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:31 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

looks ace mate, cant wait to see it in action at a show somewhere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:42 pm 

looks sweet mate great job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:03 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I'm not seeing any pictures!!!! Why???? Everybody else obviously is! Damn.

Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:33 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

You should see the pics Jim, they are only hosted on my site, nothing special.

It's 100% worth it.

I'm going to be at japfest this year, I'll be on the track too. Might take it to other shows, not sure yet.

Glynn, driving normal I've probably lost 1 or 2 mpg under normal driving. Under hard driving however, is very different. I had half a tank on the gauge and the computer was showing 50 miles to refill :shock:

I've lost the huge induction noise :( but Its been replaced with a massive whine. Imagine a cat screaming crossed with a milk float, and your half way there! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:37 pm 

Sounds different then bet its gonna wake a few people in the morning if your an early bird!

O and jimmy nice signature...

Stanton :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:42 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

how do u do those sigs stanton! make me 1 :roll: :D

steve

p.s. iv gotta get me one of those bad boy blowers! i think thats a good price aswell, especially for 230+ bhp!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:46 pm 

Hi ya mate my friend did this 4 me but if you send me some pics of your car ill c if he will do u 1!

What r you looking 4 on it. like mine or u got something else in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:47 pm 

Hi ya mate my friend did this 4 me but if you send me some pics of your car ill c if he will do u 1!

What r you looking 4 on it. like mine or u got something else in mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:50 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

cool, cheers! it has to be mean but yeah, somethin similar to yours but wit a v6 sign in there somewhere!

how shall i get the pics to u?

steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:15 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:28 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

gotta say it looks a really nice bit of kit now it's on, i think all the aftermarket parts have a few fitting issues, i had problems with my airram being tight to the bulkhead but with a lot of patience it all went together. with that fitted i bet that v6 must perrr like a kitty cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:27 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

thanks all, I'm getting a induction pipe made up with some samcos tomorrow, so that will be one issue solved. As for the throttle cable; I might clamp an extention throttle cable (the type used if you snap the standard one) on to lengthen it.

The car is running standard ecu, so I doubt its that powerfull at the moment. but 230 shouldnt be too far off. I was going to fit a unichip, but I'm now thinking about omex 700. I know someone with a charged focus st170 running 307bhp with it!

So far I've left a alfa gtv 3.0 and easily past a mk5 gti golf. So she's pretty rapid.

My clutch is buggered tho :(

Keeps burning, not a nice smell. It was being a pig before, so I'm not shocked.

She can be quite hard to drive, you have to learn to use the power. Sunday in the wet at 80mph I changed into 5th and I had wheel spin, just a little but it did!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]