[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Overhaul Complete
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:43 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Overhaul Complete
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:48 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Finished the mods today and here are the pics
List of mods are
Airram inlet manifold
290cc injectors
WALBRO 255LH fuelpump
62mil BBTB
Phenolic Inlet spacer
Highlift Inlet Cam
Fidanza Flywheel & Stage 1 clutch
New OEM Lambda Sensors (front & rear)
MAG KV85 leads with DENSO uridium plugs
Oil Catch Tank with Breather
SR Volt Stabiliser
SR Ground Wire Kit (not pictured on some pics)

Last edited by Reaper on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:48 am, edited 10 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Overhaul Complete
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
looking good reaper! :thumbup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:54 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
Yep looking really good :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:55 pm 

Very nice mate...

I'm just slightly jealous :o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:10 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

NICE NICE NICE

Now get it dynod in WHP (or ask the transmittion loss % they use) NOW NOW NOW!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:42 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I'll get a dyno done but i'm going to get an ECU remap first. Going to fit ARK coilovers then i'll pop down MIJ PERFORMANCE to remap & dyno. All this has emptied my pockets

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:09 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

remap? with what

If they say they can remap the stock ecu, then theyre ripping you off ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:30 pm 

Yeah, what was it yer man saw from his £500 superchip - cant rememer exactly but it wasn't worth it, about 5hp?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Stock ECU can be remaped but you'll have a hard job in this country finding someone who will. Soulfulracing sell remaped stock ECU's with thier performance packs. MIJ PERFORMANCE say they can do it but i don't know if they'll chip it & remap or what. I can't really say to much at the mo because i'm still looking into the best ways to take the ECU so i can get the most from the mods but at the end of the day it'll be done one way or the other. Thanks for all the comments, appreciate it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:34 pm 

a remap on even a standard car would net you 10-15hp, even more in cases where things are tuned.

ill guess around 165BHP with a decent remap

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:47 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:01 pm 

wow looks ace mate! well done :thumbup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:43 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:20 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Looking good mate.

Love the Air-ram. Anything that sticks up over an engine like that means business

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:56 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:48 pm 

Meant to ask earlier, mate - what make of exhaust header are you running? That is one fat-looking pipe peeping out from under the hotplate!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:21 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

yeah the airram is design genius. A fantastically crafted piece of kit

i love the look of them - and the rest looks great too!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:44 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:03 pm 

looks nice mate!

couple of questions, how much did the walbro cost, and how much of a pain in the arse is it to fit?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:15 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Last edited by Reaper on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:52 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:15 pm 

Looks good, but I've not heard of those before. Any chance of a pic with the hotplate off? ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:23 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:40 pm 

Doubt they can get one for my current ride, fella :thumbup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

very impressive :thumbup

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:37 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Nice one, looks like a lot of work has gone into it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:38 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:43 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

One thing i've noticed with the car after doing these mods is i'm getting NO hoover type noise from the CAI. The first CAI i had was a PC & it was prity noisy on idle, i then had a FUJITA & that sounding sort of the same, like a hoover i say. But since finishing the overhaul there is absolutely NO noise from the CAI at all, it's quiet as a nuns bedroom on friday night. Not that i'm complaining

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:34 pm 

Thats probably down to the Airram - being a freer-breathing unit it is probably not generating the suction that the OE one does. Thats good BTW, means less of a restriction for the engine to fight against :thumbup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:21 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Oh yeah as promised, header pics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:29 pm 

Nice one, that looks a really well put together system. Like the long runners where it goes to 2 and then to 1 right by the flexy. Looks to me like they are trying to get the best of both the 4-2-1 and the 4-1.

Looking forward to the dyno results for this beastie :thumbup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:47 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:59 pm 

Yeah, no worries ;) Oh yeah, whats that shiny long thing with the blue anodised end pieces on the right of the lower pic of the headers?

Can't quite make it out on my screen...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:40 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:29 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

yeah sorry the maintec one :lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:29 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:23 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I brought the engine damper before the poly mounts & i wouldn't say the damper complements the mounts. Basically the poly mounts are that tough that the engine hardly moves enough to bring the damper into play, so it's buy one or the other. In my opinion go for the poly mounts. Another thing to remember is NOT to stiffen up the engine too much as it can vibrate a lot & your MAF doesn't like vibration, too much vibration

Last edited by Reaper on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:24 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

:thumbup

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:42 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

As said earlier i was going to tune the ECU. After some personal research & discussion with MIJ i have decided to open the ECU & take the chip out as doing a rewrite on the factory chip is hard, before doing this i'll upload the factory base program off the chip & make a note of ECU numbers (on outside of ECU). I'll then install a new chip that can easily take a rewrite, then download the factory code back on to it. Once that's done then chuck the car on the dyno & re-map the ECU. Jobs done & should be a walk in the park

Last edited by Reaper on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:50 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

what chip do you replace it with?? must be a delicate job.. sounds good idea though =)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:26 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:21 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

let me know how it runs afterwards.. got feeling should run quite good!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:58 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:52 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

yh that should be good!! btw can you let me know what vacuum lines u ran where on air ram?? various input connectors just want to know what goes where, specially the big chunky one underneath lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:08 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

i have managed to get one yes =) i see so you made a bracket and just ran a hose frm the chunky one? you always have the ideas haha.. how did you mod it??

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:41 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next