Finally got the Siii console with Gen3 climate control unit cut and moulded in fitted... wires spliced into the Gen3 controls so no wires were cut and can be swapped back for the old units easily and still have them as spares
Big thanks to Spider for helping with the splicing, I got the DIY from newtib (link can be provided if needed but can't be bothered trawling) and the guy that did the console moulding was a local car audio buff that was recommended by a friend as he did my mate's custom car-pc console etc, works for a company called dpaudio and I can hook people up if they want to go the same route, all is needed is an Siii console fascia and Siii switches
As you can see the climate control unit still has major hotspot issues, also I broke one of the wire connector clips so I didn't have enough to wire up the outside temperature meter on the Siii console, it is now taking random signals from somewhere behind the console from all the wires back there, and started at 0 degrees, and kept rising, now it is settled around 43 degrees... feels pretty cold considering! Lol. I'll sort that out along with the hotspots in due time
I also got the Gen3.5 rear lights fitted (the main reason I was visiting Spider in the first place lol). We took some step by step pictures to make a how-to as the newtib ones have lost the pictures
but seem to have not taken the before and after ones... I was SURE I did
so I'll work on that too
EDIT: Also a note that the front and rear foglights, as well as the hazard button and clock work PERFECTLY, and keen eyes will notice something else that I have already mentioned a while ago I did but a lot of people wouldn't have paid much attention to no doubt hehe.