[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - My Soon to be supercharged F2 Evolution
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Soon to be supercharged F2 Evolution
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:29 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Engine
4-2-1 stainlesss steel obx exhaust manifold
200 cell sports cat
Pipercross viper cold air induction kit
Magnecor 8mm HT leads
Denso iridium spark plugs
F2 evolution Cams

Exterior
Standard F2 evolution body kit
F2 evolution Wheels
F2 Evolution spoiler
SFR eyelids
Pipercross Cold air feed

Interior
F2 evolution dials
Alpine IDA-X305 headunit
Vibe 6x9's
Vibe amp

Next modifications
NGM Enforcer Supercharger (on order)
SFR Valeo hyper racing clutch (on order)
BBTB

Attachments:
7.jpg
7.jpg [ 63.49 KiB | Viewed 19640 times ]
5.jpg
5.jpg [ 55.9 KiB | Viewed 19642 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 49.11 KiB | Viewed 19642 times ]

Last edited by sidewinder1987 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: My Soon to be supercharged F2 Evolution
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:31 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
did you get the fly wheel with the clutch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:32 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Na it was 200 extra dollars :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:34 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

lol, i know, i bought it, its good practice to change the fly when you change the clutch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:39 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

perhaps i will modify my order :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:41 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

if you get a light weight fly then xpect abit of clutch judder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:55 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

Coupe: gen1
Sorry not a fan of that air intake :thumbdown Rest of the car looks good tho :thumbup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:13 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

id of put the air intake more round to the front so the air is forced up when driving.
but then if you have a supercharger on the way it wouldnt make much differance lol

good luck with the project

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:51 pm 

Coupe: gen3
Ah jealous of the X305... I've got the X001 and want to upgrade to the newer one that you've got lol.

Not a fan of the intake but each to his own lol. Should be impressive when complete. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:18 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

That's strange because NGM don't make or sell superchargers for the gen 1 coupe, nor can you buy them from http://www.importshark.com who are an exporter for NGM. I was looking to supercharge my Coupe before i did the other mods & contacted NGM direct to enquire. They said they only produce these for 2002 onwards & mainly only for the V6 Tib

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:32 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Nice coupe, however the intake wouldnt be to my taste.

can i ask a few questions about the exhaust. I pressume you kept the std rear section, and just replaced the manifold, and got a decat.

can i asked where you sourced your manifold, and your decat (if it bolt in/out) and how much? PM if requird.

i also want to know what sort of increase in noise it offers, problem being is that I wouldnt want a big increase, jsut subtle.

does it and the filter give a noticable improvement over standard, as I find the 2.0 a very ''lazy''and ''rev unhappy'' engine as standard, more than likely down to the restricitive inlet manfiold, std cat and manifold being restrictive.

cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:58 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
i have glasses for sale if you need them mr lidl....
thats a gen 3.5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:10 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Gen 3.5 engine all the way. You can even very clearly see the gen 3.5 idle control valve bolted on the top right next to the throttle body. I'm surprised that picture was posted saying gen1/2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:16 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

I've not seen a gen 3 engine without the plastics.. there's not much of a difference?

(didnt click the pic was of the same car as the one at the bottom of the page ;))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:19 pm 

for supercharging you would be best off speaking to Zoe about it and having a read of "supercharged coupe".

Whatever you are looking at, dont skimp on anything, it will only come round and bite you in the bum at a later date

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

and to think i let you tell me off................... :rollin

so how does sidewinder intend to get this kit to fit?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:54 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Agreed the engine does look similar with the plastic cover off but on Importshark it state's 2002+. The NGM just won't fit because it's designed for the gen3+ with all the pulley fittings, idle valve fittings, control unit etc etc. That other company made them for the Gen1, Alpine i think but they have gone the way of the do-do. Like i said before i contacted NGM & they said their supercharge units are available for 2002 tib models onwards. They do them for 2Ltr but i got the feeling when i spoke to them that they are only interested in V6's. They also went a bit quiet when asked about after care, future problems & parts. And after i was quoted $4500 (around £3000ish) for a stage 0 i thought "stick that one". I hope no one minds me saying this & i don't want to cause offence but i think sidewinder maybe winding us all up on this one

Question. Does anyone else computer keep freezing & playing up on this thread?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:09 pm 

that is the kit, not available direct from alpine anymore but there may be the odd one still located in companies, aswell as second hand units.

that is just one ready-made kit too, there will be more than one available

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:19 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

well pictures speak a thousand words ;)

Its only a mechanical, belt driven system - the mp62 should suffice to fit on a gen 1 etc etc

Very jealous, will be watching closely. Youre going for what i always wanted to do with the '1, but never did and had to buy another one to start all over again :lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

yes it does - takes millions of years to post

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:56 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life
Yep, the Coupe is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:51 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:11 am 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

who do they think showed you where they were? :rollin :rollin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:06 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:26 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

sidewinder1987, how much did the kit cost you (pre import tax etc) and what sc comes with the kit?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]