[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - My black Gen 3 2.0
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:53 pm

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: My black Gen 3 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:45 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII
....looks nice - any plans on it at all ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:54 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
Coupe: gen3
love black ones they always look good

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:55 pm 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Very nice :thumbup

I considered getting lambo hinges too, but they just lead to problems

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:57 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

defo get rid of that aerial!!!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow that is one sweet ride!love it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:46 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

That is 1 sweet looking coupe, wish mine was black, it looks really cool, but then any colour looks cooler than silver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:49 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: SIII
....does look nice in black

Lambo doors - do they not hike up the insurance by mega loads ?

...and are you looking at debadging completely or rebadging ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:21 pm 
Yep, the Coupe is my life

Nice looking Coupe - I've never had a black car, about time I did :thumbup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:06 pm 

Lambo doors can be a swine to fit properly, and can chew up the electrical wiring that feeds the mirror etc. Not sure about that insurance increase figure, never heard that before.

As for induction kit you can't go wrong with a Short Ram Induction kit, IMHO - sounds great. Don't pay too much either, K&N etc are a ripoff. You're paying for the badge ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:12 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

a guy the was on here with a 2.0 had an induction kit, Gaz, remember it at the dublin meet it was some noise!!!

there will be serious mods done for the cork meet now!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:16 pm 

Wish you could have heard my homemade one, Paul - took it to North Wales and it sounded ace in the tunnels up to Bangor with the XS system at full howl :drool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

really tempted to get one....

was it really good Rik?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 pm 

Yes mate, seriously. I got a cheap CAI off eBay and binned most of the pipework (eventually) to make an SRI. Sorted a cold feed and job done. PM if you want more info - don't wanna hyjack Suzannie's thread ;)

But yeah, well worth it!

Last edited by Rik'n'Vik on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:30 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

cool will do if im gettin one....next months commission is disappering fast!!!

sorry for robbing the thread, suzannie i think u should get one! :thumbup vrrrrooooooomm haha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:57 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

nice nice uve done more than most people have!!
why do u need your bonnet resprayed?? mine could do with that too! how much u reckon it would cost?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:11 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:42 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
Very sweet looking Gen 3! :thumbup

mossey a good quality respray for a bonnet will be around £200 professionally done. Same for all panels.

And I'm guessing internal aerials would be difficult to fix or where to fit one without it looking stupid/causing interference hence why most cars have exterior ones. Plus removing the aerial leaves the rubber mount which you'd have to get rid of neatly to make it worthwhile. You could always hook an electric one that closes down at your will... it's all about how far you are willing to go. I'm not sure about mine yet. :confused

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:13 am 
Super Acceleration
Super Acceleration

Not sure about performance gains on a 2l, but that isn't much different than the more expensive types. Just hasn't got a fancy name on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:22 am 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

Coupe: gen3.5
No such thing as big BHP gains for low prices! :b

But I have the K&N Apollo Induction kit for my 2.0, sounds nice and looks good as well as a million mile warranty, but no real difference in power. Will be better suited to supercharger etc since right now the engine doesn't really have the ability to go fast and doesn't therefore require aftermarket induction at a factory level of tune.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 am 
Picking up a bit of speed
Picking up a bit of speed

I've got the Sri done at the min and it does sound cracking!! Thinking of throwing a drop in panel filter instead tho but also thinking of goin cai! Just to see what's the difference, been meaning to run a cold air feed to it for ages!! If ya don't wanna buy anything yet I'll throw the Sri onto your car at the meet nd ya can see what ya think! As for debadging! Good girl I think it looks epic, I've de badged front nd bk of mine! Just really like the flat look!

But yea if I was to have a gen 3 would have to be in black! Looks gorgeous Hun! Nd those wheels r beautiful!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:26 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:43 pm 

Mine was homemade from a kit that was previously a CAI. Looked pretty similar to that one that Mick found, but had an extra 8" of straight tubing after the 45deg elbow. That had the IAT sensor in place, and then Cone on the end to finish it.

You'll find some pics of the engine bay in - it'll give you an idea. Can't find the pic of the engine bay alone, so you'll have to have a scroll. The best pic of the SRI is the entry dated Sun Oct 12, 2008 @ 9:34 pm ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:20 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:42 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:27 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]