[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site Forum • View topic - Few problems with the new site
The UK Hyundai Coupe Site
Main Site    Coupe Models    Gallery    News    Supercharged Coupe    Readers Coupes    Links    Tuning    Events    D.I.Y.   Privacy Policy
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:02 am

Unfortunately no new posts or members are permitted,
however the forums will remain as an archive to retain all the useful information collected over the years.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome Guest! Feel free to peruse the site, or Register to get the full benefits.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ] 
 Post subject: Few problems with the new site
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:01 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen2
Is it just me or is this new site quite simply just a pain to use? Especially when you compare to what we just "upgraded" from?

Post subject: Re: This new site is ridiculous!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:04 pm 
Coupe pedal-car
Coupe pedal-car

Coupe: gen3
i find it hard to use you cannot go back to the main menu page very easily and maybe just me but do we no longer have garages

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:06 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Its just got teething problems that will be fixed im sure!the old site didnt become great overnight, just takes time to add the feautres we all loved! i like the black and red tho. i design websites in work and always try to use black and red think it looks great!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:07 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
i find it very easy but then iv got used to other boards on this-i think its better tbh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:08 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

the red is stupid, on the page with the list of forums you can't read what it says at all ... so that needs changing ... and surely it was simple logic to have a homepage link? or is that just me?

and Daz, most of it is pretty simple as it is the same, but its just the homepage link and the text colouring that are a pain.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:14 pm 
Picking up a bit of speed

The homepage link is getting sorted and for now if you click the pic of the coupe at the top, it takes you to the index.

The garage i think will be put on at a later date.

But i do agree the red WRITING needs changing. I believe all thew older stuff can be put on this new style and this is only day 1 of the change!

Chin up mate, it will :mrgreen: get sorted!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:14 pm 

The main problem I've got is the Red text on Grey background. As in I can't read any of the red text :aargh :bang

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:16 pm 
My Coupe owns me!
My Coupe owns me!

Location: anywhere in europe at any one time......but mostly sandbach
yep it needs time to bed in.nobody is comfortable with change-you'll get used to it?
the issue needs looking at of colours though.cant have board with no hutchy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:22 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:28 pm 

I think its a good start and its in the right direction, the old site was badly outdated. Normally new websites still in its "teething" stage get hosted in parallel rather then just completely changing with things needing to be added still. That way people can test the site while others who dont want to be the guinea pigs have the old site to revert back to. It must be hard to do this site in your spare time, dont know why everyone is whinging. Although colours need to be more friendly for people with eye sight issues

Last edited by StevieD on Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:29 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Coupe: Other
ffs hutchy, we get the point m8, im sure itll be sorted but it aint just gona happen over night, we ALL wanted the new board and weve got it all the teething probs will get sorted ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:24 pm 
Free-wheeling
Free-wheeling

i prefer the way it used to be

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Coupe: gen3.5
not sure if I like it or not :b definitely finding the missing forum navigation annoying though! :bad

Post subject: few problems with the new site
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:46 pm 
Red-lining
Red-lining

Post subject: Re: Few problems with the new site
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:07 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

the page layout is nicer see and read, looks more modern and is brighter.

agree the lack of navigation back to the forum index and sections when you've read a post is annoying.

and please can we change the colour of the unread posts from red, its difficult to see and against the black back ground.

I know this a new upgrade so please i hope xorror/macker and the mods dont take any critism harshly, its just user feedback for everyones benefit and the site's development. on the whole tho i really like the new bolder layout :thumbup

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:19 am 

I think people need to slow down a bit. It's a new system and it needs to be built up gradually to become better.

Every once in a while you get to the point where something has run it's course and can get no better; it's good the way it is but to improve you need to burn it down and rebuild anew on the soil that has been fertilised by the ashes of the old ("slash and burn" in agricultural terms).

Once all the teething problems are worked out I'm sure it will grow far beyond the old site, so perhaps personal gripes with the new site should be worded in form of suggestions, not complaints. Posotive criticism is the way forward, sitting around and moaning about what was and what isn't never helped anyone. ;)

That said - get the "Garage" section back pronto! Haha, I needed to completely re-do my garage anyway so I guess it kind of worked out well for me lol

I'm on a number of forums and this one is no harder or easier to use, it has its issues at the minute without the ability to navigate back through menus but that's no big deal for now. It's called modernisation people; and like they say: "You can't stand in the way of progress!"

One last thing, this happened on the old site too so it's nothing to do with the change, does anyone else type away happily then as soon as the text goes past the bottom boundary of the text-box the box insists on going back to the top after every key stroke so you can't actually see what you're typing unl;ess you scroll down, then click and type blind again?
:bang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:56 am 
Red-lining
Red-lining

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 am 
Site Admin / Owner
Site Admin / Owner

I know there is lots of work to do. My main priority was getting us onto phpBB3. All the formatting stuff will happen it will just take time.

If we continued to wait for a phpbb3 garage we would never have upgraded. I had to start somewhere with the new version and this is it. Please be patient as I have a limited amount of spare time to do the work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 am 

Coupe: gen1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:24 am 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:53 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am 

I see the navigation is back and the red has changed, good work Xorro :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:20 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

I cant read the red in the main forum page at all. Im colour blind and it actually hurts to try to squint and read what's there! Im talking about the red text that shows which topic has the latest reply on the far right hand column.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but (and Im sure some people will think this is nuts) after trying to read the red text it takes a while to adjust to the white text in forum posts! Bizarre I know but that's colour blindness for you.

PS - just noticed, cant read red forum moderator names either against this background....not sure what colour it is? Grey ? Green? LOL sorry!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:25 pm 
I'm really motoring now
I'm really motoring now

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]